KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Help! Which game should I get?

Help! Which game should I get?
Started by: RE401

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
RE401

Help! Which game should I get?

Help! I only have $60 and I can get only one game. Jade Empire, Conker: Live and Reloaded, Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay, Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30, Psychonauts, Doom 3, or Metroid Prime 2: Echoes. Please help.

When we meet the enemy, we will rip their skulls from their spine, and toss 'em away, laughin'!
Sgt. Johnson (Halo:Combat Evolved)

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 02:42 AM
RE401 is currently offline Click here to Send RE401 a Private Message Find more posts by RE401 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Re: Help! Which game should I get?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RE401
Help! I only have $60 and I can get only one game. Jade Empire, Conker: Live and Reloaded, Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay, Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30, Psychonauts, Doom 3, or Metroid Prime 2: Echoes. Please help.

When we meet the enemy, we will rip their skulls from their spine, and toss 'em away, laughin'!
Sgt. Johnson (Halo:Combat Evolved)

Having played all of those games i can tell you with confidence that Escape from butchar bay or jade empire are your best bets here. Metroid prime may be a possibility aswell, but i am biased when it comes to metroid because i loath those games, but i acknowledge that they are very sound games. Doom3 is a rent. The graphics are pretty and all, but it is just your typical FPS, i had more fun with area 51. Conker is fun, but if you have played it for the 64, there is no reason to shell out 60 dolars for it, and more intense and original gameplay lie in jade empire and riddick. Psychonauts is cute and all, but wait a few weeks untill the price drops a bit, trust me, if you have played platformer games, you have played this game before. Brothers in arms is a very fine war game, but nothing special aside from the characters

Riddick is a solid game through and through. the controls feel perfect , and there is alot of diversity in the gameplay. The graphics are some of the best you will find on any console, and the writing and voice over work is just as good. There is some strategy involved, so if your looking for a straight forward shooter go with doom3.

Jade empire is an excelent story with plenty of character customization including choosing being evil or good. the gameplay is limited to a hand full of fighting techniques, but i never got board with them, seeing how you upgrade frequently. You can weild weapons or transform into beasts. The story is well written. A fairly original game concept. As far as gameplay goes. I know you can buy riddick for twenty dollars used though, so if you go for riddick you could get another game aswell. Hope this helped some.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 03:07 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thunder Fox
F.M.L

depends on what kind of game you like

Merc with a Mouth, the Crimson Nutcase

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 03:09 AM
Thunder Fox is currently offline Click here to Send Thunder Fox a Private Message Find more posts by Thunder Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morning_Glory
Sleeping In My Soul

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 03:10 AM
Morning_Glory is currently offline Click here to Send Morning_Glory a Private Message Find more posts by Morning_Glory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RE401

Thanks for the reply ragesRemorse, it helped a lot. The problem though is that I like pretty much all genres. I hope that I could find a copy of Butcher Bay that's around $20-30, so I could get two of those games I wanted. Thanks for the replies.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 04:49 AM
RE401 is currently offline Click here to Send RE401 a Private Message Find more posts by RE401 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

You wouldn't be able to get another one of the games you wanted because they are fairly new and cause more than 20 or 30 dollars, you may be able to get Metroid for thirty, but I doubt it, but anyway.

I would recommend Psychonauts.
It's a new game in it's own right, some may call it innovative.
It got so much acclaim that it went from the Xbox, which is was suppose to be limited to only, to the PS2.
It's real fun and different.

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 10:36 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

I would say Jade Empire.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 12:21 AM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
infern07
u suck Slipknot owns

ya Jade Empirezorro

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 09:23 PM
infern07 is currently offline Click here to Send infern07 a Private Message Find more posts by infern07 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by powerfulone1987
You wouldn't be able to get another one of the games you wanted because they are fairly new and cause more than 20 or 30 dollars, you may be able to get Metroid for thirty, but I doubt it, but anyway.

I would recommend Psychonauts.
It's a new game in it's own right, some may call it innovative.

Psychonauts was a fun game, but i dont think anyone would hang their balls on the line and say it was onnovative. I htink every one has slid on rails before. The only innovation may be the use of telepathy in a platformer game. Also Brothers in arms is 29.99. That game is pretty old now.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 10:39 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Doom III or Psychonauts.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 10:40 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightningrod
gay o' time

Best bet would have to be Doom 3 or Jade Empire

Old Post Jul 8th, 2005 02:07 AM
Lightningrod is currently offline Click here to Send Lightningrod a Private Message Find more posts by Lightningrod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I would take psychonauts over doom 3. Doom 3 is nothing but graphics.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2005 04:19 AM
Julie
The Student

KOTOR II:-) okay okay I really don't know much about the others

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 07:12 PM
Julie is currently offline Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jacobo0o

doom 3 or jade empire
jade empire is one of the best games for x box
i beated it 3 times because its so good
doom 3 would be awesome if u have the home theater setup and all
that it feels soo dang real

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 07:28 PM
jacobo0o is currently offline Click here to Send jacobo0o a Private Message Find more posts by jacobo0o Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dAngEr_Is_gO!
Celebrity Assassin

Having played them all, Riddick and Jade Empire stand out from the rest.
Riddick has the graphics of Doom 3 with twice the innovation and interaction. Jade Empire has longevity, a good plot and I found that it didn't get old (unlike KOTORII). Think of the brilliant KOTOR but in an ancient Asian setting and with simple, but effective, realtime combat

Old Post Jul 13th, 2005 12:34 AM
dAngEr_Is_gO! is currently offline Click here to Send dAngEr_Is_gO! a Private Message Find more posts by dAngEr_Is_gO! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Machete_Guy
Another Basterd

I havnt played bairly any of them, but it sounds like Jade empire is the way to go.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2005 01:54 AM
Machete_Guy is currently offline Click here to Send Machete_Guy a Private Message Find more posts by Machete_Guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RoyMC
Restricted

Account Restricted

jade empire its cool

Old Post Jul 14th, 2005 08:38 PM
RoyMC is currently offline Click here to Send RoyMC a Private Message Find more posts by RoyMC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Primitive Screwhead
Bullsh*tt!

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Psychonauts was a fun game, but i dont think anyone would hang their balls on the line and say it was onnovative. I htink every one has slid on rails before. The only innovation may be the use of telepathy in a platformer game. Also Brothers in arms is 29.99. That game is pretty old now.

You can't tell me [SPOILER - highlight to read]: that defeating Lungfish, only to find that entering its mind was the going to be the next level in the game and had its own boss in Kochamara, wasn't innovative.

Artwork by Cinemaddiction!!!

Old Post Jul 14th, 2005 09:40 PM
Primitive Screwhead is currently offline Click here to Send Primitive Screwhead a Private Message Find more posts by Primitive Screwhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Jade Empire is cool.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 03:55 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote