KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Chrono cross

Chrono cross
Started by: Lionheart

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lionheart
Ex-solider

Chrono cross

This was yet another good game made by square set in a legend of zelda link to teh past type setting wth a Final Fantasy battle system and character regimen you have over 50 playable characters each with thier own moves and traits. if you ever played this or wnat to know something about it post, its a great game with plenty of cool endings.

To be reborn does not mean to also be revived..........

Old Post May 3rd, 2004 02:50 PM
Lionheart is currently offline Click here to Send Lionheart a Private Message Find more posts by Lionheart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

I don't think there are 50 playable characters...more like 20-30.

I would also consider this game more like the original Crono Trigger than mix it with the likes of Final Fantasy and any Link game.

I like the many side quests in this game and how you had to defeat the final boss by using the correct magic attack sequence. By far my favorite part is how you can't get all of the characters without going through the game 2 or 3 times.

I don't think the story is as well written as the original Crono Trigger, but I still think this was a great game, and that's why I bought it for the original Playstation.

Old Post May 3rd, 2004 04:31 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lionheart
Ex-solider

I f remeber correctly it was close to fifty and i compare it with zelda link to teh past in thet in chrono cross you travel between two worlds and final fantasy because of teh ATB. but yeah teh game did rule

Old Post May 3rd, 2004 06:18 PM
Lionheart is currently offline Click here to Send Lionheart a Private Message Find more posts by Lionheart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lionheart
Ex-solider

hey do you remeber the sequence you had to use to defeat the final boss.

Old Post May 3rd, 2004 06:20 PM
Linkalicious

hell no...not anymore. I beat that game over 3 years ago...i can't remember things i did 2 days ago.

And in that 40 year old mom's case...i'm glad I can't.

Old Post May 3rd, 2004 06:47 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lionheart
Ex-solider

i thought i beat the game but i guess i used teh wrong sequence before i used teh chrono cross element...

Old Post May 4th, 2004 02:43 PM
Battosuai_Tim

I've never beaten this game ENTIRELY, but I remember getting to the fight with Fate then quitting for some odd reason, and that was quite a long time ago, but now, I'm playing it again and I just got out of the Dead Sea. Miguel was easier than I expected because I've been battling quite a bit. So far I've been playing for 22:30 hours.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2004 07:29 PM
Battosuai_Tim is currently offline Click here to Send Battosuai_Tim a Private Message Find more posts by Battosuai_Tim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fearnix
Piggy

The game kicked ass

Hey Pig Piggy Pig Pig Pig

Old Post Aug 29th, 2004 07:36 PM
Fearnix is currently offline Click here to Send Fearnix a Private Message Find more posts by Fearnix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

if my memory serves me well this was a spit in the face to chrono trigger. it was more for the next gen of rpg players as was final fantasy 7 and up

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Aug 29th, 2004 07:37 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ssj4goku

i have played the game a while back i thought it really kicked ass i mean the game play was extrodinair. The fighting system was cool once you got used to it and well there was close to 50 charecters cause i found them all and there were also secret charecters that a stragety guide will tell you how to get i still have yet to beat it and get all the endings but it takes a while to beat. laughing out loud

MEEEE MEEEE MEEEE, and ME TOO
Agent Smith Matrix Reloaded

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 05:52 PM
ssj4goku is currently offline Click here to Send ssj4goku a Private Message Find more posts by ssj4goku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

quote:
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
if my memory serves me well this was a spit in the face to chrono trigger. it was more for the next gen of rpg players as was final fantasy 7 and up

you're right. Square-Enix hocked a loogey right in the face of Chrono, Lucca, and Frog with this game.

It was a fun game to play, and all the extra playable characters were great, but it paled in comparison to it's 16 bit predecessor.

I can't wait for Playstation 3 to come out, because I'm sick of missing out on all of Square-Enix's b!tching titles.

Chrystal Chronicles on Gamecube was fun, but it just wasn't nearly as good as the PS2 titles.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 06:40 PM
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Not at all; playing multiplayer IX was pretty cool, you have a PS1, I assume Link?

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 07:26 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

I did....when it worked.

I had it moded so I could burn all of my games. It was cool, because i know the guy at the rental store, so i could just go in, rent it, burn it, return it, and say it didn't work or it sucked...and get another one free.

Couldn't do it a 3rd time...but i did the double return ALL the time.

I gambled when I bought the Xbox. I figured that since Microsoft was making it, that they might be able to pull in most of the titles and companies that Sony had...too bad that took like 3 years to accomplish.

And they still have no Square-Enix. mad

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 07:37 PM
ssj4goku

i so far have every game that has come out for the ps2 even all of the army men games too hey some times i find it fun to blow up plastic figures might as well do it on a game since i dont have any of my own

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 07:49 PM
ssj4goku is currently offline Click here to Send ssj4goku a Private Message Find more posts by ssj4goku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

My friend had tried to spoonfeed me chrono cross as if I were going to accept it as a 'trigger' replacement... I just left whenever he put it on.

If they want to make a 'truely new' story/idea/characters whatever, they should fire all the fools involved with those departments and hire all fresh talent... its obvious they've squeezed out the last bit of thier creativity 3 years ago..

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 08:07 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ssj4goku

it was an okay game

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 08:33 PM
Linkalicious

quote:
Originally posted by ssj4goku
i so far have every game that has come out for the ps2 even all of the army men games too hey some times i find it fun to blow up plastic figures might as well do it on a game since i dont have any of my own

that's a pretty bold statement, there are probably over 600 PS2 games out on Sony right now. Hell there are probably more than 1000 titles.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2004 01:58 PM
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

quote:
Originally posted by Linkalicious
I did....when it worked.

I had it moded so I could burn all of my games. It was cool, because i know the guy at the rental store, so i could just go in, rent it, burn it, return it, and say it didn't work or it sucked...and get another one free.

Couldn't do it a 3rd time...but i did the double return ALL the time.

I gambled when I bought the Xbox. I figured that since Microsoft was making it, that they might be able to pull in most of the titles and companies that Sony had...too bad that took like 3 years to accomplish.

And they still have no Square-Enix. mad
You don't need a mod to burn and play PS1 games, believe me wink If you want to know how, PM me cause I ain't posting it.

Heh... Square Enix is staying away, and I'm glad. I never have wanted an Xbox and there isn't a single game available at the moment that I want from the system.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2004 07:14 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Yassin
Finite

Ow man 50??? i missed some rpg's (DAMMIT) Chrono Cross,Legend of Dragoon...and i can't find them in this litte country.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2004 08:49 PM
Yassin is currently offline Click here to Send Yassin a Private Message Find more posts by Yassin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpiderGurl

This is one of my favorite games on the PS1. The use of color, the battle system, and the MUSIC were the best imo. Serge's nude scene didn't hurt either lol.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2004 11:43 PM
SpiderGurl is currently offline Click here to Send SpiderGurl a Private Message Find more posts by SpiderGurl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote