KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Best Mario Game

Favorite Mario Game
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Super Mario Bros. 3 13.64%
Super Mario Bros. 2 0 0%
Super Mario Bros. 3 3 13.64%
Super Mario World 5 22.73%
Super Mario RPG 3 13.64%
Super Mario 64 4 18.18%
Paper Mario 1 4.55%
Super Mario Sunshine 0 0%
Paper Mario: Thre Thousand-Year Door 2 9.09%
Other (Yoshi's Island, Super Mario Land, Superstar Saga, etc.) 1 4.55%
Total: 22 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Best Mario Game
Started by: Morgoths_Wrath

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Morgoths_Wrath

Best Mario Game

What is your favorite Mario game?

Old Post Oct 24th, 2004 09:06 PM
Morgoths_Wrath is currently offline Click here to Send Morgoths_Wrath a Private Message Find more posts by Morgoths_Wrath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

64 without a doubt in my mind whatsoever.. I never played anything like it in my life... and probably will never get that feeling again.

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Oct 24th, 2004 09:34 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

Super Mario World...though I still remember the first time I played Super Mario 64; my parents had gotten me N64 as a surprise gift for my birthday the third or so day that came out, and [for that time], the game play was amazing. I wish I could experience that feeling again, because that was just awesome sad

I'm a signature!

Old Post Oct 24th, 2004 10:06 PM
Spearhead is currently offline Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Played em all - but Mario 64 takes it all the way.

Every single moment of that game was like the best dream ever.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2004 10:42 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
unknownrocker
???

played em all beat most of em but its way too hard to even compare

Old Post Oct 25th, 2004 01:19 AM
unknownrocker is currently offline Click here to Send unknownrocker a Private Message Find more posts by unknownrocker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Ahhh.....I remember the Tick Tock Clock...trying to get to the very top. That was my favourite level. The defining moment is when you're on the hand and look down.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Oct 25th, 2004 02:47 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix Aska
<Insert title here>

I think that the best mario game is super smash bros...

cuz you can kick mario's ass and show that Link is better...

Old Post Oct 25th, 2004 03:41 PM
Phoenix Aska is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix Aska a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Aska Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

That's not a "Mario" game though.

That means you've gotta count Mario Golf, Mario Tennis, Dr.Mario, Mario And The Ewoks, and so on.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2004 05:06 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix Aska
<Insert title here>

It doesn't matter...it has mario in it....

In the 64 version you could show mario that Luigi owns Mario...but in the melee version Luigi sucks...

All right..the best Mario game then would be the super mario RPG

Old Post Oct 25th, 2004 05:17 PM
Phoenix Aska is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix Aska a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Aska Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

its still not a mario game... they're talking about mario strictly being the main character (usually a 1 player sidescroller or platforming mario game).

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Oct 25th, 2004 05:49 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

Super Mario Bros 3... the advanced upgrade system through suits was fantastic.. and the levels. Set a whole new standard.

1. Super Mario Bros 3
2.Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
3. Super Mario 64
4.Super Mario World
5. Super Mario Bros
6. Super Mario Sunshine

Old Post Oct 26th, 2004 10:18 AM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

I only got the gameboy Advance versions, as I never had a NES/SNES when I was younger

Old Post Oct 26th, 2004 10:24 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

quote:
Originally posted by Phoenix Aska
I think that the best mario game is super smash bros...

cuz you can kick mario's ass and show that Link is better...

Dream on, man. And anyways, it doesn't matter if it has Mario in it, 'cos it ain't on the damned list, and it's not an official Mario game! We're Mario fans, and then, suddenly you come bustin' out here, saying: "Mario sucks, Link is better!" What do you think the people's reaction to that is? You think we're just gonna welcome you with open arms?

Old Post Oct 26th, 2004 02:13 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morgoths_Wrath

My favorite Mario games are as follows...

1) Super Mario RPG
2) Super Mario Bros. 3
3) Super Mario 64
4) Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
5) Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

I liked Mario RPG the best because it takes characters from the Mario universe and makes them feel more real. You're not just out bashing in goombas and throwing fireballs at koopa troopas (although I must admit that's always fun). I thought the storyline was awesome and the graphics were superb, considering the game is for the Super Nintendo. Super Mario Bros. 3 was the first Mario game I ever played, and I loved every second of it. It brought about my love for the lil plumber. Super Mario 64 is legendary in itself, the graphics were incredible, and just the feel of the game was unforgettable (it seems to have that effect on people). Yoshi's Island is one of the most original Mario games out there, the gameplay and story were like nothing we've seen in a Mario game up to that point when it first hit the shelves. Very cool, had a lot of fun playing it. The Thousand-Year Door is last on the list only because it’s just so new, but it's becoming one of my favorite Mario games. It has sort-of the same feel as Mario RPG, as far as the characters seeming real and whatnot, but there’s also a lot of humor, the dialogue is one of the best parts of this game. I don't want to say much more, but if you like Mario games, def. give this one a try. If you like Mario AND RPGs, I would assume you already have. I've played all the Mario games and they're all great. Best video games of all time, Mario started it all.

Last edited by Morgoths_Wrath on Oct 26th, 2004 at 03:57 PM

Old Post Oct 26th, 2004 03:55 PM
Morgoths_Wrath is currently offline Click here to Send Morgoths_Wrath a Private Message Find more posts by Morgoths_Wrath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
futuramafan434
Robot Pimp

I think Mario and Luigi superstar saga is the best one.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2004 12:28 AM
futuramafan434 is currently offline Click here to Send futuramafan434 a Private Message Find more posts by futuramafan434 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zinh

What about Mario Brothers or the Donkey Kongs. They were the marios of the early 80's smile

My self, I loved Super Mario World. Its the only game that I completed everything on it and can still play again for fun.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2004 09:11 AM
zinh is currently offline Click here to Send zinh a Private Message Find more posts by zinh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

True, but 64 takes the cake! Even it was meant for lil' kids, I enjoyed it. That's the true knowledge if something is good or not. You rate it by it's audience. Take Halo, for example: It's meant for 16-18 yr olds, but lil' kids play it, it's so good.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2004 06:16 PM
Morgoths_Wrath

*BUMP*

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 06:36 PM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Wait a minute, I can't remember typing with an accent!

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 08:45 PM
RedAlertv2

My favorite is Super Mario World. I love that game. Then probably Mario 64.

How Could Hell Be Any Worse?

Old Post Oct 11th, 2005 01:53 AM
RedAlertv2 is currently offline Click here to Send RedAlertv2 a Private Message Find more posts by RedAlertv2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote