KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Computer Games

Computer Games
Started by: Pikachu

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Pikachu
Little Yellow Mouse

Computer Games

Are there any fraggers or nukers amongst this board?

I love a good game of Quake III Arena or Voyager Elite Forces.

I'm also playing Black & White, Battle for Naboo, Alice and Alone in the Dark right now, though not all at the same time. big grin

Old Post Jul 10th, 2001 10:17 PM
Pikachu is currently offline Click here to Send Pikachu a Private Message Find more posts by Pikachu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Battle for Naboo is a bit... um... well.

I THINK EJ and Merc used to be fraggers and they are long gone. I am more to co-operative type; besides which I can't stand the ping on a mdoem for FPS anyway. I like LANs!

Are they going to release the official B&W patch EVER? I want the B&W chat system; there might be a loophole for Edna on that one...

EDIT- Oops there is the patch now...

[ July 10, 2001: Message edited by: Ushgarak ]

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jul 10th, 2001 10:58 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

I LOOOOVVVEEE Quake III Arena, just bought the Team Arena add on, the new maps are awesome, absolutely massive.

Battle for Naboo is OK, very much like Rogue Squadron 3D with different craft and maps.

I just bought a new machine, specced up for gaming. Quake III TA has excellent surround sound effects so you can here people coming up from behind.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2001 02:36 AM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Rogue Squadron with different craft and maps? What's that then? Are there any new patches or additions that I missed?

Old Post Jul 11th, 2001 06:34 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Desperados wanted dead or alive.... Clint eat your heart out there is a new Sheriff in town. And this one aint gonna get shot by Bob Marley or Eric Clapton big grin

Old Post Jul 11th, 2001 08:07 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Battle for Naboo is a whole different game, Queeq, but I really don't think it is worth it. The cheat that lets you play as Darth Maul is a laugh though.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Jul 11th, 2001 10:17 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Well I like the game, it's fun if you enjoyed RS3D. Plus you get to pilot some of the ground based vehicles such as a STAP variant and speeders.

There's a much broader story element to this one than there was in RS3D as well.

Prefer a good frag on Q3TA any day though, especially with those MASSIVE maps.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2001 10:33 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Battle for Naboo is not a PC game, is it?

Old Post Jul 12th, 2001 02:11 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Yeah it is. I think it was on the PS/2 first but it is available on the PC. I play it on the PC.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2001 02:13 AM
queeq
Chaos

It is?! Ooh, I should get it. I haven't seen it anywhere here in Holland. I only knew about it as being a PS/2 game.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2001 02:27 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Hmm. HMM... it's hardly like Lucasart's heyday. TIE Fighter and all...

Roll on Jedi Outcast and Knights of the Old Republic, I say! We had better ALL play KOTOR, by the way.

BtVS

Old Post Jul 12th, 2001 02:33 AM
Ratcat

Which I believe is using the Quake III Team Arena Engine with additional enhancements.

Should be wicked!!!!

I'm there!

Old Post Jul 12th, 2001 02:37 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, Outcast does, of course., As ever, Raven will make alterations like they did with Heretic and Hexen and Hexen II and Heretic II and Solider of Fortune... in fact, EVERY time they licence an id engine,.

KOTOR isn't an FPS, but it sounds bloody amazing.

BtVS

Old Post Jul 12th, 2001 02:39 AM
queeq
Chaos

So, no Battle of Naboo then?

Old Post Jul 12th, 2001 02:50 AM
Ratcat

Well obviously I was referring to Outcast, AKA Darkforces 3... Though I understand the Dark Forces title has been dropped.

But I was referring to the Team Arena engine as opposed to the Arena engine. The TA engine is GREATLY refined on the earlier version.

And Hexen and Hexen II used the Quake and Quake II engines respectively, not the Arena Engine. Not sure about Heretic but I think you'll find that was the Quake engine.

Star Trek: Voyager Elite Forces uses the Arena Engine as well.

The Team Arena engine is just the best though. Trust me on this one. big grin

Old Post Jul 12th, 2001 03:12 AM
Pikachu
Little Yellow Mouse

You seem to know you Quake engines there RC.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2001 03:16 AM
Pikachu is currently offline Click here to Send Pikachu a Private Message Find more posts by Pikachu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Hey"! I know my Raven History! I just meant thst they always tweak the engines they are given. And they ARE tweaking the already tweaked Tram Arena engine,

Heretic was the Doom Engine (and was the first FPS in which you could look up and down), so was Hexen (though Hexen's one was MASSIVELY modified).

Hexen II used Quake (not very modfied) and Heretic II used Quake II (HUGELY modified).

So, no surprise that they are altering nwhat they have AGAIN.

[ July 11, 2001: Message edited by: Ushgarak ]

BtVS

Old Post Jul 12th, 2001 03:19 AM
Ratcat

Yeah, well I should do... The Activison released ones at least.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2001 03:19 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Raven never leave anything alone. I love them, in case my above post didn;t make that clear...

BtVS

Old Post Jul 12th, 2001 03:24 AM
Ratcat

Well I'll admit I only know the once distributed directly by Activision, which I think is most of them. Not sure if Raven have down any engine work that has been distributed by other publishers though I suspect they have.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2001 04:53 AM