KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Stars & Celebrities » 1976 King Kong vs 2005 Kong

1976 King Kong vs 2005 Kong
Started by: kingkongfan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
kingkongfan

1976 King Kong vs 2005 Kong

obviously im talking about the characters, because I know thta peter jacksons movie is much better then dino de laurentis one.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2012 07:10 PM
kingkongfan is currently offline Click here to Send kingkongfan a Private Message Find more posts by kingkongfan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kingkongfan

and 1976 kong also inclueds the one from king kong lives

Old Post Nov 16th, 2012 07:12 PM
kingkongfan is currently offline Click here to Send kingkongfan a Private Message Find more posts by kingkongfan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Yeah a fan of "big ape" movies myself.
My only disappoint with Jackson's King Kong was not showing Kong's transportation on the SS Venture back to New York.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2012 04:23 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I'm torn whether I'd rather shag 27 year old Jessica Lange or 37 year old Naomi Watts. Somewhat leaning towards Watts.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-h1CosmnhS...e-king-kong.jpg

http://clothesonfilm.com/wp-content...eet-mid.bmp.jpg

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Nov 19th, 2012 at 07:19 PM

Old Post Nov 19th, 2012 07:17 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Yeah a fan of "big ape" movies myself.
My only disappoint with Jackson's King Kong was not showing Kong's transportation on the SS Venture back to New York.

Yeah because we need a scene filmed for every journey in movies these days because we can't use our imagination.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2012 08:04 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

I prefer the original original - the one from the thirties.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2012 08:42 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Robtard
I'm torn whether I'd rather shag 27 year old Jessica Lange or 37 year old Naomi Watts. Somewhat leaning towards Watts.

I'd lean towards Jessica Lange.

Overall you'd have to favour Peter Jackson's film, but it has its drawbacks and the 1976 one has some strengths. Jackson's film is too long, full of awful seriousness (it could have been renamed The Passion Of The Ape), and was just the 1933 version with up to date CGI and the ham sandwich that is Jack Black. While the 1976 one was up to date in a modern day setting, and includes Jeff Bridges at his hippy best and Charles Grodin getting squashed.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Nov 20th, 2012 09:57 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

Originally posted by Robtard

I'd go with Lange, solely because of how sexy she was in that outfit. I remember seeing the movie on TV, and the movie didn't even matter. Just her in that Jane getup.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2012 12:49 AM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic
I'd go with Lange, solely because of how sexy she was in that outfit. I remember seeing the movie on TV, and the movie didn't even matter. Just her in that Jane getup.

Same here. I watched it a few years back and was totally taken with her. I dont remember having that reaction when I was young in 76'. laughing out loud

By Stoic

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2012 06:45 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by Kazenji
Yeah because we need a scene filmed for every journey in movies these days because we can't use our imagination.

I was hoping for a similar scene to the '76 version where Kong awakes from the sleeping gas & finds himself chained in the cargo hold. he then tries to break loose endangering the ship & its crew.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2012 12:51 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jim Colyer
Restricted

Account Restricted

The 1933 King Kong will never be topped although the 2005 remake was good.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2012 04:09 AM
Jim Colyer is currently offline Click here to Send Jim Colyer a Private Message Find more posts by Jim Colyer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

LoL.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2012 09:38 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Caitlin_K

I haven't seen the 1976 one.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2013 08:09 AM
Caitlin_K is currently offline Click here to Send Caitlin_K a Private Message Find more posts by Caitlin_K Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GreenLantern

Originally posted by roughrider
I'd lean towards Jessica Lange.

Overall you'd have to favour Peter Jackson's film, but it has its drawbacks and the 1976 one has some strengths. Jackson's film is too long, full of awful seriousness (it could have been renamed The Passion Of The Ape), and was just the 1933 version with up to date CGI and the ham sandwich that is Jack Black. While the 1976 one was up to date in a modern day setting, and includes Jeff Bridges at his hippy best and Charles Grodin getting squashed.

I now have to get the 76 version watched!

I enjoyed Jackson's version, but completely agree with you here.

The CGI was great until the dino stampede. Every time I think of that scene I actually get angry! Because they made me believe there was a giant gorilla gosh dang it! But for some reason, they weren't happy and had to push the envelope just a little further ... Horrible looking scene that ruined the whole picture for me!

Old Post Feb 17th, 2013 02:02 PM
GreenLantern is currently offline Click here to Send GreenLantern a Private Message Find more posts by GreenLantern Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

1933 Carl Denham + 1976 Jack Prescott + 2005 Ann Darrow FTW.

Also:

1933 Kong's emotional appeal + 1976 Kong's cold, steady death-by-chopper + 2005 Kong's athleticism FTW

Overall best movie: 1933.
1976 loses by default for man-in-suit silliness.
2005 -- while having peerless FX -- was too long and exhausting.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2013 04:27 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Originally posted by siriuswriter
I prefer the original original - the one from the thirties.

thumb up

Old Post Feb 18th, 2013 02:29 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Godzilla vs King Kong ftw!

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Feb 19th, 2013 08:56 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Originally posted by Bentley

Heh..

Both countries had different endings for their respective countries monster.
Awesome film regardless.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2013 06:26 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Can't recall if I've seen both versions.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2013 10:06 PM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Originally posted by Bentley
Time for a CGI remake.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2013 11:24 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote