KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Prince of Persia: Warrior Within

Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
Started by: Havoc470

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Havoc470
Smo

Prince of Persia: Warrior Within

what do you people think of this game?

i think it has some great new qualities, but they didnt improve on some of the problems with the first one, i get frustrated while fighting enemies because the prince goes too over the top, he ends up bouncing off of walls and throwing himself off the stage, the huge enemies are cool to fight, but i think its pretty stupid that when you get up to their head you start off by hitting his helmet over and over till he's close to dying then you stab him in the neck......its pretty repetitive once you fight the second huge enemy

the game has some minor bugs, for example, i finally killed a huge boss but i made one little mistake of standing to close to a ledge and prince automatically jumped over and died, i had no more sand, then i retry and the game gave me a break, it left me off right after i killed the huge monster......then i died AGAIN, seeing as for some ungodly reason the slow-motion stopped, retry a second time, no breaks this time, the huge monster was there along with 2 little ones.....i got frustrated and just quit the game for now, i guess i'll have to play it on less difficulty

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 12:52 PM
Havoc470 is currently offline Click here to Send Havoc470 a Private Message Find more posts by Havoc470 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dgeniu

You want some frustrating moments?? Here, then:

Catacombs Dahaka Chase- I finally managed to get passed one water curtain but I accidentally fel...retry...get chased all over again... no

getting killed by spikebeasts and scavangers... miffed

the final fight with the Empress when she 'realises' she has time powers...why??? mad

or, better yet, getting to the final level and tehn realising you missed one --just one single life upgrade(library to be exact) and having to restart from a way earlier moment...

Path of the Sandwraith-Cliff--this was the most frustrating thing in the whole game!!! You fight imperial guards and assassins and spikebeasts, then everything you jump on crumbles and finally there`s this other assassin-like chick who gets you....and you restart all over again!

But this doesn`t mean this game wasn`t awesome, no, no, no I had loads of fun plying it--especially the Dahaka chases and getting past the traps and all those bosses. Yeah, it ruls!

I`ve managed to get to the Warrior Within level, but haven`t managed to defeat the Empress. In the other profile I`m pretty close to getting all life upgrades and fighting the guardian of the timeline! cool

Old Post Mar 10th, 2005 03:20 PM
dgeniu is currently offline Click here to Send dgeniu a Private Message Find more posts by dgeniu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChickinMeat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dgeniu

Path of the Sandwraith-Cliff--this was the most frustrating thing in the whole game!!! You fight imperial guards and assassins and spikebeasts, then everything you jump on crumbles and finally there`s this other assassin-like chick who gets you....and you restart all over again!

But this doesn`t mean this game wasn`t awesome, no, no, no I had loads of fun plying it--especially the Dahaka chases and getting past the traps and all those bosses. Yeah, it ruls!

man, that bit was soooo annoying! then you had to quickly smash the wall down and try get the chest before the entire rock falls down, like maaaan.

But i really really enjoyed this title, i enjoyed it just as much as sands of time.

and thats one thing i was thinking, everyone seems to dislike WW because of the fighting, but unlike SoT you can avoid the fighting in this game, you HAD to fight in SoT, i i thought the enemies were harder.

http://www.myspace.com/chickinmeat

Old Post Mar 10th, 2005 10:06 PM
ChickinMeat is currently offline Click here to Send ChickinMeat a Private Message Find more posts by ChickinMeat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dgeniu

Yeah, it`s a very good thing you can evoid some combats...There were some levels when my life was this little blue twinkling dot and there where scavangers or other minions all around and I said 'To heck with them!' and blocked their attacks and thus went safely to the next save-game fountain. stick out tongue

Initially the producers wanted to make the traps lethal eek! But then a miracle happened and they changed their mind happy

Old Post Mar 19th, 2005 09:23 AM
dgeniu is currently offline Click here to Send dgeniu a Private Message Find more posts by dgeniu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dgeniu

PS--I BEAT UP THE DAHAKA-- THE SECOND TIME! big grin Now all I have to do is beat that Empress chick! Hey, how come he ends up with her? What about Farah? She seems smarter than Kaileena, who frankly, besides her... err... body features... doesn`t have much to impress you with.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2005 09:29 AM
ChickinMeat

she has the voice of monica beluchi (spelling?), thats what makes her powerful!

http://www.myspace.com/chickinmeat

Old Post Mar 19th, 2005 09:50 AM
ChickinMeat is currently offline Click here to Send ChickinMeat a Private Message Find more posts by ChickinMeat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

It really hurts when a sequal to a great game sucks this much.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2005 10:00 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dgeniu

Yeah, too much gore and blood and I don`t see how shortening the female characters` clothes makes it look more mature,when maturity is supposed to be about responsibility, inner strengh and bassically the development of the mind, but oh, well...

Still, the game was fun to play and Prince is sooo cool!(in his own dark way) That 'saved' it for me!

Old Post Mar 19th, 2005 11:56 AM