KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Video Game reviews.

Video Game reviews.
Started by: mr.smiley

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
mr.smiley

Video Game reviews.

Sorry if it's been done.I did a search and found nothing.

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 06:55 PM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

of like what?

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 08:50 PM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mr.smiley

Of the recent one's you have played.Kind of like what they do in the game magazines,but only it's on this thread.Go over the story,sound,graphics,control,etc.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 10:37 PM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

Oh, well if you could give me like 2 to 3 months or so I'l add a BIG review about all the great RPG's that I own, some I've just gotten recently and some I've beaten many years ago, so i'l take and play them all starting if things go as planned on Monday, and the games are.

1 - 9 Might And Magic (Those games are insanely impressive and hold alot of story and detail, and ya lots of stuff I'l get into in the review)

1 - 4 Heroes Of Might And Magic(The games that never get boring and have 10000000 playing hours)

All the Elder Scrolls games(INSANELY HUGE and lots of details)

All the Warcraft games(need I say anything?)

All the diablos

and maybe this aint sure I'l play but I might take up these games aswell

All the baldur's gate games with exp, all the Icewind dale, and all the neverwinter games.

Now I'l add lots of screenshots in the review of all the games, and I'm looking forward to both play the gmaes and write the review about them all.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 04:24 PM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JLred

What happened to this?!??!?!?!?!!?

This is a great idea!!!

So what you just find a game and say what you liked about it?

Well I'll start off..............

Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone
Gameboy Advance

It is an old game and rather easy to beat but if you take your time there are some neat things like going to Fred&George's joke shop.......or collecting cards.....the minigames are fairly easy........

Obscure
X-Box

Sort of a Resident Evil game but with different creatures.....decent graphics........you are a group of students who want to find out what is hapening to all the missing students.....

Halo
X-Box

I really didn't play it long but mostly multiplayer at a friends house and it was really addicting......I plan to purchase part 1 and 2

Old Post Jul 16th, 2005 05:55 AM
JLred is currently offline Click here to Send JLred a Private Message Find more posts by JLred Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

You do that, JL. Halo 2's campaign is actually kinda addicting this time. Online experience is excellent('xept for the crazy-ass glitchers/cheaters).

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Jul 16th, 2005 03:37 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

advent rising, Xbox.

The game starts off as you playing a human space pilot flying to a space station to meet with a race of creatures that had been sending out a distress call. As soon as you meet with them, you find out that the distress call was sent as more of a warning. The aliens that had sent the distress call had been under attack by some third party alien race, and they were coming to warn humans. However, it is to late the seekers (the bad aliens) arrive before any action be taken. The seekers destroy Earth, leaving you and a girl as the only humans left in existence. Thorugh bad writing you are some kind of medium for telepathic abilities. Even worse writing ensues from here.

Advent rising has really enjoyable gameplay. There are, i believe five different telepathic abilities in this game as well as weapons. Each ability also has a sub abilitiy. the gameplay is really fun. It diddnt seem to become redundant due to the many abilities and frequent upgrades. I also never had a problem with the camera system. The in game graphics are decent but nothing special. I was upset with no FMV's seeing how they hired a famous writer for the story.

Over all i give the game a 6/10 the story was just to feeble and cheesy for a game that tried to be serious. there was no emotion and no FMV's. the gameplay is the saving grace here, I would higly recommend for a rental.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2005 04:36 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Resident Evil 4, Nintendo Gamecube
Graphics: ***** Best I ever seen on the Gamecube
Sounds: ***** The voices were great
Music: ***** Goes great with the story
Replay: ***** I find nothing wrong with the Game
Overrall: ***** Greatest Gamecube ever
Story: You play as Leon Kennedy who works for the gov't. Leon is searching for the President's missing darther in Europe where someone who looks like Ashley Graham was spotted. Shortly after arriving Leon finds himself in a fight for suvival.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2005 04:59 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JLred

Fable
X-Box

Maybe not the best graphics out there but these are just damn good......
Graphics: 8/10

The creatures and humans sounds are exceptionally good but sometimes given at the wrong moment
Sound: 7/10

The music was well placed and really related to the game.
Music:8/10

No idea what replay is..........Overall I give it a 8/10

Story: A young boy watches as his family is killed by bandits, hidden behind a fence he watches everything. A man named Maze finds him after the bandit attack and takes him to the guild where he learns to become a hero. You discover your family may yet be alive. You train and gather experience and renown until the story comes together and you must fight to defend your sister and avenge your mother's death.
Hint: Do not get the last quest unless you have completed everything first or else all the remaining quests will disappear......

Old Post Jul 16th, 2005 09:08 PM
JLred is currently offline Click here to Send JLred a Private Message Find more posts by JLred Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

replay means how entertianing is it to play again after you have beaten it.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2005 12:46 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jnr hiphop
Some Guy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
advent rising, Xbox.

The game starts off as you playing a human space pilot flying to a space station to meet with a race of creatures that had been sending out a distress call. As soon as you meet with them, you find out that the distress call was sent as more of a warning. The aliens that had sent the distress call had been under attack by some third party alien race, and they were coming to warn humans. However, it is to late the seekers (the bad aliens) arrive before any action be taken. The seekers destroy Earth, leaving you and a girl as the only humans left in existence. Thorugh bad writing you are some kind of medium for telepathic abilities. Even worse writing ensues from here.

Advent rising has really enjoyable gameplay. There are, i believe five different telepathic abilities in this game as well as weapons. Each ability also has a sub abilitiy. the gameplay is really fun. It diddnt seem to become redundant due to the many abilities and frequent upgrades. I also never had a problem with the camera system. The in game graphics are decent but nothing special. I was upset with no FMV's seeing how they hired a famous writer for the story.

Over all i give the game a 6/10 the story was just to feeble and cheesy for a game that tried to be serious. there was no emotion and no FMV's. the gameplay is the saving grace here, I would higly recommend for a rental.

This one sounds pretty good.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2005 08:32 AM
jnr hiphop is currently offline Click here to Send jnr hiphop a Private Message Find more posts by jnr hiphop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darth_royke

bubsy bobcat 3d. psone.

...................................................................................................
if you have nothing good to say. say nothing at all.

-5/5

(shortened by Dave)

Last edited by dave123 on Jul 17th, 2005 at 06:09 PM

Old Post Jul 17th, 2005 11:33 AM
darth_royke is currently offline Click here to Send darth_royke a Private Message Find more posts by darth_royke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

God Of War:

Graphics: 9/10
This game seems to really push the limits of a PS2 and the graphics are amazing. Lots of gore and bloody action... and its really well done.

Sound: 10/10
I remember playing the game and thinking to myself, Man the music for this game is good enough to be in a movie! Not to mention the voice acting was well done and the action sounds were realistic.

Story: 8.5/10
Overall, this story was very interesting and engaging. It wasn't spectacular, but it was enough to keep me playing without setting the controler down.

Replay: 7/10
This is the only lacking aspect in the game. After I was done, I just didn't feel like playing it again for a while.

Overall: 9/10
Great game! Worth buying...

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Jul 17th, 2005 08:15 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JLred

Fable
X-Box

replay:excellent 10/10

Untold Legends:Brotherhood of the Blade
PSP

Graphics: Excellent if you take inmhow the game looks from above....I mean like you only see it from above..........7/10

Sound: WOnderful! Everything matches perfect and dome songs are so peaceful you feel like you could listen all day......9/10

Story: Alright...kinda lacking............6/10

Replay:Bad....boring......3/10

Overall: It was pretty good......7/10

Old Post Jul 17th, 2005 10:16 PM
mr.smiley

Mortal kombat deception

Okay I'm still playing this and I love it!I think it's definently set the bar for fighting to come.The way you change weapon styles is awesome and their's plenty of characters to choose from.On a side note:I personaly think deception has the second best opening I've ever seen for a .

Graphics 8/10 done very well

sound:8/10 blends in with the action very well and has a subtle eeriness to it,but could be represented better at certain times.

story 7.5/10 Not the best story ever,but definetly better than the majority of MK titles that have plaqued the market.

Replay 9/10.With Chess Kombat,Tertris type kombat and on-line play this will keep you coming back.Plus if you get the special additon you recieve a copy of the original Mk.

overall I give this an 8.9out of a 10.0

Old Post Jul 17th, 2005 10:21 PM
mr.smiley

Originally posted by JLred
What happened to this?!??!?!?!?!!?

This is a great idea!!!

So what you just find a and say what you liked about it?

Well I'll start off..............

Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone
Gameboy Advance

It is an old and rather easy to beat but if you take your time there are some neat things like going to Fred&George's joke shop.......or collecting cards.....the mini are fairly easy........

Obscure
X-Box

Sort of a Resident Evil game but with different creatures.....decent graphics........you are a group of students who want to find out what is hapening to all the missing students.....

Halo
X-Box

I really didn't play it long but mostly multiplayer at a friends house and it was really addicting......I plan to purchase part 1 and 2

Thanks man!I'm glad this thread has finaly got going.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2005 10:25 PM
JLred

Originally posted by mr.smiley
Thanks man!I'm glad this thread has finaly got going.

No prob. wonder why it didnt start in the first place?

Diablo 2
PC

Graphics: Decent....but alot of detail....8/10

Sound: Good you can actually choose what to say with the numberpad 8/10

Story: Awesome! Great!10/10

Replay: 9/10 good especially with all the different weapons........

Overall: 9/10

Old Post Jul 17th, 2005 10:32 PM
darth_royke

tetris, original gameboy version.

original for its time, and one of the most addictive games.... ever, single player or two player. possibly one of the most successful games ever and made the gameboy what it is today. maybe nintendo would simply be a games developer and not a hardware producer if it not for the success of its gameboy and tetris. you can keep playing it, beating high scores is an addictive task. while the graphics were'nt upto much, they were clean and moved well on the limited space of the gameboy.

overall..... 9.5/10

Old Post Jul 18th, 2005 12:51 AM
darth_royke is currently offline Click here to Send darth_royke a Private Message Find more posts by darth_royke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

World of Warcraft

Graphics: Decent....but alot of detail....8/10

Sound: Good, with so many emotes 8/10

Story: Awesome! Great!10/10

Replay: 10/10 Dude it's a MMORPG.
Overall: 9/10 [/B][/QUOTE]

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Jul 18th, 2005 01:28 AM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mr.smiley

Originally posted by darth_royke
tetris, original gameboy version.

original for its time, and one of the most addictive .... ever, single player or two player. possibly one of the most successful ever and made the gameboy what it is today. maybe nintendo would simply be a games developer and not a hardware producer if it not for the success of its gameboy and tetris. you can keep playing it, beating high scores is an addictive task. while the graphics were'nt upto much, they were clean and moved well on the limited space of the gameboy.

overall..... 9.5/10

Totaly agree.I might even give this one a ten.Damn Tetris kicks ass!

Knights of the Old Republic

Wow!I thought the first instalment of this was amazing.Imo,this is better than Episode one and two combined.The characters are pretty well thought out and the twist the takes halfway through is just pure genius.

Graphics 8.0- Nothing real flashy,but the worlds are vast and the graphics are,for the most part,fluid and smooth

sound 9.0-The voice overs are damn near perfect.The music is great,but it should have been more apparent in some parts of the

control 8.8-Great controls.Very smooth

story 9.5 I belive the story is very well thought out and just great.

replay factor 6.8 Theirs a few things worth going back and playing for,but once you find all the secrets only the will come back.

overall score:9.3

Last edited by mr.smiley on Jul 18th, 2005 at 03:16 AM

Old Post Jul 18th, 2005 03:08 AM