KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » PlayStation 'wins next gen wars'

PlayStation 'wins next gen wars'
Started by: ash007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ash007
Strength and Honour

Worried PlayStation 'wins next gen wars'

oh well apprently Playstation2 has won the console war followed by microsoft smile

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/3544039.stm

With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.These words were uttered by Judge Aaron Satie -- as awisdom, and warning. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged.

"One ought never to turn one's back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half.-----Sir Winston Churchill

Old Post Mar 9th, 2004 05:47 PM
ash007 is currently offline Click here to Send ash007 a Private Message Find more posts by ash007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

GO PS 2 thumb up

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2004 06:19 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

big grinthumb upbig grin
Gamecube should be second... Microsoft doesn't deserve it.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2004 06:37 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Viper
The Mack Daddy of Funk

Quality games and a loyal following will beat hype anyday.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2004 06:41 PM
Viper is currently offline Click here to Send Viper a Private Message Find more posts by Viper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

Xbox is now coming out with some pretty quality games. No chance in hell Gamecube is going to touch it. And PS2 better watch out too, it may have a whole year headstart and an entire continent (asia) backing it. But Xbox will prove that it is actually the better system.....just watch.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2004 07:04 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

eek! YAY

kewl

let's see what happens with the next "next gen consoles"

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Mar 9th, 2004 10:05 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Yay

Old Post Mar 9th, 2004 10:13 PM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

big grin

Old Post Mar 9th, 2004 11:18 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

PS2
XBoX
Gamecube love

Old Post Mar 9th, 2004 11:23 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcellus
executioner

PS2 owns thats why i got one and didnt listen to all the mumbo jumbo that came afterwards

Old Post Mar 9th, 2004 11:43 PM
Marcellus is currently offline Click here to Send Marcellus a Private Message Find more posts by Marcellus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

whether a gaming system attains a supposed sales number doesnt mean its the best. It just means :

A.) they have a good marketing

B.) they sold about 30,000 truckloads of shitty games instead of some 'A' quality games

C.) Fanboys bought both the JP and american version of said system and possibly all the garbage imports that never made it to the UK or the states just to "be the ultimate fan" or support thier system

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Mar 10th, 2004 02:23 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

Wooooo I was right all along. My friends said Gamecube was the best (Yeah right, and I'm not asking for a big discussion on that) and I said PS2 would win the war if it hadn't already followed by X-box and I was right

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Mar 10th, 2004 07:13 AM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

p-s-2 RULEZ.

x-box: MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Old Post Mar 10th, 2004 04:45 PM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Of course PS2 will outsell the Xbox. As long as that Final Fantasy stays with Sony they will always have a huge market.

PS2 = Final Fantasy fans.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2004 05:33 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

^ yup

Old Post Mar 10th, 2004 05:52 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

quote:
Originally posted by WindDancer
Of course PS2 will outsell the Xbox. As long as that Final Fantasy stays with Sony they will always have a huge market.

PS2 = Final Fantasy fans.

FF love

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2004 06:19 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I've always wonder what would happen if FF goes to the Xbox? Just look at GTA! Could the same happen to FF?

Old Post Mar 10th, 2004 06:52 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

It could happen...it just depends on how appealing the market is for Xbox. EA Sports doesn't make their xbox titles online compatible because EA doesn't feel that the market for xbox is worth their time...
I imagine the same goes with FF...

I hope the new GTA comes out on both systems at the same time and not a year later like the other 2.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2004 07:05 PM
[D_A]Kherr

JKozzy is right, Microsoft (emphasis on SOFT) shouldn't even be able to touch Nintendo, Gamecube has an AWSOME selection of games that MicroSOFT can't even touch. The Xbox doesn't even deserve second. (I have to say, though, Unreal Champioonship is AWSOME, I'll give the Xbox that.) GTA SUCKED ON XBOX! The graphics were nothing to PS2's graphics of those games! I've played both, the cars aren't unnaturally glossy in PS2, but the Xbox, man that sucks horribly....

Last edited by [D_A]Kherr on Mar 10th, 2004 at 07:10 PM

Old Post Mar 10th, 2004 07:06 PM
[D_A]Kherr is currently offline Click here to Send [D_A]Kherr a Private Message Find more posts by [D_A]Kherr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

quote:
Originally posted by Linkalicious
It could happen...it just depends on how appealing the market is for Xbox. EA Sports doesn't make their xbox titles online compatible because EA doesn't feel that the market for xbox is worth their time...
I imagine the same goes with FF...

I hope the new GTA comes out on both systems at the same time and not a year later like the other 2.

Me too! Is ashame that GTA: San Andreas is for PS2 only. I think maybe a year later it will be released for Xbox. So far Xbox is having success with NG. I think the battle will come down on RPG games. If Fable doesn't become a disappointment I'll say Xbox has some good stuff coming up.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2004 07:14 PM