KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Neverwinter Nights

Neverwinter Nights
Started by: FeceMan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Neverwinter Nights

Hi all, writing you from Arizona right now--the hotel happened to have a computer available for public use.

Anyway, I was flipping through a guide for NVN and was completely baffled. I understand the basics of D&D--i.e., race, class, DC, rolling--but was lost on the other stuff. Is there a comprehensive guide to D&D rules that anyone could point me to? I have a ton of questions that "need" answering, some of them being the following:

1. Why do Sorcerors have Charisma-based casting?
2. I understand that Sorcerors have a limited number of 'perma-learned' spells...explain?
3. Why is the casting of spells limited per day?
4. Any other crap you feel like explaining...explain away!

See you all in a few days; I'll be checking back tomorrow.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 03:10 AM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vaya_the_elf
You know you love elves

Well They try to go by Dnd as much as they can.

Neverwinter nights is one of my favorite games. It's very good rpg.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2005 07:48 PM
vaya_the_elf is currently offline Click here to Send vaya_the_elf a Private Message Find more posts by vaya_the_elf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I dont personally know offhand much neverwinter knights stuff.. but its definately a great role playing experience.. most of that 'rolling' happens behind the scenes.. check here for more in-depth answers http://nwn.bioware.com/forums/ .. unless someone who's hardcore into NwN happens to be here o_O

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Apr 9th, 2005 10:19 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

The reason everything is once a day casts is because the wizard sits down and must concentrate in rest to memorize all the spells and constatnly recite them in his head big grin but the sorcerer draws thier magic directly from within and thier understanding of themselves unlocks more power so charisma (in some sense confidence) is the driving force of a sorcerer. Sorcerers unlike wizard do not recite enchantations they just do it and that is why they are able to cast X number of spells Y number of times from Z level of spells big grin

Old Post Apr 10th, 2005 12:19 AM
RaventheOnly is currently offline Click here to Send RaventheOnly a Private Message Find more posts by RaventheOnly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

^ Wow, that was undeniably (and surprisingly) helpful AND insightful. Thanks smile.

Sorcerors > Wizards, though, simply because 'sorceror' has a more visceral feel to it, hehe.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2005 02:57 AM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FeceMan
^ Wow, that was undeniably (and surprisingly) helpful AND insightful. Thanks smile.

Sorcerors > Wizards, though, simply because 'sorceror' has a more visceral feel to it, hehe.

Wizards are actually in the end powerfuller because they can learn more highend spells big grin sorcerers are good in Neverwinter if you wish to become a Red Dragon deciple (only sorcerers) Prestige class.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2005 03:06 AM
RaventheOnly is currently offline Click here to Send RaventheOnly a Private Message Find more posts by RaventheOnly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

yeah wiz's are cool.. just gotta makesure to keep checking your spellbook.. dont wanna walk into battle with a useless spell wink

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Apr 10th, 2005 03:11 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RaventheOnly
Wizards are actually in the end powerfuller because they can learn more highend spells big grin sorcerers are good in Neverwinter if you wish to become a Red Dragon deciple (only sorcerers) Prestige class.

I just liked the name better, lol. Red Dragon Disciples are pretty cool (at least they look that way).

Old Post Apr 10th, 2005 09:58 PM