KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Warcraft or starcraft which is the better game?

Warcraft or starcraft which is the better game?
Started by: cheney

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cheney
Exa's LOTR Disciple

Warcraft or starcraft which is the better game?

personally i think warcraft is much better then starcraft but that may be because i am a much bigger fan of fantasy as opposed to futuristic

Old Post Dec 31st, 2003 12:44 PM
cheney is currently offline Click here to Send cheney a Private Message Find more posts by cheney Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

i gotta go with starcraft. warcraft is an rpg game while starcraft is a true rts. in warcraft ull have an army of 12 guys go each person's supply is so high, but in sc when u can create 2 things for a measly one supply, it really gives the player options to build whatever he or she wants

I'm a signature!

Old Post Dec 31st, 2003 01:52 PM
Spearhead is currently offline Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

I say Warcraft, better story, better graphics, and more like LOTR, AND U DO GET TO HAVE MORE THE 12 GUYS, I always have about 25 stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 31st, 2003 02:12 PM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

well so-ry...in sc u get actual armies not little infiltration squads

I'm a signature!

Old Post Dec 31st, 2003 02:22 PM
Spearhead is currently offline Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gotwa
Ring Master

Starcraft - thumb up
Warcraft - thumb down

There's more militial possibilities in Starcraft. The graphics aren't as detailed, leaving some extra space for 56k to go faster. Starcraft is more time efficient. Etc.. I can keep going.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2003 03:35 PM
Gotwa is currently offline Click here to Send Gotwa a Private Message Find more posts by Gotwa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Warcraft for sure. Starcraft was gay. Its too fast and not much strategy is needed. well just my opinion.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2003 03:49 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

wc is spells for the most part. sc is actual fighting.

I'm a signature!

Old Post Dec 31st, 2003 04:19 PM
Gotwa
Ring Master

Not much strategy needed? What the ****? Have you ever played a game with the best? It's ALL about strategy. Here's my motto.

The best have a high APM rate. But having a high APM rate doesn't make you the best.

Warcraft was boring. No flavor.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2003 05:42 PM
Gotwa is currently offline Click here to Send Gotwa a Private Message Find more posts by Gotwa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gotwa
Ring Master

This threads rating - 4

Old Post Dec 31st, 2003 05:42 PM
Spearhead
Prophet

hey gotwa whats ur Bnet name again?

I'm a signature!

Old Post Dec 31st, 2003 05:43 PM
Gotwa
Ring Master

Vegeta(DL)x / Vegeta(DL)Bot

Old Post Dec 31st, 2003 05:48 PM
Spearhead
Prophet

aight. im actually on BNet right now u wanna do UMS or somethin?

I'm a signature!

Old Post Dec 31st, 2003 05:48 PM
Spearhead
Prophet

yeah if u wonderin im St.Allerdyce

I'm a signature!

Old Post Dec 31st, 2003 05:49 PM
Gotwa
Ring Master

I know. I already contacted you.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2003 05:50 PM
Eat My Ass

i hate both these games cause i hate strategy games for the most part but i'd say i hate starcraft the least, heh smile

http://www.FreePSPs.com/?r=17495261

Old Post Dec 31st, 2003 08:27 PM
113 is currently offline Click here to Send 113 a Private Message Find more posts by 113 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Noxi
Aqualibrium

i like starcraft better

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 12:10 AM
Noxi is currently offline Click here to Send Noxi a Private Message Find more posts by Noxi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

aqua do u go on battlenet?

I'm a signature!

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 12:12 AM
Gotwa
Ring Master

B.net all the way. SC for lyfe. D: Been playing since it's Day 2 release.

Blizzard > All

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 12:16 AM
Spearhead
Prophet

oh and someone said the sc story was terrible? guess what, you're right. but u dont play sc or wc for the one player campaigns. you do that to get good at the game. the longevity in both wc and sc exists in LAN or online gaming with other people, and vast choices of use map settings games.

I'm a signature!

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 12:19 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Starcraft has the better style.

But Warcraft III is the better and more impressively designed and balanced game (which is saying something, considering the effort in SC balancing that was made). It also gives the casual player more scope for entertainment, unlike Starcraft which only attracted- certainly in long term- to hardcore RTS fans (though attracting very much, for sure!). The people who prefer SC are the hardcore dedicated fans who knew it inside out.

We'll see if Starcraft II- should it happen- is upped a factor in the design areas that made War III a better game from an objective point of view.

And I rather liked the storylines, even though they became predictable.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 05:14 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote