KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » GameCube Memory Card Corruption

GameCube Memory Card Corruption
Started by: DarkC

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Worried GameCube Memory Card Corruption

I recently was playing Resident Evil 4 on GCN when I attempted to save and failed when the prompt said that the data on memory card A was corrupted and needed to be erased. Of course I didn't erase, but I'm not sure how to fix the problem. Anyone know?

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 11:04 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

I never had a GC memory card problem with any game so far. Maybe its your RE4 disc?

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 11:50 PM
JToTheP is currently offline Click here to Send JToTheP a Private Message Find more posts by JToTheP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

No, it's not the disc...it specifically says that it's the memory card.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 12:23 AM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

Have you loaded the menu without a disc & checked for the data on the memory card?

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 12:36 AM
JToTheP is currently offline Click here to Send JToTheP a Private Message Find more posts by JToTheP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Yes, it's still there as normal.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 12:39 AM
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Hmmm... well, my advice, if you can't seem to fix the problem, is try copying the data onto another memory card (if you have one) and then seeing if that memory card will work. It may be a piece of data on there.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 12:49 AM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Maybe that'll work, but I'm not too sure that I can get another one from my friend.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 12:52 AM
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

What kind of memory card is it? If it's one of those crappy third party ones then I'd sum up that the card is just jiggered (kaputt).

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 01:01 AM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Well, it is a different one than the actual gamecube package included. I think the normal one is 24 KB, but I am using one double that size. Not sure what "third-party" means.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 02:34 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Well Is it a Nintendo product?

3rd Party means another company made a memory card for the GC, buts its not an official Nintendo product.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 06:13 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

You should never buy 3rd party memory cards, they get corrupted eaisly and can f*** up your console. 3rd Party controllers die within a year-2 years of purchase, where as official ones never die unless mistreated.

Besides, why would you wanna buy a 3rd party controller now? Nintendo put out the 251, and the 1001 memory cards now.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 12:41 PM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Yes it is an official Nintindo product, with the official seal of Nintendo and all.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 03:55 PM
Smodden
Keyblade Chosen

Ohhh, I had the exact same problem. I was playing Spiderman 2...tried to save, and I had "corrupted data" and it said I had to erace the card. I tried moving the file to a dif card but it didn't work....I ended up having to erace my card. And yes, it was a third party memory card. Mad Katzz or something like that...

I think the problem is caused when you turn off your console during a save.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 05:05 PM
Smodden is currently offline Click here to Send Smodden a Private Message Find more posts by Smodden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

I never turned off the console when saving...

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 06:34 PM
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: GameCube Memory Card Corruption

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dark1365
I recently was playing Resident Evil 4 on GCN when I attempted to save and failed when the prompt said that the data on memory card A was corrupted and needed to be erased. Of course I didn't erase, but I'm not sure how to fix the problem. Anyone know?

Well that SUCKKKKKKSSS....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 11:33 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Me and friends have found a way to remedy the problem so far...all we do is prevent the damn card from overheating. So after 1 1/2 hours of play, we find a typerwriter and save, turn the console off, pull the card out and stick it in the fridge. And go run off to try Counterstrike(so much more fun with friends)

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 11:45 PM
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

you say, find a typewriter.

Are you sure you're not playing Resident Evil Zero, cause you save to typewriters in that game too.

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 02:28 AM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

I am playing RE4. Not Zero. Saving at typewriters are somewhat of a classic in RE games.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 03:41 PM
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dark1365
Me and friends have found a way to remedy the problem so far...all we do is prevent the damn card from overheating. So after 1 1/2 hours of play, we find a typerwriter and save, turn the console off, pull the card out and stick it in the fridge. And go run off to try Counterstrike(so much more fun with friends)

I say that's one ghetto card, I played Tales Of Symphonia for like 8 hours straight one day, and my card save was fine.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 04:04 PM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

*sob*

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 04:40 PM