KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » James Bond Series » Hero of the Heroes

Hero of the Heroes
Started by: yerssot

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
yerssot

Hero of the Heroes

Read today that Choices Video made a list, ranking the heros we know from movie history...

Biggest one is Maximus from Gladiator (hmphf!)
than you have Superman, William Wallace (yay), than Ripley (from the Alien-movies), Spartacus (good) than Aragorn and as last on the list of 7, ... Bond, James Bond (mostly connery)

I hope that with the new movies he will get higher on the lists!

Old Post May 12th, 2004 04:09 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Redeemer

Inspector Harry Callahan.

"DIRTY HARRY...you don't assign him to cases..."
"You just turn him loose...!!!"

Peter Gabriel - SLEDGEHAMMER.

Old Post May 12th, 2004 06:19 PM
The Redeemer is currently offline Click here to Send The Redeemer a Private Message Find more posts by The Redeemer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

I just don't get how Maximus is still that high on the list sad or how Ripley is even mentioned

Old Post May 12th, 2004 07:04 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evy_O
don't let go

Bond should be higher yes
But yay for Maximus, this was one of my favorite movies

they even have Aragorn happy

shallow me, then spit me out
for hating you I blame myself
seeing you it kills me now
no, I don't cry on the outside anymore...

Old Post May 12th, 2004 08:43 PM
Evy_O is currently offline Click here to Send Evy_O a Private Message Find more posts by Evy_O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

he should have at least beaten Ripley, some others are debatable

Old Post May 12th, 2004 09:03 PM
Evy_O
don't let go

yeah probably, who's Wallace? confused

Old Post May 12th, 2004 09:29 PM
Evy_O is currently offline Click here to Send Evy_O a Private Message Find more posts by Evy_O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

William Wallace, from Braveheart, you know the guy saying
"FREEDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM"

Old Post May 12th, 2004 09:33 PM
Discos
The Discmeister

tbh everyone before bind deserved that part, except the ***** from alien movies.....grr

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post May 13th, 2004 11:05 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evy_O
don't let go

I didn't even like Alien messed
Ah, that Wallace big grin

Old Post May 13th, 2004 11:06 PM
yerssot

yeah, but also Aragorn?? ask this again a few years later and Aragorn is off again

Old Post May 13th, 2004 11:10 PM
Discos
The Discmeister

I must say william wallace 100% "the" hero, even though i am fully scottish and very very proud at what he did for MY country smile....i have to share my opinion

The Gladiator deserved it, we studied william wallace in history back at secondary school.....and after studying all the truths and facts, he was actuall a cold blooded killer, when he invaded York he didnt kill just the duke of york at time, he did murder the women aqnd children as well (i think), to avenge his wifes death....

Discos - *weeps a tear*....oh bonnie scotland

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post May 13th, 2004 11:12 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

OI dont say thataragorn man, i have been a lord of the rings fan for many years, before the films were out as well......so am ultra-cool laughing out loud

Aragorn was a great hero, more of a hero in the books than the movies might i add

Old Post May 13th, 2004 11:13 PM
yerssot

well, it's only logic to kill his children, y'know, kill his offspring, kill his heritage

don't get me wrong, I ment with Aragorn Viggo cause of the recent movies

Old Post May 13th, 2004 11:14 PM
Discos
The Discmeister

not in my eyes, lord of the rings will live in my memories for an age to come

his character wont change with his new roles in other movies, i still pin-point orlando bloom as legolas and not as some blacksmith

Old Post May 14th, 2004 12:48 PM
yerssot

me too and Viggo will always stay Aragorn to me

Old Post May 14th, 2004 06:43 PM
Discos
The Discmeister

thats ok then, very good

I remember reading the top 20 heros in the Saturday Mirror (newspaper) in the bus to the city but cant remember much more

Discos - i had a hangover but i remember rocky being last?

Old Post May 14th, 2004 08:27 PM
yerssot

rocky even made it ? stick out tongue

Old Post May 14th, 2004 08:29 PM
Discos
The Discmeister

yeah i know, what a bummer

Bond beat him so thats a bonus

Old Post May 14th, 2004 08:37 PM
yerssot

but bond got a rather weak 7th place

Old Post May 14th, 2004 08:40 PM
Evy_O
don't let go

quote:
Originally posted by Discos
not in my eyes, lord of the rings will live in my memories for an age to come

ditto yes

Old Post May 27th, 2004 10:18 PM