KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » James Bond Series » Rory McCann as the new James Bond #6?

Rory McCann as the new James Bond #6?
Started by: lau_timmy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
lau_timmy

Rory McCann as the new James Bond #6?

I'm sure most of you have heard this bit of "news."

Scottish actor Rory McCann, who last appeared alongside in "Alexander", is considered to be the top choice of producers. Contrary to most media reports, the producers are looking for a relative unknown take over from Brosnan, and 34-year-old McCann is the current front runner amongst the hopefuls

Story at MI6.co.uk

Old Post Jan 27th, 2005 04:59 AM
lau_timmy is currently offline Click here to Send lau_timmy a Private Message Find more posts by lau_timmy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

yeah, I heard about him, think I posted it in the Bond 21 thread. I think the age is already looking good but I'm not so sure about his face though somehow he reminds me of a young Sean blink

Old Post Jan 27th, 2005 11:23 AM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lau_timmy

Yes, I guess the producers wanted ot bring back the old days where Sean Connery was Bond. Because he resembles Connery, some fans of his think he'd make a good Bond.

Last edited by lau_timmy on Jan 27th, 2005 at 12:13 PM

Old Post Jan 27th, 2005 12:03 PM
lau_timmy is currently offline Click here to Send lau_timmy a Private Message Find more posts by lau_timmy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

did he already do a resambling job or something?

Old Post Jan 27th, 2005 12:45 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lau_timmy

What do you mean?

Old Post Jan 27th, 2005 12:48 PM
Corran
Lucifer

A screen test?

Old Post Jan 27th, 2005 12:57 PM
Corran is currently offline Click here to Send Corran a Private Message Find more posts by Corran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lau_timmy

Yes, he did reportedly screen-tested for the role. This would contradict previous rumors that other actors were in the front-running for the role, including Jude Law, Clive Owen and Hugh Jackman.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2005 01:10 PM
Evy_O
don't let go

ok Jude Law is so not Bond messed I hope that Rory guy is more suitable!

actually the name Rory makes me giggle, it's hilarious happy

shallow me, then spit me out
for hating you I blame myself
seeing you it kills me now
no, I don't cry on the outside anymore...

Old Post Jan 27th, 2005 03:26 PM
Evy_O is currently offline Click here to Send Evy_O a Private Message Find more posts by Evy_O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

I ment something more in the lines of his previous jobs resambling bond or something

oh and evy, grow up stick out tongue
(I always wanted to say that happy )

Old Post Jan 27th, 2005 05:01 PM
lau_timmy

All previous Bond actors were themselves relatively unknown to their roles as 007, so McCann could be a perfect candidate for James Bond. At 34 years old, this would be the ideal age for the 'refreshing' Bond actor the producers are looking for.

Last edited by lau_timmy on Jan 29th, 2005 at 12:39 AM

Old Post Jan 29th, 2005 12:36 AM
yerssot

though bookmakers recently slashed Owen's chances down again messed

Old Post Jan 29th, 2005 12:40 AM
lau_timmy

Rory McCann isn't the only person who resembles the young Sean Connery. There are actors such as Clive Owen and Dougray Scott.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2005 12:55 AM
Kaleanae

I have never heard of him but I just look his picture in imdb and he does look like Sean Connery messed

Old Post Mar 13th, 2005 06:40 AM
Kaleanae is currently offline Click here to Send Kaleanae a Private Message Find more posts by Kaleanae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Redeemer

Having a good look at Clive Owen at The Oscars the other week, he more resembles George Lazenby than Sean. Never heard of Rory McCann though!

Peter Gabriel - SLEDGEHAMMER.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2005 09:50 AM
The Redeemer is currently offline Click here to Send The Redeemer a Private Message Find more posts by The Redeemer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

so Clive is still in it then if they go for bond's history

Old Post Mar 13th, 2005 06:55 PM
The Redeemer

From what i've seen he looks the best of the bunch!

Old Post Mar 13th, 2005 08:21 PM
The Redeemer is currently offline Click here to Send The Redeemer a Private Message Find more posts by The Redeemer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

looks or acting ability you mean?

Old Post Mar 13th, 2005 09:08 PM
The Redeemer

Er, general suitability for the part!

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 07:18 PM
yerssot

looks it is stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 10:14 PM
The Redeemer

Give the guy a chance. That's what I say!

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 10:41 PM