KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Halo 2 (Live)

Halo 2 (Live)
Started by: FeceMan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Halo 2 (Live)

How the HELL is one supposed to get good at this? I played a lot with my friend last night...my kill count usually was under 10. On a team of four, playing to 50 points, I often got around 6-7. When playing Team King of the Hill, I got two--yes, TWO--seconds out of two minutes.

How do they do it? Here's how it goes for me:

Spawn. Die. Spawn. Die. Spawn. Die. Spawn. Kill. Die. Spawn. Kill him and die at the same time. Spawn. Die. Spawn. Die...

Until the game is over.

HOW DO THEY DO IT?!

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 06:26 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zen2nd
Veridis Quo

Just don't rush, sometimes its best not to attack somebody when you see them. Halo 2 is more about getting to powerful weapons like the sniper and sword but keeping them is harder. Some people also have their sight reaction up to the full so you can look behind you alot faster. Oh yeah eat lots of sweets to get your reaction time up.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 06:36 PM
Zen2nd is currently offline Click here to Send Zen2nd a Private Message Find more posts by Zen2nd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

that sorta depends.. you should play with people of equal skill level until you get used to the controls, the map, and the game rules (and even how to bend the rules). Then you fight people of higher skill level.... else basically its a spawn > die > spawn > die fest

also, if that part isnt the problem.. you just gotta keep playing.
you get better regardless if you notice it

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 10:02 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Yeah, that is true.

Were you playing ranked games? Once you play about ten ranked games for your first time, you'll get a pretty accurate rank (unless you are better than that.) Then, after you get your pretty accurate rank, all you have to focus on is getting better! big grin

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 11:55 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by hotsauce6548
Yeah, that is true.

Were you playing ranked games? Once you play about ten ranked games for your first time, you'll get a pretty accurate rank (unless you are better than that.) Then, after you get your pretty accurate rank, all you have to focus on is getting better! big grin

Actually, I was playing Team Training. I currently don't have Live, but my friend does (it's so addictive; my parents would freak out on how much time I would spend on it, lol).

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 12:32 AM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hit_and_Miss
I wonder....

Its about evolving your game. How do you play? do you know what the enemy is doing? do you understand the kinda enemy your playing (snipers, sword whores,rockets?) also knowing the maps inside out helps a treat. there are more then one way to all locations taking the primary one is where u will more then likely get killed. people are predictable things, try to break the norm in your tactics

By Barker
"There can be only none..."

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 04:03 PM
Hit_and_Miss is currently offline Click here to Send Hit_and_Miss a Private Message Find more posts by Hit_and_Miss Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Re: Halo 2 (Live)

Originally posted by FeceMan
How the HELL is one supposed to get good at this? I played a lot with my friend last night...my kill count usually was under 10. On a team of four, playing to 50 points, I often got around 6-7. When playing Team King of the Hill, I got two--yes, TWO--seconds out of two minutes.

Spawn. Die. Spawn. Die. Spawn. Die. Spawn. Kill. Die. Spawn. Kill him and die at the same time. Spawn. Die. Spawn. Die...

Until the game is over.

HOW DO THEY DO IT?!

Halo 2 isn't about running into battles whenever you can. You need good weapons and to think if any other opponents will be waiting for you while your about to kill someone.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 04:10 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

well... you do need a few crazy people to break the morale of the other team... you know, those crazies who run into to the other team and melee them and take out like 3 people before they get naded or something

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 08:10 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joe K
I dee kay.

Double magnums = Headshots

Old Post Mar 16th, 2007 02:36 PM
Joe K is currently offline Click here to Send Joe K a Private Message Find more posts by Joe K Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Don't expect to get good at this game in just one night. I've been playing this game for 2 years with a team of friends, and I have yet to become a master. Sure I know pretty everything there is to know and can kill anyone in almost any situation, but there are always new things to learn. Thing with Live is that the game is always evolving because you're always playing different people. I'm curious as to what other people's levels are. Currently I am a Legit lvl 32, and the highest legit level I got to was 36, but that was when I was a hardcore Halo 2 player.

Want to improve? Start using the Battle Rifle. You can also lower your sensitivity when you're using Snipers because it makes aiming slower and thus easier. Personally I use the 10 sensibility, because I'm used to playing MLG and often check my back. Although with a coordinated team with good communication there's almost no need to watch your back, team mates will do that for ya.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Last edited by Zack Fair on Mar 16th, 2007 at 04:17 PM

Old Post Mar 16th, 2007 04:15 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

Originally posted by FeceMan

Until the game is over.

HOW DO THEY DO IT?!

You know? I wonder the exact same thing, and you just pretty much explained each and every Halo 2 online match I have ever had, I try to play it more to get better, but I still get so little kills and so many deaths...

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Mar 16th, 2007 09:49 PM
General G is currently offline Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Don't expect to get good at this game in just one night. I've been playing this game for 2 years with a team of friends, and I have yet to become a master. Sure I know pretty everything there is to know and can kill anyone in almost any situation, but there are always new things to learn. Thing with Live is that the game is always evolving because you're always playing different people. I'm curious as to what other people's levels are. Currently I am a Legit lvl 32, and the highest legit level I got to was 36, but that was when I was a hardcore Halo 2 player.

Want to improve? Start using the Battle Rifle. You can also lower your sensitivity when you're using Snipers because it makes aiming slower and thus easier. Personally I use the 10 sensibility, because I'm used to playing MLG and often check my back. Although with a coordinated team with good communication there's almost no need to watch your back, team mates will do that for ya.

Really? I've been playing for eight months and kick all sorts of ass, thuhg I haven't played in awhile.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2007 09:54 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Eight Months > playing for one night.

Which is what I said. He shouldn't expect to get good at Halo 2 with just 2 or 3 sitdowns with the game.

So what level are you?

Old Post Mar 16th, 2007 11:13 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joe K
I dee kay.

I guess ima fast learner because ive only been playing a week and im already a lvl 15 kickin lvl 30's asses

Old Post Mar 19th, 2007 01:29 PM
Joe K is currently offline Click here to Send Joe K a Private Message Find more posts by Joe K Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

There are a lot of people that level up by using standby, soft modding, bridging and they even go as far as boosting by getting 2 parties of similar levels and entering matchmaking under the same list at the same time, and thus attempt to get to play each other.

So..if you're 15 how exactly are you kicking lvl 30's asses? Custom games and non-ranked games? People do tend to **** around in non-ranked games, specially in Halo. Anyways none of my business.

PS - I miss Clanmatch.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2007 02:35 AM
Stalker 360
Henshi a-go-go, baby!

your rank dose not determine how good your are. im a level 22 but i play with the best in the UK in custom games alot. sure i get beat in the end but im somewere in the top 5-6. halo levels cant eb taking serious anymore due to alll the cheating thats involed.

as for you getting better. if you can play tonight im sure me and mybe superboy would give you a few hints and tips

Current Pokemon:5

Old Post Mar 20th, 2007 03:31 AM
Stalker 360 is currently offline Click here to Send Stalker 360 a Private Message Find more posts by Stalker 360 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I agree rank does not determine who you are, but it does give you a general idea.

Ranks were a good idea, but then punks had to cheat their way to Halo levels.

*Remembers the first time he saw 2 modders duking it out*

My party and I felt as if we were helpless civilians watching 2 Super Saiya-Jins duking it out rofl.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2007 03:47 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by Stalker 360
your rank dose not determine how good your are. im a level 22 but i play with the best in the UK in custom games alot. sure i get beat in the end but im somewere in the top 5-6. halo levels cant eb taking serious anymore due to alll the cheating thats involed.

as for you getting better. if you can play tonight im sure me and mybe superboy would give you a few hints and tips

Sure. I'd be more than willing to give tips etc. But the best tip I can give is just to keep playing people who play like you.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2007 03:50 AM
Stalker 360
Henshi a-go-go, baby!

i know ecaxtly the feeling. (STORY TIME)

it was warlock. i spawned at red flag . the sunlight flooded into the room from cracks in the brick work oveer head. a echo filled the filled the structure "SLAYER". i leaped with grace across a gap to grab the battle rifle. i tapped X, span round and at that moment 15 or so rockets flew from a smg. i was dumb stuck by them not having time to move i ducked all but one missed sending my body spinning to the floor below.

beep. beep, beeeep

i spawned looking round i noticed something the size of my foot. focusing on it i could tell it was an elite.he stood there looking at me before sprinting off 10x faster than any elite id ever seen. i continued to look around ahh the elite who killed me last time was stood on blue BR spawn with his SMG i seen him run and jump onto camo spawn and at this moment so the small elite. and then there was war. two elites jumping around sticking, punching, and rocketinng each other for what seemed like a eternity. all the fighting stopped apart from the two elite . i was stood next to a blue team spartan. we waited until there was around a 50 secs left and then out of nowere the large elite took out a brute shot leaped backward s of the camo structure and shot a wraith motar engulfed the structure an on my visor JOSHMODS2KICKASS was killed by ....... apperead. me and the blue spartan looked and each otherr. turned and ran away.

Current Pokemon:5

Old Post Mar 20th, 2007 04:00 AM
Stalker 360 is currently offline Click here to Send Stalker 360 a Private Message Find more posts by Stalker 360 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_God
LOOK AT SIG.

I use pistol and headshot em all. Owned.

DID NOT POST KITTY THREAD...

Old Post Mar 20th, 2007 04:35 AM
The_God is currently offline Click here to Send The_God a Private Message Find more posts by The_God Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote