KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » James Bond Series » No 'Q' For Bond 21?

No 'Q' For Bond 21?
Started by: lau_timmy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (97): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
lau_timmy

No 'Q' For Bond 21?

Long-standing Bond observers have been alarmed by the possibility that James Bond’s gadget expert ‘Q’, played by John Cleese, may not appear in the next 007 movie.

When asked about his role as ‘Q’ in the next James Bond film, however, while he did not rule out his own return, Cleese also made comments which have set alarm bells ringing in some people’s ears: “I’m told that if there is a Q, I will be Q. But I think if they were to cast someone much younger as Bond, I’m not sure they’d want an old Q. I don’t believe there’s a Q in the current version of the script”.

Let's just hope that they don't replace 'Q' with a woman. There's already a woman as "M", so lets not scew this up.

Last edited by lau_timmy on Dec 31st, 2004 at 03:58 AM

Old Post Dec 31st, 2004 03:44 AM
lau_timmy is currently offline Click here to Send lau_timmy a Private Message Find more posts by lau_timmy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

Am I the only one that thinks they can keep Cleese as Q, but they need a new M? Judi Dench is just too much of a hard ass with nothing to back it up. I think we need a more friendly and old man (reminiscent of Bernard Lee), but he has to be firm and know what he's doing. He doesn't have to be a ***** like M is right now though.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2004 07:35 AM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

it doesn't mean anything... there have already been Bond movies without there being a Q in. Just later on the role got more fun to see as they did more one liners in it but it doesn't show much for the story...

and besides... there is only one real Q and that's Desmond, so Cleese can stuff it for all I care and never return, it was perhaps even better to not have a Q in DaD since Desmond had such a great last line

Old Post Jan 1st, 2005 08:16 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

quote:
Originally posted by yerssot
it doesn't mean anything... there have already been Bond movies without there being a Q in. Just later on the role got more fun to see as they did more one liners in it but it doesn't show much for the story...

and besides... there is only one real Q and that's Desmond, so Cleese can stuff it for all I care and never return, it was perhaps even better to not have a Q in DaD since Desmond had such a great last line

exactly with Desmond gone i couldnt care less about cleese or anyone else as Q.. I wish they woudl have retired the letter "Q" and given him a new tech person cause Desmond just cant be replaced

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2005 04:10 AM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

the director of DaD mentioned on the dvd why they gave him the name Q and not R, cause of the sense of continuity, that the "real" Q really retired

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2005 11:56 AM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clovie

i thought the guy who played Q has died in some accident confused

tricked me once - shame on you, tricked me twice - shame on me

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2005 06:27 PM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

yeah, and John Cleese took over in DaD

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2005 06:34 PM
Clovie

as R, right?

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2005 06:38 PM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

no, as Q messed

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2005 06:41 PM
Clovie

i'm 100% sure, that there was no Q, the guy was R blink at least in polish translation... *goes to check*

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2005 06:48 PM
yerssot

yes, but that was a joke... y'know,... Desmond was playing Q and then John was playing his successor... R comes after Q messed

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2005 06:52 PM
Clovie

i don't follow
he was Q but bond was calling him R?

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2005 06:54 PM
yerssot

yes, as a joke messed

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2005 06:56 PM
Clovie

and in crew he was as Q? blink

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2005 06:58 PM
yerssot

how do you mean?

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2005 07:00 PM
Clovie

nevermind... i s'posse i didn't get the joke *feels stupid*

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2005 07:05 PM
yerssot

why this time ? messed

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2005 07:13 PM
Clovie

coz i thought that they've changed the title

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2005 07:18 PM
yerssot

no, he's named Q again in DaD

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2005 07:25 PM
Clovie

i got that.... but not fast enough *feels more stupid*

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2005 07:27 PM