KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » The Blizzard Franchise (Sequels)

The Blizzard Franchise (Sequels)
Started by: DarkC

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

The Blizzard Franchise (Sequels)

What do you all think that the next Warcraft, Diablo, and Starcraft are going to be like? I mean, look at the way it's changed drastically. For example, take a good look from Warcraft II to Warcraft II, from Diablo to Diablo II. What do you think the next one is going to be like?

Old Post Aug 27th, 2004 06:12 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

i cant stand diablo. I liked diablo 2 for the first half hour, untill i realized i was just doing the exact same thing over and over again, and would be through out the entire game. Maybe if they made the gameplay more involving, instead of pressing one button through the entire game, and have plot depth i would like it, but otherwise i think making anymore would be pointless. Warcraft III was ok, but again it just diddnt seem to have that much to the game.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2004 10:36 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Well, the next game they make will most likely be Starcraft 2, and I think that will be similar to Warcraft 3.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2004 12:11 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Im hoping starcraft 2 has higher details than the cartoony world of war3. Also less micromanagement and faster paced RTS than the original was.

there probably wont be a diablo III, because the diablo founders left (lmao). If they do decide to be brave and make Diablo III then I feel bad for them because its going to blow hard.

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Aug 28th, 2004 02:49 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

You guys played Fable? I think that diablo III will be somewhat like that.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Sep 29th, 2004 02:12 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Turbo-Cajun
Big Baby Jesus

Dammit....I was hoping they would make another Daiblo. Well, Blizzard is doing WoW now, so they do employ people who can design rpgs. Maybe they could put something together with out those other guys....hopefully

Ytaker agreed with me once on October 9th, 2004

Old Post Sep 29th, 2004 05:18 PM
Turbo-Cajun is currently offline Click here to Send Turbo-Cajun a Private Message Find more posts by Turbo-Cajun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

ew god no... diablo III will hopefully not be like fable.. Im speculating they will go for crazy realism to enhance the gothic architecture and the dismal atmosphere. I hope they bring back those tomes you read during Diablo 1.. like the sin war.. and the origin of the 3 and so on. They made the game feel very biblical.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2004 05:19 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Hopefully Starcraft. Which I feel is still the best RTS game out there.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2004 04:50 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Turbo-Cajun
Big Baby Jesus

I hated starcraft...i was more into the C&C line of games then. I loved Diablo 2 though, I had a necromancer who was a true pimp.

Ytaker agreed with me once on October 9th, 2004

Old Post Sep 30th, 2004 05:09 AM
Turbo-Cajun is currently offline Click here to Send Turbo-Cajun a Private Message Find more posts by Turbo-Cajun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
El Toro
Tszyu Crew

quote:
Originally posted by Samas-adian
Hopefully Starcraft. Which I feel is still the best RTS game out there.

amen to that. cool in korea the best starcraft players are treated like rockstars!! they get contracts and sponserhips to play SC in tournaments.

well a starcraft sequel is very unlikely in the near future until since they are devoting themselves to WoW.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2004 08:07 AM
El Toro is currently offline Click here to Send El Toro a Private Message Find more posts by El Toro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

BOO YAH! You guys seen any cool rumors on that game yet? I know for a fact that there is going to be a new protoss unit called the Vindicator. Looks like a zealot, but with a big mutha psi-lightning gun. They put it in Starcraft Ghost. There's pretty cool screens of it.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2004 02:19 PM
El Toro
Tszyu Crew

OMG!!! a zealot with range attack.....excellent big grin *mr burns style

Old Post Oct 1st, 2004 02:13 AM
El Toro is currently offline Click here to Send El Toro a Private Message Find more posts by El Toro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robo-Chocobo

i think we can all agree(majority) that starcraft is in the top 5 best RTS of all time.

i liked warcraft 3, but for different reasons. I liked single player mode, and the char hero made it more involving, and a lot of nice user made rpgs have been made with the system.

however, the hero's make the game go at such a slower pace. also, when your opponents hero has higher level, and reaches 6 or 7 and your at 5 or 4, game over you lose. I liked the fast pace of starcraft, and hope they even speed it up..now all they need to do is add formations, and defensive options, like infantry in C&C:red alert 2. fear my infantry berlin wall MWAHAHAHA

Old Post Oct 1st, 2004 04:15 AM
Robo-Chocobo is currently offline Click here to Send Robo-Chocobo a Private Message Find more posts by Robo-Chocobo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yah, Warcraft 3 was lacking I felt. I enjoyed how in Starcraft building a defense is actually worthwhile. I also enjoyed how some units had special abilities but it wasnt overly powerful. Ex. Dark Templar. It was just a perfect blend of gameplay that made Starcraft so enjoyable.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2004 04:40 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

thats not entirely true.. you can easily kill a hero with a good strategy. not to mention a few heroes are well suited for the sole purpose of having an enemy hero meet his/her demise. I do agree about starcraft being faster though.. and ugh.. yes.. formations.. need!.. *cough* *beg*

Old Post Oct 1st, 2004 05:14 AM
Spearhead
Prophet

quote:
Originally posted by dark1365
BOO YAH! You guys seen any cool rumors on that game yet? I know for a fact that there is going to be a new protoss unit called the Vindicator. Looks like a zealot, but with a big mutha psi-lightning gun. They put it in Starcraft Ghost. There's pretty cool screens of it.

i didn't think that looked all that great stick out tongue

a starcraft ghost 2 will be the best big grin

I'm a signature!

Old Post Oct 1st, 2004 10:55 AM
Spearhead is currently offline Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

I can almost guarantee that the majority of Blizzard fans will vote for Starcraft II first, before they make Starcraft Ghost II. They haven't visited the Starcraft universe for a long time now, hmm?

Old Post Oct 1st, 2004 02:15 PM