KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » No More ESPN Football...

No More ESPN Football...
Started by: Cinemaddiction

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Worried No More ESPN Football...

Apparently, EA Sports has bought the rights to be the exclusive distributor/creator of NFL video games, so, no more ESPN NFL games.

EA Buys NFL Rights

Old Post Dec 17th, 2004 08:50 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightningrod
gay o' time

um is that a good thing or bad thing

I personally think EA makes great sports titles...Example the MADDEN games...

Maybe EA can do something better with this ESPN thing

Old Post Dec 17th, 2004 10:53 PM
Lightningrod is currently offline Click here to Send Lightningrod a Private Message Find more posts by Lightningrod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

I SAY ALL FOOTBALL GAMES SUCK

just MHO

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Dec 17th, 2004 11:34 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

this is horrible for the customers now that EA had to buy out everything now that ESPN was giving Madden some competition. Now they can just keep leaving Madden the same every year like they always do, just with roster updates, and not have to worry about the consequences because there are no other football games. EA has really turned into a cancer for gaming.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2004 11:37 PM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shaolin Monk
Tech Junkie

Madden only makes minor changes each year, excluding the rosters...such as the hit stick...which is why i only have Madden 02 and Madden 05...there was no reason to get 03 and 04

I'd have to say I like EA Games better than ESPN games...but I don't like what they are doing with this. EA should take a leaf outta ESPN's book, and drop the price.

<`Syntax> iListen to pink floyd: wall.modify(numBricks++);

Old Post Dec 18th, 2004 12:28 AM
Shaolin Monk is currently offline Click here to Send Shaolin Monk a Private Message Find more posts by Shaolin Monk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robo-Chocobo

I feel this is jut wrong. Espn was a over all better game than madden was. It was cheaper, had all sorts of cool options and fantastic gameplay.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2004 12:44 AM
Robo-Chocobo is currently offline Click here to Send Robo-Chocobo a Private Message Find more posts by Robo-Chocobo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Old Post Dec 18th, 2004 04:26 AM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ZomBiE_HunTER
To Serve

quote:
Originally posted by cal31
this is horrible for the customers now that EA had to buy out everything now that ESPN was giving Madden some competition. Now they can just keep leaving Madden the same every year like they always do, just with roster updates, and not have to worry about the consequences because there are no other football games. EA has really turned into a cancer for gaming.
Agree ^^^^^^^^^^^

Old Post Dec 18th, 2004 10:27 PM
ZomBiE_HunTER is currently offline Click here to Send ZomBiE_HunTER a Private Message Find more posts by ZomBiE_HunTER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

That's strange...

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 12:53 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

well, i've always liked Madden

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 02:47 AM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Yeah this totally sucks, and shows no class on EA's behalf. They did this for one reason only, and that is because ESPN was becoming the better game. While I do love both Madden and ESPN, I'm thoroughly pissed because now EA has no worries of competition. That means they can produce what ever the hell they want without having to worry about getting beat.

I like George.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 03:08 AM
Sith Master X is currently offline Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 05:15 AM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

I'm pretty hooked on ESPN NBA 2K5 right now, and believe they really did have a superior product. I've got my complaints, though. Especially for 24/7 mode not being position specific in its training.

That is unless they deem it necessary for created players like "Toby Stevens", a 7'0, 240 lb center, to be able to shoot 3 pointers, and beat Oscar Robinson to win stat points. thumb down

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 05:45 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

football games are terribal

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 06:43 AM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

The ESPN series sucked. You know a series blows when you put it OUT on RELEASE DAY for $19.99! Madden is the best for football games, and Blitz is the best for ridiculous tackles.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 01:07 PM
JToTheP is currently offline Click here to Send JToTheP a Private Message Find more posts by JToTheP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

ESPN can still produce a football game. It just cannot have NFL in it. But they can still have football. If people love the game sooo much, you shouldnt care if you run with Number 22 instead of Emmitt Smith.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2004 12:25 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ZomBiE_HunTER
To Serve

But its suppose to be a football simulation.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2004 12:50 AM
ZomBiE_HunTER is currently offline Click here to Send ZomBiE_HunTER a Private Message Find more posts by ZomBiE_HunTER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

quote:
Originally posted by JToTheP
The ESPN series sucked. You know a series blows when you put it OUT on RELEASE DAY for $19.99! Madden is the best for football games, and Blitz is the best for ridiculous tackles.

wow, way to judge a game based on its price buddy.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2004 05:06 AM
wuTa

yea....a good game for a low competitve price that would only make madden games better.....dame you NFL2k series....DAMN YOU TO HELL!!!

Old Post Dec 20th, 2004 05:42 AM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
Originally posted by JToTheP

$19.99 is a price point for people who don't want to or can't afford to shell out $55 every year for virtually the same game. It was a profitable strategy, and a shame EA are playing football Nazi's.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2004 08:08 AM