KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Arbiter bad armor

Arbiter bad armor
Started by: GGgrievous725

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
General_Iroh
White Guy

Arbiter bad armor

why do they give there strongest warrior a crappy suit instead of the best suit to keep them safe religion or not thats a crappy rule

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 04:18 AM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

well.. its more a test of spirit than relying on technology... plus I guess the prophets are cheap asses and dont wanna spend another dime on updating gear

however.. considering arbiters go on suicide missions.. why bother giving them expensive stuff to die with?

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 03:11 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zen2nd
Veridis Quo

They do have the same shield that the humans stole off them and used on Master Chief. So he is not totally defenceless

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 04:50 PM
Zen2nd is currently offline Click here to Send Zen2nd a Private Message Find more posts by Zen2nd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Because it's the ARBITER suit, and it's the oldest. The base of the Forerunner tech that spawned the current Elite suits.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 05:30 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hit_and_Miss
I wonder....

The suit is more of a statement of that elites fighting skills and the fact the prophets have sent the arbiter to deal with the situation.

Also the armor gives him control over all the other covenant warriors under the prophets command.

The whole covenant army fights for religious principles, and the suit is almost godlike to them

By Barker
"There can be only none..."

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 04:21 PM
Hit_and_Miss is currently offline Click here to Send Hit_and_Miss a Private Message Find more posts by Hit_and_Miss Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Because it was to remind you just how lame the Arbiter was. I mean, he talked like Gandalf. That's very wrong. It just made you want to play as Master chief some more.

In fact, a lot of Halo 2's story mode kept making me want to do other things.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 06:20 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

lol.. yeah the pacing felt like episode 3... "Oh annie... I-" *cuts to next scene of a speeder chase or something mood-breaking*

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 06:24 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

It was just when the plant from little Shop Of Horrors made a cameo appearnace, that was when I thought "aw to hell with this".

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 06:31 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dAngEr_Is_gO!
Celebrity Assassin

Yeah when I saw the Gravemind (Little Shop of Horrors Plant) I thought "what was Bungie on when they developed this". Probably something plant related big grin
I really like the Arbiter levels. Being backed up by a squad of Elites and on the odd occasion a couple of Hunters beats the hell out of being flanked by lame Marines.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 12:42 AM
dAngEr_Is_gO! is currently offline Click here to Send dAngEr_Is_gO! a Private Message Find more posts by dAngEr_Is_gO! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

I suppose they did that for gameplay sake, I mean imagine running around with unlimited cloak on? a tad bit boring IMO. I do wish that the Power sword had unlimited ammo though...

I kinda liked the look of the Arbiter's armour, though the Elite's Royal Guard armour defacates all over it big grin

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 01:11 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I just dont like how covenant elites (especially arbiters and high guards w/ plasma swords) look exactly like protoss from starcraft

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 01:41 AM
Honda_Tadakatsu
Second Coming of Jesus...

THATS WHAT THEY LOOKED LIKE! I could never put my finger on it, But still, The High Red Armor, Rocked...

Arbiters armor wasn't for defense, merely a symbol, that even the most technilogically crappy armor is still good when put on an elite...

o.0 brilliant Idea... Playing, As, A, HUNTER! I"M A GENIOUS.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 03:34 AM
Honda_Tadakatsu is currently offline Click here to Send Honda_Tadakatsu a Private Message Find more posts by Honda_Tadakatsu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

The Covenant has different ways then we do. Every Arbiter from the first wore that armor and it was a symbol of the Arbiter. They kept the armor safe and well protected until another Arbiter was needed.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 03:43 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

well they could keep it looking the same and ad some crap into it to make it work better its looks dot have to change if you fix a car up make it faster it doesnt have to look different right

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 04:25 AM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stalker 360
Henshi a-go-go, baby!

but you can put body kits on cars they could of done something to the armour its was kinda dull if the made it gole or platimun it would lok a lot cooler

Current Pokemon:5

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 03:11 PM
Stalker 360 is currently offline Click here to Send Stalker 360 a Private Message Find more posts by Stalker 360 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

well heres hopin the power of the 360 makes the game photo realistic

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 05:44 PM
Honda_Tadakatsu
Second Coming of Jesus...

How Photo-realistic is an Elite? hmm? Show me a photo of a real live, Jackal?

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2005 12:26 AM
Honda_Tadakatsu is currently offline Click here to Send Honda_Tadakatsu a Private Message Find more posts by Honda_Tadakatsu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

I did not know an Elite was real. And the first time I was playing Halo 2 my mom thought it was a movie. When the Arbiter was talking to that other Elite on the phantom.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2005 01:37 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Yup, the graphics are that good eh?

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2005 02:00 AM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Honda_Tadakatsu
How Photo-realistic is an Elite? hmm? Show me a photo of a real live, Jackal?
you can make photo realistic textures and apply them to the aliens.. if you noticed alot of these "fantasy" animals are just parts taken from the animals we have on earth.. elites look like they would have reptilian textured skin and perhaps bird eyes..

photo-realistic doesnt mean "OMG IT HAS TO HAVE EXISTED"... thats why there are creative people in the world yes

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2005 03:22 AM