KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Video Games to Movies

Video Games to Movies
Started by: coolboarder98

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
coolboarder98

Shocked Video Games to Movies

With the somewhat success of the 1st Resident Evil and with the upcoming release of Resident Evil: Apocolypse, the sub-par Tomb Raider movies, I was curious as to what games you guys think should be made into games. Maybe list possible actors/actresses who you think would do a good job playing the characters. And if you wanna get real into it, list who would like to see direct it. That's it. Go out and think about it!

-Robert Plant, The Lemon Song, Led Zeppelin II

Old Post Feb 9th, 2004 01:55 PM
coolboarder98 is currently offline Click here to Send coolboarder98 a Private Message Find more posts by coolboarder98 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

I don't know if it would necessarily make a good movie or not, but i wanna see a Zelda Movie, always have and until it's made...i probably always will.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2004 03:09 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

most popular games have storylines already been done in movies, so obvious choices like GTA and Metal Gear Solid wouldnt be that interesting. but saying that id love to see a Devil May Cry movie.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2004 04:35 PM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolboarder98

I agree with ya' on the DMC movie, but another good one would be Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time or even a Kingdom Hearts movie (as long as Disney didn't have a lot of say in it) wouldn't be too bad.

-Robert Plant, The Lemon Song, Led Zeppelin II

Old Post Feb 9th, 2004 05:03 PM
coolboarder98 is currently offline Click here to Send coolboarder98 a Private Message Find more posts by coolboarder98 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wicker_man
V.2

I've always thought with the right ingredients (i.e. the right cast and right director) Metal Gear Solid would make a great game > movie conversion. Heres a link to the thread that has my suggestions for a MGS cast:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...etal+Gear+Solid

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Feb 9th, 2004 06:30 PM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Metroid would be awesome if Milla Jovovich was samus, and Ridley Scott directed it. In my opinion Ridley has the best mind for fantasy and science fiction

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Feb 9th, 2004 06:35 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

I wanna see a movie of Warcraft,Doom, and Heretic/Hexen

Old Post Feb 9th, 2004 08:54 PM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

i thought that a Doom movie was on the making....i dunno for sure though

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Feb 9th, 2004 09:54 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightningrod
gay o' time

I would like to see a Final Fantasy movie that actually is to do with Final Fantasy!

Old Post Feb 9th, 2004 09:56 PM
Lightningrod is currently offline Click here to Send Lightningrod a Private Message Find more posts by Lightningrod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

advent children!!????

Old Post Feb 9th, 2004 10:13 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

personally i hated final fantasy the spirits within cuz it had nothing to do with final fantasy....also i hated resident evil...i mean...where the hell are the guns!?what the hell!?

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Feb 10th, 2004 02:20 AM
TrAnCeDuO is currently offline Click here to Send TrAnCeDuO a Private Message Find more posts by TrAnCeDuO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

lol.. spirits within was just like final fantasy, except there was no gameplay involved. Just straight cinemas.

I would also like to see a diablo movie made (as in blizzard entertainment diablo). Peter Jackson would be great director for it if it was live action, but blizzard is better than squaresoft when it comes to cg animation

Old Post Feb 10th, 2004 02:43 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

quote:
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
lol.. spirits within was just like final fantasy, except there was no gameplay involved. Just straight cinemas.

I would also like to see a diablo movie made (as in blizzard entertainment diablo). Peter Jackson would be great director for it if it was live action, but blizzard is better than squaresoft when it comes to cg animation

i dunno know about that but.... i agree they should make a diablo movie....it would probably kick lord of the rings ass!

Old Post Feb 10th, 2004 02:51 AM
TrAnCeDuO is currently offline Click here to Send TrAnCeDuO a Private Message Find more posts by TrAnCeDuO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BakaXero
Free SUGAR!

quote:
Originally posted by wicker_man
I've always thought with the right ingredients (i.e. the right cast and right director)

i reckon you also need good script writers with good storyline and great understanding of the game. many of the movies these days lack the essence of the game its based on, there is the rare exception but they a few which is not good enough. Some people here also think they should use game storylines. common! movies are suppose to be creative. we're talking about movies based on games not games based on movies
damn i complain alot
o well you cant say wat im saying isnt true

Old Post Feb 10th, 2004 11:28 AM
BakaXero is currently offline Click here to Send BakaXero a Private Message Find more posts by BakaXero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

quote:

yes

quote:

What the f**k?

... wanna take that back?,... plz.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2004 12:47 PM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

quote:
Originally posted by sith_darth_jay
... wanna take that back?,... plz.

If you've seen what blizzard can do [Warcraft III as a prime example] , then you wouldnt even bother to ask me that lol. They almost break the barrier of reality in some scenes, my favorite being the ending cinema of Warcraft III : Reign of Chaos

Dont get me wrong I know squaresoft is good, but they dont make gritty cinemas, everything is super clean and doll-like

Old Post Feb 10th, 2004 09:18 PM
shagmobile
Lord of the Boomstick

I'll agree with DMC, but i would really like to see a metroid and zelda movie and maybe a mario movie that relates to mario, more than the first movie

Old Post Feb 10th, 2004 10:48 PM
shagmobile is currently offline Click here to Send shagmobile a Private Message Find more posts by shagmobile Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Sample of blizzards cinematic expertise : http://www.blizzard.com/war3/movies/

Old Post Feb 10th, 2004 11:02 PM
cgtuna21
LOTRfreak

uhhh sry tranceduo but nothing will kick lord of the rings ass... NOTHING!!!!!!!!! Halo would be good 4 a movie.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 02:38 AM
cgtuna21 is currently offline Click here to Send cgtuna21 a Private Message Find more posts by cgtuna21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Halo would be an alright movie. Metroid, however, would be an excellent movie, if they did it right. I get a notion that if they go down into Samus's history that it may suck, like Tomb Raider did. Metroid needs not to be compared to Tomb Raider.... erm
And although an excellent book and movie trilogy, LOTR can and will be challenged in the future, it cannot hold its status for long.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 02:46 AM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote