KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Lord of the Rings: The Third Age

Lord of the Rings: The Third Age
Started by: Morgoths_Wrath

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Morgoths_Wrath

Lord of the Rings: The Third Age

Is anyone else as excited for this game as I am? I just saw a commercial today for it and it looks sweet. It's supposibly the best RPG since Final Fantasy X! I can't friggen wait!

Old Post Nov 4th, 2004 04:24 PM
Morgoths_Wrath is currently offline Click here to Send Morgoths_Wrath a Private Message Find more posts by Morgoths_Wrath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

what to do....what to do.

I got Fable and beat it 3 times.
Got THUG2 and beat it on Sick (or whatever the hardest one is)
Got X-men Legends and beat it thoroughly.

I'm going to be getting Halo2, Half Life 2, Fifa 2005, and Final Fantasy XI all in November....but should I get this game?

That's a lot of Video game purchases for a 4 week period of time...

Old Post Nov 4th, 2004 04:29 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morgoths_Wrath

haha, I hear you loud and clear. I'm playing Fable now, and I've got Halo 2, Metroid Prime 2, and Knights of the Old Republic II on the way, plus The Third Age! It's overwhealming. They need to space these games out!

Old Post Nov 4th, 2004 04:32 PM
Morgoths_Wrath is currently offline Click here to Send Morgoths_Wrath a Private Message Find more posts by Morgoths_Wrath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

When does Prime 2 and KOTOR2 come out?

I'll be getting both of those as well.

Jesus! Video game playing just turned into a full time addiction!

Old Post Nov 4th, 2004 07:11 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

pff.. welcome to my world.. lol.. I cant go for 2 minutes each day without thinking of a video game character

Prime 2 is this month.. I think Kotor2 might be for december..

But yes... Third age has peaked my interest.. Im just waiting to catch others opinions on it..

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Nov 4th, 2004 07:20 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shangheid
Bored

i got third age yesterday its really good

Old Post Nov 4th, 2004 08:18 PM
shangheid is currently offline Click here to Send shangheid a Private Message Find more posts by shangheid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

i have the other 3 LOTR games....they get progressively better. The fellowship was just sh!tty.

Shang....is it actually worth getting or is it a week long renter?

Old Post Nov 4th, 2004 08:34 PM
shangheid
Bored

i'd says its worth getten taken it's pretty long im only 5% in

Old Post Nov 4th, 2004 08:57 PM
shangheid is currently offline Click here to Send shangheid a Private Message Find more posts by shangheid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

It sucks. But I hate RPG's so....

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Nov 5th, 2004 06:26 AM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shangheid
Bored

well if you enjoy RPG's then you will like Lotr:Tta

Old Post Nov 5th, 2004 02:25 PM
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

The Battle for Middle Earth will be 110 percent better than the Third Age..

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Nov 5th, 2004 02:34 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morgoths_Wrath

what's the Battle of Middle Earth?

Old Post Nov 5th, 2004 05:21 PM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I believe Battle for Middle Earth is a real time strategy (like warcraft , starcraft , age of empires 2 , command and conquer : generals) Except they took out the manufacturing units and gather resources part.. its pure battles hehe

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Nov 5th, 2004 10:16 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

It's on my list to play this year! Looks like a fun RPG. thumb up

Old Post Nov 5th, 2004 11:59 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

Actually the reviews i read said it wasn't the greatest, they said the graphics were awesome but the story line is rather unusual they said you never enter a town or ever buy new equipment no expression

I Love LOTR but i fear this one isn't going to grab me sad I never bought any other LOTR games other then the war of the ring.... erm and that wasn't the greatest. sad but I did rent all of the console plateform ones and loved them but beat them too quick to buy.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 03:30 AM
RaventheOnly is currently offline Click here to Send RaventheOnly a Private Message Find more posts by RaventheOnly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shaolin Monk
Tech Junkie

I hope its good, it looks/sounds good

<`Syntax> iListen to pink floyd: wall.modify(numBricks++);

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 03:34 AM
Shaolin Monk is currently offline Click here to Send Shaolin Monk a Private Message Find more posts by Shaolin Monk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shangheid
Bored

it is good but raven had a point so far you dont go in to towns but in the movies or book did they go buy equipment i dont think so but you do find armor and weapons along the way and you get to journey through moria and fight the belrog

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 05:05 PM
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

this game looks too sweet, when will it be releast for pc???

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 07:36 PM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morgoths_Wrath

OK, I got The Third Age...and I don't know what to make of it. I mean, it's a pretty solid RPG with a good battle system and awesome graphics...but the story sucks. I don't even think there IS a real story. And the battles get really repetitive. There's really not alot of different enemies either, so I end up fighting the same ones over and over!! Take it from me, rent this game. Don't buy it. I have a hard time believing that even the most die-hard Lord of the Rings fan wont find his or her self getting bored at some point.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 11:37 PM
Linkalicious

I rented it on Friday and right now I'm 92% through the game. It's fun, but like you said....repetitive.

It's like the same bad guys, only they get stronger with more HP and attack power.

I just beat the Witch King on the Plen-whatever Fields. I think I only have one more objective to meet in order to get that final 8 %. Definitly a good game, but seemingly not a lot of replay value to the game.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2004 11:08 PM