KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » F.e.a.r

F.e.a.r
Started by: SnakeEyes

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

F.e.a.r

This game looks really, really good. Check it out: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/f...tml?tag=mp_2to9

cool

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Aug 1st, 2005 05:28 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kumar

meh, looks pretty cool. i like SPEC OPS games so this should be promising

I will live Forever

Old Post Aug 1st, 2005 05:32 AM
Kumar is currently offline Click here to Send Kumar a Private Message Find more posts by Kumar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Here's a link directly to the screenshots just in case anyone was too lazy/dumb to see them...

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/fear/screenindex.html

Old Post Aug 1st, 2005 05:52 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kumar

WHAO!!!! those are some F-ed up screen shots. liek the one of the guy disintegrating. or that one with the tunnel of fire and the little girl at the end. i have a feeling this is gonna be a very mind tripping game.

I will live Forever

Old Post Aug 1st, 2005 05:57 AM
Kumar is currently offline Click here to Send Kumar a Private Message Find more posts by Kumar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Hopefully it will have a good plot/story to go with those kickass screenshots...

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 05:47 PM
MrBones

it does look pretty good...thanks for the heads up

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 08:59 PM
MrBones is currently offline Click here to Send MrBones a Private Message Find more posts by MrBones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

No problem... smokin'

Old Post Aug 5th, 2005 06:15 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

There's a demo out now. Check fileplanet. Im getting insane dl seeds. Should be playiing it in a hour or so.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2005 05:27 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Awesome! You gotta come back to KMC and let me know how it is... (Because my PC currently can't run games)

Old Post Aug 5th, 2005 05:59 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Its awesome.

Its a cross between Doom 3 and Half Life (somewhat). It looks like it has the scariness of Doom while it has the atmosphere of Half Life, with a bit of counterstrike, Max Payne and Halo combined.
The AI is pretty good, the graphics are top notch with bullet effects, rag doll physics, pretty good reallife physics (but not hl2 physics), and a pretty cool bullet time thingy.
The story looks promising in the 5 minutes I played. All in all, it looks like a pretty awesome game.
But its only a demo so hopefully the action doesnt get repitive.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2005 06:49 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Wow! It looks like this game might even exceed my expectations. If it mixes elements of Halo, Max Payne, Half-Life, Doom, and Counterstrike I can't really see where it would go wrong (unless it truly is repettitive).

Old Post Aug 5th, 2005 07:05 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeppers.

Its soo funny though how much Half Life has done for FPS

Old Post Aug 6th, 2005 06:34 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

The demo is really short, but from what I saw, its going to be challenging and freaky as hell.

They go for the shock value in this one. Walking down a corridor and the lights turn off, turn around, and you see the little girl walking towards you. Everything is white, then the corridor is white with blood for a ceiling and its dripping down the walls. This is what it will be like throughout the whole game.

I have a feeling this will be the best shooter this year (they're arnt many), and maybe even best game (unless RE4 takes it)

Old Post Aug 6th, 2005 07:07 AM
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

sucks its not for consoles though. I dont play on the PC.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2005 07:25 AM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Oh well.

PC is the best for shooters, your missing out.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2005 04:57 PM
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

I'm already super-excited for this game... And yes, PC is by far the best for shooters...

Old Post Aug 6th, 2005 09:19 PM
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

I no, but i like using a controller. sad And dont you need graphics cards just to have the right graphics?

Old Post Aug 6th, 2005 10:38 PM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

Sorry, i cant edit, but I think Prey will be the best. Its for the 360 and PC. It looks so awesome. And its different and original.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2005 12:46 AM
RedAlertv2

I think Ill get the demo, cuz this game looks bitchin

How Could Hell Be Any Worse?

Old Post Aug 7th, 2005 01:32 AM
RedAlertv2 is currently offline Click here to Send RedAlertv2 a Private Message Find more posts by RedAlertv2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DanZeke25
I no, but i like using a controller. sad And dont you need graphics cards just to have the right graphics?

Yes, but thats usual for a computer game.
You gotta pay for the best gameplay available (for FPS)

Old Post Aug 7th, 2005 04:45 AM