KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Project Offset - FPS

Project Offset - FPS
Started by: Sir Mist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Hazardous

Project Offset - FPS

For PC:

Set in a fantasy world similar to those found in most PC RPGs, Project Offset allows players to select from among several different character classes while forming clans to combat over ranked mission-based objectives. There will be a heavy emphasis on game mode flexibility and users can participate in solo, co-op, team, and deathmatch-style showdowns. Interested parties can also expect both long-range and melee combat as well as a throng of vehicles, creatures, and dragons to ride and drive.

In the team's latest update on its official website, further bits of information regarding the game's multiplayer aspects were described in higher detail. Of the several elements mentioned, the co-op components were listed as Project Offset's main design goal. Moreover, the typical player limit is expected to fall somewhere around 64 or higher, and the ability to gain experience points to customize and improve any one of the five available character classes has also been confirmed.

Speaking of character classes, the team shed some light on what those can be used for too. Human Warriors, for example, are the default "all purpose" units that just about anyone can pick up and use. The stealthy Elvin Marksmen, on the other hand, are meant specifically as sneak attack and ranged snipers, while Dwarven builders (used to repair and construct objects), Healers (pretty self explanatory), and Wizards (area damage experts) were also touched on.

Vehicles were glossed over a bit as well and seem to be the great equalizers in terms of game balancing. Horses, catapults, dragons, giant trolls, and battleships all provide a number of unique advantages to those that use them (increased speed, the ability to fly, mass group movement, etc), and when taken in tandem with the aforementioned character classes begin to describe something reminiscent of Battlefield 1942 in the Middle Ages. Other interesting morsels of info, like multiple battles that form overarching war scenarios and castle sieges have also been hinted at, while destructible environments, dynamically simulated deaths, and various other physics-based goodies were revealed.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/640/640446p1.html

Hell yeah

Downloading a video for it, Ill check it out tomorrow.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 12:30 PM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

OMFG

This movie is like......OMFG!

Download. Now. no expression

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 12:51 PM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

I am downloading right now. thumb up

Sounds like greatness... if only my computer had the equipment... *sighs*

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 07:54 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

I've just watched the first one, and... well...

OMFG!!! Damn!!! Damn!!! It's... OMFG!!!

Dude, please... that was frigging... Damn!!!

Help me...

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 08:02 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

I just watched the second video, and:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by hotsauce6548
OMFG!!! Damn!!! Damn!!! It's... OMFG!!!

Dude, please... that was frigging... Damn!!!

Help me...

I think I might have a heart attack.

It would so be worth it, though... big grin

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 08:08 PM
Hazardous

Release date: End of 2007
How can they do this to us!

Real Time Rendering
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 12:44 AM