KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » what was the best console (at the time of it's release)

biggest step foward was:
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
atari / spectrum 0 0%
gameboy / game gear 0 0%
master system / NES 0 0%
mega drive (genesis) / SNES 0 0%
N-64 / ps1 4 66.67%
dreamcast / ps2 1 16.67%
xbox 1 16.67%
DS / PSP 0 0%
xbox2 /ps3 0 0%
GBA 0 0%
Total: 6 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

what was the best console (at the time of it's release)
Started by: eleveninches

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
eleveninches
God of my own world

what was the best console (at the time of it's release)

Which games console was (at the time of it's release) the most improved on the previous consoles?

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 11:16 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

GEE I WONDER WHAT YOU LEFT OUT! Hmm....
how 'bout GAMECUBE? Hmm?

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 03:44 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Chance SL
Chance(TM)

Dreamcast.

I noticed that. Don't really care, don't like GameCubes. erm

Touché.no expression, Rose of Isis, Walsh, Piggles shifty, MG , Scribble , Ms Chelle, Quincy, Clovie, Syren, Lea.no expression, Emma Representing™ on Steam | My Steam Profile; Chance™

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 03:47 PM
Chance SL is currently offline Click here to Send Chance SL a Private Message Find more posts by Chance SL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fierypaws
Master Guard

He put a dreamcast option in there......

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 03:51 PM
fierypaws is currently offline Click here to Send fierypaws a Private Message Find more posts by fierypaws Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Chance SL
Chance(TM)

Dreamcast was awesome! stick out tongue

Touché.no expression, Rose of Isis, Walsh, Piggles shifty, MG , Scribble , Ms Chelle, Quincy, Clovie, Syren, Lea.no expression, Emma Representing™ on Steam | My Steam Profile; Chance™

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 03:52 PM
Chance SL is currently offline Click here to Send Chance SL a Private Message Find more posts by Chance SL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

It got boring after a few months.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 04:17 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Dreamcast was over-rated.

It's the console that every wannabe "hardcore gamer" thinks was the best console of all time. Bullshit.

It was no more revolutionary than the likes of the N64. Sure it had better graphics but I'd say the N64 easily outclassed it.

In fact, I'll go for the N64. It was the first machine that shown how 3D gaming was done properly. Dreamcast simply improved upon it.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 05:19 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fierypaws
Master Guard

Xbox is bassicly a new type of conputer when you think about it. Dreamcast at it's time of realese was good, but like everything it got old, and fast. Unless someone takes the time, like 4 years, to make a console the very new consoles, PS2, Xbox, and Gamecube will always be at the top.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 07:01 PM
fierypaws is currently offline Click here to Send fierypaws a Private Message Find more posts by fierypaws Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

quote:
Originally posted by fierypaws
Xbox is bassicly a new type of conputer when you think about it.

You know, you can hear this type of arguement a few times before it gets annoying.

It's only because the XBox has a hard drive that makes people foolishly think it is like a computer. Bullshit.

By that logic, The Playstation 2 is also a "new type of computer" too. I mean, they released a hard drive, a keyboard, a network adapter. Put all those things together, and the PS2 will look JUST like a PC right? It's only because the XBox has a lot of these features already built-in (and without the cost) that makes fools think it is more of a PC than any other console.

There is no difference between the PS2 + PS2 Hard Drive + Network Adaptor and the XBox, apart from the fact the XBox is technically superioir and comes bundled with all of that stuff already. Case closed.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 07:39 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

you got served sucka!

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 07:42 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

I'd go for the PS1

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 07:49 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Chance SL
Chance(TM)

quote:
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Dreamcast was over-rated.

It's the console that every wannabe "hardcore gamer" thinks was the best console of all time. Bullshit.

It was no more revolutionary than the likes of the N64. Sure it had better graphics but I'd say the N64 easily outclassed it.

In fact, I'll go for the N64. It was the first machine that shown how 3D gaming was done properly. Dreamcast simply improved upon it.

True, it was overrated, but still a good machine, but when it first came it, it did have alot of potential and if Sega learnt their lesson from the Saturn they might have got alot out of it.

But I also have to agree with you on the N64 (about it being revolutionary) I mean, just look at Mario 64, that game just blew me away when I first saw it.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 09:57 PM
fierypaws
Master Guard

Actually I say that Xbox is like a computer becauase it stores all the games and stuff like that on it memory. It has a fixed amount of memory just like a computer.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 10:51 PM
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

I voted N64/PS1. 3D graphics finally became a common sight in gaming, and 32/64 bit consules were emerging. The PS1 featured CD-based games, not the first by any means, but definately the most successful. N64 had some of the most solid titles, and best multiplayer games to date, and Gamecube and PS2 definately grew off of these consules.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 11:21 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

The GameCube, I dunno why...
Why didn't you put GCN on man?

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 11:29 PM
eleveninches
God of my own world

My choices:
1. N-64/PS1 (3d gaming in most games)
2. X-Box (different type of computer, online gaming etc...)

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 10:16 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Surgent
KMC's #1 Fake Mod

Wonderswan!

happy

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 10:29 AM
Darth Surgent is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Surgent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Surgent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote