KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » James Bond Series » Never Say Never Again

Never Say Never Again
Started by: Mane

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mane
Restricted

Account Restricted

Never Say Never Again

As an unofficial Bond film, how is it compared to the official Bond films? is it worth buying? smile

Old Post Jan 26th, 2005 05:26 AM
Mane is currently offline Click here to Send Mane a Private Message Find more posts by Mane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clovie

tricked me once - shame on you, tricked me twice - shame on me

Old Post Jan 26th, 2005 09:29 AM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

yes, mod clovs stick out tongue

well, it's a remake of Thunderball... and Sean is bald in it... so better see the original one

Old Post Jan 26th, 2005 12:19 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clovie

i will get it merged.....

i didn't know it is a remake..
i know kim basinger plays there smart

tricked me once - shame on you, tricked me twice - shame on me

Old Post Jan 26th, 2005 01:31 PM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mane
Restricted

Account Restricted

I've seen Thunderball, but you still never answered my question. Is it worth seeing or buying?

Old Post Jan 26th, 2005 01:34 PM
Mane is currently offline Click here to Send Mane a Private Message Find more posts by Mane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

quote:
Originally posted by yerssot
so better see the original one

Old Post Jan 26th, 2005 06:25 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mane
Restricted

Account Restricted

So that's a no?

Old Post Jan 26th, 2005 10:46 PM
yerssot

I would say no... the original is always better

Old Post Jan 27th, 2005 12:01 AM
Mane
Restricted

Account Restricted

Alright, thanks alot. thumb up

Old Post Jan 27th, 2005 03:13 AM
yerssot

"Don't thank me, thank the moon's gravitational pull" no expression

Old Post Jan 27th, 2005 11:22 AM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

That damn hairpiece of Connery's still haunts me, you know ...

Perhaps I was being a bit too harsh in the other "NSNA" thread; the film isn't THAT crap, it just doesn't have anything to really recommend it. The story is {obviously} just a re-hash, the action is uninspired, the FX hokey in parts {even by the standards of the day}, and it's just downright strange in terms of the way in which it messes with established character traits {An old JB? A young M? A cockney Q called Algernon? A black Felix?}. Hard to believe that Irving Kershner {the director of "The Empire Strikes Back", people} helmed this mess ...

Having said that, Connery was still undeniably cool after all those years away {adding an intriguing, almost "world weary" quality to Bond for this adventure}, and some bits are undeniably fun {such as the "world domination" game}.

What do you guys think?

Ahnold Sez: (From "The Expendables 2"): "My *shoe* is bigger than this cahr!"

Old Post Mar 27th, 2005 09:26 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

but ahnold, it only moved a bit wink

I thought that the Volpe in this movie got closer to the naughty nurse version wink

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 01:55 PM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

quote: (post)
Originally posted by yerssot
But ahnold, it only moved a bit.

That's not the point; it looks SO unbelievably fake! It's vying with William Shatner's rug for the title of "worst hairpiece ever" ...

Old Post Apr 1st, 2005 12:04 AM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Heh - I'm a bit obsessed, aren't I?

Old Post Apr 1st, 2005 02:21 PM
yerssot

no, not really... everyone could see that it was a hairpiece and a darn ugly one too

Old Post Apr 1st, 2005 08:12 PM