KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » James Bond Series » The Spy Who Loved Me

The Spy Who Loved Me
Started by: Tired Hiker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

The Spy Who Loved Me

I rented all the Bond films on DVD within a two month period of time about two years ago. The one film that stands out as the most captivating Bond film for me was, The Spy Who Loved Me. I feel the love story in The Spy Who Loved Me separates this film from the other Bond films. It was so tragic when The Bond girl gets attacked by those wild dogs. To this day I still can see the images of her running through the woods without a morsel of hope. And the theme song fit the film like no other. So Tragic that she gave her life to help Bond, then paid for it in the end. Anybody else just love this movie???

Old Post Nov 17th, 2004 04:36 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Saw OHMSS?

Old Post Nov 17th, 2004 07:20 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Reborn Again
I'm HELL's Wrath!

The wild dogs sequence happened in Moonraker, not TSWLM. And she didn't "give" her life as you so put it. Bond boinked her and then entered Drax's office, and went through his things. Corinne Dufour only glanced at the clock that held Drax's safe with secret papers. The only reason she was killed was because she supposedly helped Bond, which in reality she didn't. She was seen by Chang, Drax's samurai boyguard exiting Drax's office, who was later killed by Bond.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2004 03:51 AM
Reborn Again is currently offline Click here to Send Reborn Again a Private Message Find more posts by Reborn Again Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

quote:
Originally posted by Reborn Again
The wild dogs sequence happened in Moonraker, not TSWLM. And she didn't "give" her life as you so put it. Bond boinked her and then entered Drax's office, and went through his things. Corinne Dufour only glanced at the clock that held Drax's safe with secret papers. The only reason she was killed was because she supposedly helped Bond, which in reality she didn't. She was seen by Chang, Drax's samurai boyguard exiting Drax's office, who was later killed by Bond.

I don't know about that, I could have sworn the woman was killed by dogs in TSWLM. erm

Old Post Nov 18th, 2004 04:56 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

quote:
Originally posted by yerssot
Saw OHMSS?

Okay, what's that? confused

Old Post Nov 18th, 2004 04:57 AM
yerssot

I read over that, but yeah, RA has it right. It doesn't happen in TSWLM... most of their time is spend in Egypt

and OHMSS is On Her Majesty's Secret Service

Old Post Nov 18th, 2004 02:58 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Redeemer

Did someone mention OHMSS??? Happy Dance

Peter Gabriel - SLEDGEHAMMER.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2004 06:11 PM
The Redeemer is currently offline Click here to Send The Redeemer a Private Message Find more posts by The Redeemer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

I did eek!

Old Post Nov 18th, 2004 09:10 PM
Kaleanae

He did

Old Post Nov 18th, 2004 09:38 PM
Kaleanae is currently offline Click here to Send Kaleanae a Private Message Find more posts by Kaleanae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

totally cool

Old Post Nov 18th, 2004 09:42 PM
The Redeemer

Good! Now we're talkin'!!! smokin'

Old Post Nov 18th, 2004 10:17 PM
The Redeemer is currently offline Click here to Send The Redeemer a Private Message Find more posts by The Redeemer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

in the wrong topic stick out tongue

Old Post Nov 18th, 2004 10:18 PM
Reborn Again
I'm HELL's Wrath!

quote:
Originally posted by The Redeemer
Did someone mention OHMSS??? Happy Dance

Does somebody else smell a stinker? Peeyu! That movie only stands out because Bond gets married... for like an hour before his wife is killed by his arch-enemy, Blofeld, in a drive-by shooting.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2004 02:43 AM
Reborn Again is currently offline Click here to Send Reborn Again a Private Message Find more posts by Reborn Again Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

I thought that was what made OHMSS watchable, the rest I find extremely dull messed

but you gotta admit, RA... the scene after the drive-by shooting is highly emotional

Old Post Nov 19th, 2004 11:37 AM
Reborn Again
I'm HELL's Wrath!

Only because of the song by Louis Armstrong: "We Have All The Time In The World."

Last edited by Reborn Again on Nov 20th, 2004 at 11:22 PM

Old Post Nov 20th, 2004 11:19 PM
yerssot

and the death of his wife

Old Post Nov 21st, 2004 12:45 PM
The Redeemer

quote:
Originally posted by yerssot
I thought that was what made OHMSS watchable, the rest I find extremely dull messed

but you gotta admit, RA... the scene after the drive-by shooting is highly emotional

Drive by shooting??? eek! Bond IS so influential...Lady Rigg must be so proud!!! smokin'

Old Post Nov 21st, 2004 02:42 PM
yerssot

what else would you call it? and it picks up well in RL wink

Old Post Nov 21st, 2004 06:41 PM
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

The spy who loved me is one of my favourite Bond novels, amazingly put together and moody as all hell - told in the first person from the point of view of the tales "bond girl". It all takes place over one night in a motel...

Didn't think much of the movie tho, which as you can imagine is a little diferent in plot.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2004 06:52 PM
Mr Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

most of the novels and movies differ a lot... and those of Pierce of course don't have a Flemming novel to base themselves on

Old Post Nov 21st, 2004 07:00 PM