KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Killer Instinct Series

Killer Instinct Series
Started by: BackFire

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Killer Instinct Series

Well, for some reason me and my friends started playing these games a few days ago, out of boredom I guess, anyways, they're still a blast to play.

Was anyone else into these games back in the day.

Also, there's lots of rumors that there may be a KI3 coming to Xbox 360, which is very exciting to me, seeing as I was a huge fanatic of the other two games.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2005 11:55 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I didnt 'really' get into it until the release of KI64.. that was great stuff big grin "Endo-kyu~ ken!"

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 12:11 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

I was shitting myself over the original, I still remember the day it came out, my family and I were going on a vacation, and I made them bring my Super Nintendo and stop off at Toys R Us to get the game, best vacation I can remember.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 01:01 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Hahah.

I wouldnt be surpraised if it does come out on the 360 considering Rare is owned by MS.
But it will take forever to released though.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 05:19 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jnr hiphop
Some Guy

I used to have Killer Instinct on Super Nintendo. I never knew KI was under RARE aswell. Btw, was the Killer Instinct on N64 any good?

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 06:06 AM
jnr hiphop is currently offline Click here to Send jnr hiphop a Private Message Find more posts by jnr hiphop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

i love the original KI

the characters were great, but i remember the skeleton character had this cheap combo move which made the game kinda easy to win on a few difficulty levels.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 06:11 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Refused
Iconoclast

Anyone play the Arcade version, it was cool because in the intro it read,"Ultra 64", i guess since the N64 was originally supposed to be called Ultra 64.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 06:29 AM
Refused is currently offline Click here to Send Refused a Private Message Find more posts by Refused Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Yeah, I was really into both KI games in the arcade, I remember that logo. Good stuff.

If they made a 3rd one I'd buy a 360 just to play it.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 08:25 AM
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

I loved Killer Instinct.

The only character I was only ever truly skilled with was Fulgore (the big robot Wolverine dude on the front of the box). I could pull off some INSANE combo's (weren't they called "Ultimate" combos?) with him.

He had the best finishing move. His whole upper torso turned into a small army fortification, and just shot the opposition to sh*t.

I can remember the characters somewhat. I'd like to know what some of the characters are.

Fulgore -> Robot Wolverine
Galcius -> Ice Blob T-1000 dude
Cynder -> Human Torch dude
Eyedol -> Big boss green thing hard as grilled steak
Sabrewulf -> Werewolf dude inspired by the old Sabrewulf game
Riptor -> Velociraptor straight outta Jurassic Park
B. Orchid -> Woman with nightsticks.
?????????? -> A Balrog type boxer dude
?????????? -> Skeleton dude from Jason and The Argonauts
Thunder -> Tomahawk wielding mohawk man.

My mind is going. I can remember a few names but I can't remember them all. Would appreciate someone fillin' in the blanks.

KI Gold got rid of some cool characters and brought in utter crap fighters like Tusk and stuff - why? They were so generic.

Last edited by Red Superfly on Aug 8th, 2005 at 12:09 PM

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 12:02 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Wasnt there a ninja dude?

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 04:53 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Jago was the ninja guy
Sabrewulf was the werewolf
Eyedol was the last boss, he was an ogre
Riptor was 1/2 dinosaur, 1/2 human
Fulgore was the robot prototype
Glacius was the ice ailen
Cinder was the criminal of fire
Spinal was the skeleton warrior
Orchid was the agent.
Thunder was an Indian warrior
Combo was the boxer
Ultras were combos that were 20 or more hits as a finisher
ultimates were combos with a fatality at the end.

Combo breakers BROKE the combos

Combo listing:
3 triple combo
4 super combo
5 hyper combo
6 brutal combo
7 master combo
8 awesome combo
9 blaster up combo
10 monster combo
11 king combo
12 and up : killer combo
ultra and ultimates are finishers, no glich combos were around 40 hits, except with orchid.
Glich combos were infinite

My favorite characters were Sabrewulf and Eyedol, I also liked fulgore, glacius, spinal, cinder, and jago sometimes, and a little riptor to throw my opponents off.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 07:23 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 09:57 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

I love sabrewulf....

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 10:16 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jnr hiphop
Some Guy

Anyone played the N64 version?

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 01:37 AM
jnr hiphop is currently offline Click here to Send jnr hiphop a Private Message Find more posts by jnr hiphop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly

JAGO! That's the guy! He was a little harder to cntrol, but he had a wicked uppercut where he'd whip out his sword and ninja-slce you up ten feet up. Cool. Man I knew I was mising someone! Ah Combo and Spinal! I knew their names had something descriptive about who they were, but couldn't put my name on it.

With Spinal I was like: "Skeletor? No thats taken. Skulldude? Too Ninja Turtles. Spiker? Too Mortal Kombat. DAMMIT!"

As for Combo - what a garlingly obvious name. It's actually a really, REALLY crap name now that I think about it. That's like calling a Mortal Kombat character "Fatality" or better yet "Toasty" lol.

Cheers for the info Cordera.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 11:43 AM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

NP, I liked that game, with sabrewulf's double roll, or Eyedol's stomp.

Anyway Combo was a dumb name, who would name their kid that?

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 01:44 PM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

I missed using Cinder's incredibly cheap and easy-to-pull-off combo.
(please log in to view the image)

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 04:12 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly

The forward-forward punch punch punch punch Lame Combo Of All Time?

Fireball, ppunch, fireball, punch kick uppercut was the result. Barely any room to break it. Get stuck a corner, you dead.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 04:31 PM
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkC
I missed using Cinder's incredibly cheap and easy-to-pull-off combo.
(please log in to view the image)

That was easy to break IMO, spinal was better in the hands of a master...

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 09:05 PM
k00L kiD
life is a dream

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
Well, for some reason me and my friends started playing these games a few days ago, out of boredom I guess, anyways, they're still a blast to play.

Was anyone else into these games back in the day.

Also, there's lots of rumors that there may be a KI3 coming to Xbox 360, which is very exciting to me, seeing as I was a huge fanatic of the other two games.

I used to have this game for SNES. Cinder had the easiest combos in the game.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 11:21 PM
k00L kiD is currently offline Click here to Send k00L kiD a Private Message Find more posts by k00L kiD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote