KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Stars & Celebrities » RIP Taylor Hawkins

RIP Taylor Hawkins
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

RIP Taylor Hawkins

Oliver Taylor Hawkins (February 17, 1972 – March 25, 2022) was an American musician. He was best known as the drummer for the rock band Foo Fighters, with whom he recorded eight studio albums. Before joining the band in 1997, he was the touring drummer for Sass Jordan and Alanis Morissette, as well as the drummer in the progressive experimental band Sylvia.

In 2004, Hawkins formed his own side project, Taylor Hawkins and the Coattail Riders, in which he played drums and sang, releasing three studio albums between 2006 and 2019. In 2021, he formed the supergroup NHC with Jane's Addiction members Dave Navarro and Chris Chaney, where he also took on lead vocal and drumming duties. The band's sole album is due for release in 2022. He was voted "Best Rock Drummer" in 2005 by the British drumming magazine Rhythm.

On March 25, 2022, the Foo Fighters' official social media accounts announced that Hawkins had died at 50, with the cause of death being unconfirmed. He was reportedly found unresponsive in his hotel room at the Casa Medina hotel in Bogotá, Colombia. The band was on tour in South America at the time of the announcement and was scheduled to perform at the Estéreo Picnic Festival in Bogotá that night.

Damn... RIP Taylor.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Mar 26th, 2022 12:25 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Oh yeah, I heard about this.
That rock & roll lifestyle, man.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2022 04:49 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

As a bit of a drummer myself, it is very sad. sad

He had killer energy and spunk. (part of me wonders now if a lot of that involved cocaine 'n shit, though)

Old Post Mar 30th, 2022 09:10 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^it prob. did, yeah.

Gonna be strange when I watch Studio 666.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2022 01:34 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
^^^it prob. did, yeah.

Gonna be strange when I watch Studio 666.

It was strange. I watched it after he died.

Probably hindered the experience. Not that it's a genius film or anything.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2022 04:21 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote