KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Rome Total War - Gold!

Rome Total War - Gold!
Started by: KidRock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KidRock

Rome Total War - Gold!

Anyone follow the total war series? I think this game is going to be AWESOME.. the demo didnt do the game justice but I know the game will be amazing.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2004 12:09 AM
KidRock is currently offline Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

this game is only going to be rivaled by Battle for Middle Earth. Everything about the game looks amazing, graphics are great, battle engine is great, too much to name.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2004 01:55 AM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

Tried the demo and it was pretty sweet, looking forward to it's release smile

Old Post Sep 16th, 2004 02:12 AM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

total war series is hot.. I love the hundreds upon hundreds of units to control and send to thier doom laughing out loud

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Sep 17th, 2004 05:58 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

There have always been niggles in the campaign sections that have annoyed me in Total War; the Byzantine tech tree was broken in Medieval and never fixed, and the geme in both previous incarnations became extremely repetitive as time went by as only ludicrously inlaated rebellion problems could stop you, which felt very forced; only the first half of any campaign was much fun. In fact, the whole idea of making the objective (effectively) global domination was a poor one for a game that modelled itself on accuracy- and the Glorious Achievements section didn't work at all, it being much easier just to conquer everywhere. And, of course, the AI has never been up to scratch except via cheating.

That said, worthwhile games the both, and the totally revamped Campaign section in RTW interests me. But still no campaign multiplayer? Booo! And still no computer players in multi-play skirmish mode, I suspect- things I had badly wanted in the previous games.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 17th, 2004 06:04 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

hey i already made a thread about this a bit ago stick out tongue oh well laughing out loud

Its gonna rock extrodinarily hard..... 3-dimensional units eek! not just cardboard cutouts stuck to the battlfield like the others... stick out tongue

evil face i won on expert with the Danish .... cool and on shogun all of the clans cool

rebbelions get annoying but if you manage..... i mean micromanage you can smash them easy cool plus the stupid heirs returning is a good way to geta lot of money when your in the red big grin

Old Post Sep 18th, 2004 05:30 AM
RaventheOnly is currently offline Click here to Send RaventheOnly a Private Message Find more posts by RaventheOnly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

But it is intensly BORING, because that is all you get, turn ifter turn, in the last half of the game. And any muppet can win on expert in any position- like I said, the AI is very poor.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 19th, 2004 09:55 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chrysanthos7

If I install the Rome Total War - Gold , can I install after that Rome Total Realism 6 ?

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2006 08:27 AM
chrysanthos7 is currently offline Click here to Send chrysanthos7 a Private Message Find more posts by chrysanthos7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthBanevv
Sith Lord

You're pulling up a two year old thread?

I'm back!

Old Post Apr 11th, 2006 06:24 PM
DarthBanevv is currently offline Click here to Send DarthBanevv a Private Message Find more posts by DarthBanevv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote