KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Half-Life 2

Half-Life 2
Started by: SpikeSpiegel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

Half-Life 2

Does anyone know when Half-Life 2 is released? I've read November on some sites and April on others, which is it?

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 09:14 AM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

i knew about april. It will be a great game...too bad it won't run n my pc..oh well. At least i'll play multi at the clubs

Old Post Oct 28th, 2003 11:24 AM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

As of now, it's still slated for November, at least here in the states. But with the current leak of the source code, I would not be surprised should it be delayed till next year.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2003 11:37 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eat My Ass

Half Life 2

looks amazing, i've never seen such a detailed world, you can use anything and everything, walk anywhere and everywhere..it's amazing

http://www.FreePSPs.com/?r=17495261

Old Post Dec 31st, 2003 09:04 AM
113 is currently offline Click here to Send 113 a Private Message Find more posts by 113 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

I know saw a 7min trailer this other day, looks great, but I think that Doom3 will be better, heard that HL2 is gonna requier 2Ghz or more same about Doom3, and GeForceFX 5900 to run with the best grapichs

Old Post Dec 31st, 2003 11:29 AM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Half life 2 will suposedly be playable (although with much of the settings turned down, or completely off) on a 700 mghz system with a Geforce 2 card....Doom 3 on the other hand...I hear you'll need at least a 1.5 gighz system just to be able to run the game, even with all the graphical enhancements turned off.

I think Doom 3 will be fun, but the AI for that game is non-existant. the enemies just run straight at you, just like in the old doom games. The game is pretty much entirely dependant on the graphics and atmosphere.

Halflife2 on the other hand, has the best AI that has ever been in any game, period. The demo is truley amazing, and the AI oponents look brilliant. I think Half Life 2 will triumph over doom 3, which would be nothing without it's graphics.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2003 12:06 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I heard there was no A.I. that it was all just lies and scripted work. Well at least that was the reason the hacker stole the half life 2 code or whatever. I'm all for this great game though, original half life owned and I expect no less of its sequel big grin

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 05:44 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dagons Blade
I'll Take The Job

Yeah ain't that some shit about that stolen code? Oh well, makes me wonder if that hasn't happened before somewhere. First I've heard of it...anyway only having a meager 800 mhz system, ATI Radeon 9000 64 Meg and 512 MB RAM, I fear I'ma bit out of therace for today's nevwr games, but then that makes the older ones I missed first hand cheaper, and that's where I do my best shopping.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2004 09:55 PM
Dagons Blade is currently offline Click here to Send Dagons Blade a Private Message Find more posts by Dagons Blade Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

Test if your computer can run Half Life 2

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2004 08:17 PM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Processor: Your processor is fine.
Graphics : You should be able to play in a low resolution. Upgrade this as a priority.
System Memory: You have enough RAM
Operating System: You will be able to play on Win XP.
Architecture: No Problems
Daaamn... bought the computer a year or so ago and the graphics memory isnt enough... stupid cheap 32MB *mutters into the night*

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2004 09:00 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KidRock

haf life 2

who cant wait for it?! i cant wait till it comes out in august. it should hold me over until my beloved ROME TOTAL WAR comes out

Old Post Jul 1st, 2004 02:25 AM
KidRock is currently offline Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheOne101
Pissin Off the System

i cant wait for it to come out right after halo 2 so noone will care haha. i hate hf 2 no offense to people who like it but i think it sucks and doest deserve to be called game of the year. but thats just me. i am counting on halo 2 coming out and everyone goin to buy it and get caught up in halo then forget about half life hehe. but u never know they might be online competitors..

Old Post Jul 1st, 2004 03:13 AM
TheOne101 is currently offline Click here to Send TheOne101 a Private Message Find more posts by TheOne101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KidRock

quote:
Originally posted by TheOne101
i cant wait for it to come out right after halo 2 so noone will care haha. i hate hf 2 no offense to people who like it but i think it sucks and doest deserve to be called game of the year. but thats just me. i am counting on halo 2 coming out and everyone goin to buy it and get caught up in halo then forget about half life hehe. but u never know they might be online competitors..

Halo sucks and people are finally realizing it. the only reason HALO 1 sold becuase it was the only game out for Xbox for about 3 months.

sorry to tell you but halo 2 will BOMB my friend

Old Post Jul 1st, 2004 06:01 AM
KidRock is currently offline Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The True Fear
Restricted

Account Restricted

kid rock this is true.rock on american badass.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2004 08:16 PM
The True Fear is currently offline Click here to Send The True Fear a Private Message Find more posts by The True Fear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarFace Clone
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah nice one Kid rock

Old Post Jul 1st, 2004 11:46 PM
ScarFace Clone is currently offline Click here to Send ScarFace Clone a Private Message Find more posts by ScarFace Clone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KidRock

thank you thank you ill be here all week

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2004 07:34 AM
TheOne101
Pissin Off the System

not true mr badass i disagree i think half life 2 will BOMB due to the fact that it sucked. and always will suck. i garentee to anyone on this forum that halo 2 will surpass half life and doom (although i like doom) by an enormouse amount. half life was only said to be good cuz IT was the first fps or something so it was also the only of its kind out.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2004 02:22 PM
TheOne101 is currently offline Click here to Send TheOne101 a Private Message Find more posts by TheOne101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

Your totaly wrong The One, Wolfenstein3D was the first fps, Half Life wasint very original in any way, it has basicly the same plot as in Doom.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2004 03:28 PM
KidRock

quote:
Originally posted by TheOne101
not true mr badass i disagree i think half life 2 will BOMB due to the fact that it sucked. and always will suck. i garentee to anyone on this forum that halo 2 will surpass half life and doom (although i like doom) by an enormouse amount. half life was only said to be good cuz IT was the first fps or something so it was also the only of its kind out.

Half life 2 will bomb becuae it SUCKED? have you played the game? lol oookkkk... roll eyes (sarcastic)

HALO 2 has nothing new to bring to the table. its going to have horrible weapons bad story (if any at all) the graphics engine will probley not be optimized (that means it will run horrible on your computer). HALO 2 is nothing special.

"Your totaly wrong The One, Wolfenstein3D was the first fps, Half Life wasint very original in any way, it has basicly the same plot as in Doom."

Have you played Doom??? It has no story...LITERALLY it had NO story it was just a run through the levels killing aliens. Half life had a story.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2004 07:24 AM
BackFire

I don't understand the hostility in this thread. Say what you want about Half Life 2 or Halo 2, the simple fact is both will sell like hot cakes. I will bet all the money I have that neither game will "bomb", both will be incredibly popular, and probably very solid all around.

Also, Theone101, Half Life was NOT the first FPS, far from it. It simply did so much new stuff for the genre and it was recognized for it. It was teh first game to really use scripted scenes to their full potential, it was the first FPS game that really relied on it's story to push you forward, rather then the fact that you'd be getting bigger and better guns as you went on. It was also the first game that had popular mods.

Halo, on the other hand, didn't really do anything new, aside from the vehicular gameplay. It was a very solid game, but not revolutionary. In fact, I think it's popularity stems heavily from the fact that it was primarily a console game, and console FPS's are usually very flaky, where as Halo was solid all around.

Bottom line, no matter how much you may dislike either game, they will both sell extremely well.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2004 09:37 AM