KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » James Bond Series » How The Hell Did They Do That?

How The Hell Did They Do That?
Started by: The Redeemer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Redeemer

How The Hell Did They Do That?

First tread for The Redemeer on KMC so here goes... wink

Right after Mr Wint and Mr Kidd disposes of a good dentist with a well placed scorpion, his buddy arrives via helicopter and leaves with what he thinks is prize possession booty but is in fact a "bomba surprise". After taking off, Mr Wint and Mr Kidd watch gleefully as the 'copter explodes in mid-air...

And very, very impressively in my opinion and not like those obviously fake exploding matt painting ones during the film's oil rig climax. I've watched this sequence countless times and I've never ceased to ask myself...

How the hell did they do that? The film makers I mean, not Wint and Kidd. Same style as later but only better? A rigged 'copter suspended in mid-air? A very clever combination of both? Anyone know??? sad

...TR...

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2004 10:54 PM
The Redeemer is currently offline Click here to Send The Redeemer a Private Message Find more posts by The Redeemer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

I should watch it again;

but my first guess would be blue-screen with the helicopter actually being a small model that DOES explode

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2004 11:00 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Redeemer

quote:
Originally posted by yerssot
I should watch it again;

but my first guess would be blue-screen with the helicopter actually being a small model that DOES explode

Maybe, but it does look the business!!! yes

...TR...

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2004 11:04 PM
The Redeemer is currently offline Click here to Send The Redeemer a Private Message Find more posts by The Redeemer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

well, if it was from a good bond movie; I would probably know a bit more aboot it stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2004 11:10 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

not to be cheeky but I was under the impression by my sight that it was a model helicopter

the explosion was quite pathetic like a somewhat firework...a real helicopter would have made much more of a wreckage and explosion than that did.

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post May 4th, 2004 01:00 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Redeemer

It may have been a model but it dosen't look like a blue/matte screen in front of Wint And Kidd.

Peter Gabriel - SLEDGEHAMMER.

Old Post May 4th, 2004 07:37 PM
yerssot

hmm, funny, didn't post here after seeing it... but yeah, I agree with discos, it was blue screen and a model messed

Old Post May 4th, 2004 07:42 PM
The Redeemer

I thought it was well done.

Old Post May 4th, 2004 07:44 PM
yerssot

yeah, but which movies do you like? that says enough wink

Old Post May 4th, 2004 07:46 PM
Reborn Again
I'm HELL's Wrath!

Mini-copter. Just like a mini-tanker in TSWLM & a mini-hollowed out volano in YOLT. Amazing what they can do to make realism, eh?

Old Post May 14th, 2004 07:44 PM
Reborn Again is currently offline Click here to Send Reborn Again a Private Message Find more posts by Reborn Again Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

the mini-copter did actually work eek!

Old Post May 14th, 2004 07:47 PM
Discos
The Discmeister

yep i know, i didnt even noticed they used a blue screen, i thought they actually flew a mini-model-copter into the sky with an explosive in it confused

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post May 14th, 2004 08:15 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

you notice bluescreen most of the time though

Old Post May 14th, 2004 08:21 PM
Discos
The Discmeister

i see confused

Discos - takes his word it

Old Post May 14th, 2004 08:44 PM
yerssot

and green screen no expression

Old Post May 14th, 2004 08:51 PM
Discos
The Discmeister

ok now i am totally in the dark....i know nowt about SFI/SFX whatnot

Old Post May 14th, 2004 09:07 PM
yerssot

it's blue screen but than with green wink

Old Post May 14th, 2004 09:08 PM
Discos
The Discmeister

right...

its just like coming home on a friday night and doing all your homework, so you're satuday night is just free to party

Discos - ....no i like the way i said it better

Old Post May 14th, 2004 09:11 PM
yerssot

something like that

Old Post May 14th, 2004 09:20 PM
The Redeemer

stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 18th, 2004 09:48 PM