KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » BattleField 2

BattleField 2
Started by: taft

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
taft
that guy

BattleField 2

the game is kew... i have the demo right now.. and blah

Attachment: bf2.jpg
This has been downloaded 98 time(s).

Sig by Barker. He takes requests!!!! PM HIM Tell him I sent you.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 09:46 AM
taft is currently offline Click here to Send taft a Private Message Find more posts by taft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Disregard whatever he/she is saying.

The game is really fun. Its not entirely new, it still feels like the old Battlefield, but the gameplay has been perfected, modern weaponary, really improved infantry combat (its the best part of the game) and improved teamplay mechanics (commanders, squad leaders and vastly improved voicechat and instand commo ) makes this an unbelievable MP game. You attack positions cohiesivly while the commader is throwing down artillary at the same time, heli's drop off soldiers that resembles a scene from Black Hawk Down. Each class is pretty solid (my personal fav is special ops, im a sniper with that M4 rifle)
All in all, really good game, especially for the MP. No MP game comes close to this.
The only problems is that its a system hog, Internet assholes and a few minut gameplay issues. It also keeps stats on offical ranked servers.

I was thinking that we start a minut little KMC clan (like we always try to do). Its the type of game that clan play would improve the actual game. If anybody else plays, Smasandian is my name.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 06:20 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

I think I'll get the game sometime during September, how good is it compared to the other Battlefield games?

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Aug 28th, 2005 06:17 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Its much better than any of them.

They finally got the whole team game down pat. I would definitly recommend it.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2005 06:26 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Great to hear, looking even more forth to get it. Anything changed in pure gameplay? It's still the same ways to fly planes and helicopters etc?

Old Post Aug 28th, 2005 06:32 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zen2nd
Veridis Quo

Yeah I have the game too. It is one hell of a game!! Just too much fun.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2005 06:49 PM
Zen2nd is currently offline Click here to Send Zen2nd a Private Message Find more posts by Zen2nd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DineshD

i heard like u gotta have a pretty nifty comp to run it. I got a 128mb Gforce 4 ... 2.2 Ghz .. 512RAM will i need to update to a 256 mb video card?

Old Post Aug 28th, 2005 07:20 PM
DineshD is currently offline Click here to Send DineshD a Private Message Find more posts by DineshD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yep.

Mor, the gameplay is generally the same. If its on the battlefield, you can use it.
The classes are more thought out but the crazy thing is that you can be the best player without actually killing anybody. You get points for kill assists, flag capture, flag defend, flag co-capture, revive (medic), healing, supplying, repairing, driver assist kills and a bunch of other stuff.
Its soo better because now teamplay is more prevelent instead of just trying to kill somebody.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2005 05:57 AM
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

I've been wanting this game for a while, but I have not bought it yet.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Aug 29th, 2005 06:09 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

I have the money and the video-store is on my route home from school. By 3 PM today I'll be playing Battlefield 2.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2005 06:32 AM
Morridini
Morridini

Great game thus far. Only problem so far is that there don't seem to be that many Ranked servers. I didn't notice the difference after I had ruled one map as a Battle Commander and ha gotten like 15 kills a minute.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2005 10:33 PM
RedAlertv2

Hopefully I can get this for xmas, becuase Im not looking to spend 50 bucks right now. I have bigger things to save for, unfortunately.

How Could Hell Be Any Worse?

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2005 11:36 PM
RedAlertv2 is currently offline Click here to Send RedAlertv2 a Private Message Find more posts by RedAlertv2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TX!
judgement day will come!

im still on battlefield 1942 stick out tongue ...but when i get a better gfx card then i get BF2

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2005 04:31 AM
TX! is currently offline Click here to Send TX! a Private Message Find more posts by TX! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Lol, now I understand why there were so few Ranked Servers. I had the option Only same version toggled on, and apparently only 3 of all the Ranked Servers have patched up to version 1.0.2

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2005 10:03 AM
Morridini
Morridini

Ok, now after fixing some minor problem with my patch I can play on all Ranked servers. However, it seems like Norton Antivirus doesn't approve of violence. As each time I update the server list this appears and throws me out of the game:
http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/9693/dnorton1sk.jpg
Any suggestions?

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2005 07:38 PM
Zen2nd
Veridis Quo

disable the anti-virus would be a start

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2005 07:48 PM
Zen2nd is currently offline Click here to Send Zen2nd a Private Message Find more posts by Zen2nd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Well, something less drastic. As I'll surely forget to turn it off and will without doubt get a virus or two withing the week (I tend to download too much crap).

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2005 07:50 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Well then you cant do anything.

Either you turn it off and play, or get viruses.
They're might be an option to allow games to be played.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2005 04:48 AM
Agent 69
Day trippin

I love battlefield 2 ...how dare you

http://idiotbox.forumsplace.com/myform

Old Post Sep 4th, 2005 11:23 AM
Agent 69 is currently offline Click here to Send Agent 69 a Private Message Find more posts by Agent 69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Agent 69
I love battlefield 2 ...how dare you

Um, who are u replying to?

Old Post Sep 4th, 2005 02:25 PM