KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » James Bond Series » The Bond Funfacts

The Bond Funfacts
Started by: yerssot

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (58): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
yerssot

The Bond Funfacts

Storm (a member here) adviced me to make a thread about funny facts of the Bond-franchise...

I'm here to follow that advice... when you know a fun fact about bond, please post it here smile

I'll kick off :
Ian Fleming wanted his cousin Christopher Lee to play Dr. No

(it doesn't mean much to most I guess, but being a star wars fan this is kinda funny)

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2004 11:13 AM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evy_O
don't let go

I find pretty amusing the fact that Q is played by the same actor throughout (almost) the whole JB series stick out tongue What was his name... Desmond Llewelyn smile

shallow me, then spit me out
for hating you I blame myself
seeing you it kills me now
no, I don't cry on the outside anymore...

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2004 03:13 PM
Evy_O is currently offline Click here to Send Evy_O a Private Message Find more posts by Evy_O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

"If you're Q, does that make him R?" laughing out loud

well, a new one:
the codename 007, came from the agent J. Dee (forgot his first name, but it wasn't James I think)
When he wrote to the queen about his actions and such, he finished his letters with 007, which means:
00: two eyes: for your eyes only
7: actually it's a J, from his first name

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2004 04:14 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

Prior to Dr. No's release, the film's distributors were quoted as saying "All we have to lose is $1 million"!

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2004 07:11 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

yes, and they were even going to pull the plug when it went over 1 million embarrasment

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2004 08:34 PM
Storm
Black belt BJJ

The mechanical hook worn by Julius W. Harris in Live and Let Die was controlled by the actor's breathing.

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2004 05:08 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

excellent one storm smile

In the lower left of Boris's computer screen in Sevranya there is a rotating cube with different Star Trek icons in it. messed

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2004 05:23 PM
Storm
Black belt BJJ

I' m wondering what would have happened to that hook if the actor accidentally had to sneeze laughing

Make poverty history.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2004 06:39 PM
yerssot

lets just hope no one was near him wink

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2004 06:40 PM
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

Thunderball was originally slated to be the first JB film, but due to the cost it would be to make it they decided to go with Dr. No

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Mar 24th, 2004 07:30 AM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Licence to Kill:
When Bond is on the gasoline tanker and is being shot at by machine guns, the bullets that ricochet off the tanker make the Bond theme

Old Post Mar 24th, 2004 03:04 PM
cermiestar
kitten

[color=deeppink]I just think it's funny that the same guy who wrote james bond went on to write chitty chittry bang bang/color]

Old Post Mar 24th, 2004 07:35 PM
cermiestar is currently offline Click here to Send cermiestar a Private Message Find more posts by cermiestar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

shucks sad
*throws away trivia question*

Old Post Mar 24th, 2004 07:45 PM
yerssot

y'know, for whiskey they take coffee and thin it with water big grin

Old Post Mar 27th, 2004 11:42 AM
Kes
Philie

Goldeneye:
"Alec Trvelyan" never died on screen in Germany. The last scene German audiences saw was when he plummets to the ground after falling from the antenna. The latter part of the scene, where the structure collapses onto him, was cut in its entirety.

At the beginning, Bond sets the bomb's timing device for six minutes. Read it backwards and you get 006 - as in Agent 006, Alex Trevelyan.

Does this count or is it just facts?embarrasment

Old Post Mar 27th, 2004 06:24 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

quote:
Originally posted by Evy_O
I find pretty amusing the fact that Q is played by the same actor throughout (almost) the whole JB series stick out tongue What was his name... Desmond Llewelyn smile
He's dead. He died in a car crash

Old Post Mar 27th, 2004 06:27 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

yeah, kes sad He was a great Q! sad

and a great funfact kes smile never heard of that one smile
wonder why... cause of his origin?

Old Post Mar 27th, 2004 06:57 PM
Kes
Philie

Cause of his origin?Where I got it from?
www.moviemistakes.com of course.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2004 07:38 PM
yerssot

yeah, he's a lienz kozak, had a little rumble with Russia in WWII... perhaps that's why? painful subject

Old Post Mar 27th, 2004 07:44 PM
cermiestar
kitten

who died?

Old Post Mar 27th, 2004 10:08 PM
cermiestar is currently offline Click here to Send cermiestar a Private Message Find more posts by cermiestar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote