KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Baldurs Gate

Baldurs Gate
Started by: wicker_man

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
wicker_man
V.2

Baldurs Gate

Any other fans of this franchise on KMC ?
My typical game repertoire consists of first & third person shooters, however one of my friends got me into the Baldurs Gate franchise and i've been hooked ever since, i have experienced both the console and PC formats of the series and although both formats are slightly different (i.e. The console versions require the user to control one character at anyone time where as the PC version requires the user to handle a group) both are fine examples of RPG'ing. My favorite character(s) are Mincs & Boo (the hamster) from Baldurs Gate 2 : Shadows of Amin, although i have yet to experience the multi-player as im still hooked on my Neverwinter Nights quest.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Feb 6th, 2004 02:11 PM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fallin Angel
Your Angel

Oh i love baldur's gate , especially shadows of amn

Sig and icon made by me. ^_^

Old Post Feb 6th, 2004 09:21 PM
Fallin Angel is currently offline Click here to Send Fallin Angel a Private Message Find more posts by Fallin Angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I never cared much for Baldurs Gate. I thought it was too slow.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2004 09:43 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

I love it love and all those Forgoten Realms games big grin

Old Post Feb 7th, 2004 06:36 PM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
amlap
this guy

i never really got into the pc version, but the console... i tear that game apart. i jsut played and beat the new one for xbox in two sittings... the addiction

NUFF SAID!

Old Post Feb 8th, 2004 05:34 AM
amlap is currently offline Click here to Send amlap a Private Message Find more posts by amlap Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Two of the finest games ever on the PC.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 8th, 2004 02:58 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

Whats your favourate D&D game for the PC?

Bhallspawn saga
Baldurs Gate
Tales of the Sword Coast
Shadows of Amn
Throne of Bhaal

Icewind Dale
Heart oof Winter
Icewind Dale 2
Pool of Radience: Ruins of Myth Drannor

NWN
Neverwinter Nights
Shadows of Udrentide
Hordes of the Underdark

Temple of Elemental Evil

Old Post Apr 16th, 2004 07:18 PM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

Thats hard, love the baal spawn story but the graphics and expanded abilities of neverwinter rock my world, and the console version rocks.... all i can say is those who don't play this game have something missing that they would miss otherwise...

Old Post Apr 18th, 2004 05:27 AM
RaventheOnly is currently offline Click here to Send RaventheOnly a Private Message Find more posts by RaventheOnly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

I bought all the bhallspawn saga at the same time, and it took me months of playing it every night to completely finish it. The graphics aren't as good, but the character interaction with the NPC's are really cool.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2004 03:29 PM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maelstrum
The Bastoker

You beat that game in 2 sittings because it was quite possibly the easiest game ever!.....although it was fun...i liked Dark Alliance better (the first Baldurs Gate console game)

Old Post Apr 18th, 2004 07:47 PM
Maelstrum is currently offline Click here to Send Maelstrum a Private Message Find more posts by Maelstrum Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

BG dark alliance is nothing like the PC version lol....

Old Post Apr 19th, 2004 04:33 AM
RaventheOnly is currently offline Click here to Send RaventheOnly a Private Message Find more posts by RaventheOnly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

The PC version is so huge. The 4 baldurs gate PC games together take months to complete

Old Post Apr 19th, 2004 01:51 PM