KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » 10 reasons to wait for Ps3 and not 360

10 reasons to wait for Ps3 and not 360
Started by: TwisterGameX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Null

Shocked 10 reasons to wait for Ps3 and not 360

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/668/668446p1.html

360 FAILS

Maybe this should of been in the gen talk shifty

Old Post Nov 24th, 2005 11:41 PM
Null is currently offline Find more posts by Null Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

PS3 is overrated

Old Post Nov 24th, 2005 11:47 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Null

Xbox 360 is over rated....next gens are over rated..

Old Post Nov 24th, 2005 11:48 PM
Null is currently offline Find more posts by Null Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

The Xbox360 is overrated. The PS3 can't be, since it's not out. It might be, but it also could give the 360 a new home in the gutter. Quite the premature statement. 360, based on launch titles and the $400 price tag, is overrated.

Not only is it overrated, but it came out way too early. Microsoft should've used their time to prevent this:
http://www.twistedpolygon.net/content/view/84/48

Last edited by JKozzy on Nov 25th, 2005 at 12:03 AM

Old Post Nov 24th, 2005 11:58 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LinixCobra
Hablo Espanol

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JKozzy
The Xbox360 is overrated. The PS3 can't be, since it's not out. It might be, but it also could give the 360 a new home in the gutter. Quite the premature statement. 360, based on launch titles and the $400 price tag, is overrated.

Not only is it overrated, but it came out way too early. Microsoft should've used their time to prevent this:

Im sure PS3 will have a few people angry when they cant play their new system out of the box.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 02:48 AM
LinixCobra is currently offline Click here to Send LinixCobra a Private Message Find more posts by LinixCobra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Refused
Iconoclast

I agree, the PS3 isn't out yet so how can it be overrated? It might be overhyped but thats just because there's actually something to get pumped up about unlike the 360.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 02:51 AM
Refused is currently offline Click here to Send Refused a Private Message Find more posts by Refused Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Null

and what might that be besidees metal gear ?

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 02:57 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by JKozzy

Totally true. Funny thing is that you never see that with an Nintendo product.

I still think ps3 has a chance of being overrated. The price tag will be similiar to the 360 (or higher), the screenshots look doctered and photoshopped (just like how Madden was suppose to look like for the 360) and from the IGN article, the launch list that thought up that might happen includes Gran Turismo (big ****ing deal, it will be the same game since the original without collision dectection), Killzone (game blew for the PS2, whats so exciting about it, oh wait that movie they showed at E3, which nonbody knows is real thing, Tekken (wow, another same ****ing game), and maybe MGS4. THat could be the reason why it might be overrated.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 03:54 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Refused
Iconoclast

Originally posted by TwisterGameX
and what might that be besidees metal gear ?

Its TRUE next generation graphics and features. It's going to have a PC desktop like startup menu. And so far yes, Metal Gear is the only game right now that has me pumped but comon, games make the system. I'm sure they're going to have a sleeper hit title like they always do on launch day like Timesplitters was for PS2 and Ridge Racer was for PS1. yes

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 04:40 AM
Refused is currently offline Click here to Send Refused a Private Message Find more posts by Refused Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K1ll3r
Bleh

Everything is overrated.

Why didn't Sephiroth attach All Materia to Black Materia, then it would have summoned a meteor for each enemy!!

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 04:56 AM
K1ll3r is currently offline Click here to Send K1ll3r a Private Message Find more posts by K1ll3r Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

MGS4 looks beautiful.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 05:01 AM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

I read about the Metal Gear Solid PS3 trailer for the first time yesterday and didn't know anything about it before.
Then coincidently sometime after reading about it in my tips and tricks magazine that i get in the mail, X-Play showed the whole trailer later that night.
It looks real good. Even though I really liked the demo of the first metal gear solid game, i wasn't allowed to get the whole game, because of content, so I'm really a fan of the game like I could have been, especially since the game has changed a whole lot since then, it's more than just hiding and staying out of site now. So I don't really care about Metal Gear Solid anymore. But by the looks of the trailer, I might just get the game because of how good it looks. Hopefully all of PS3's games look this good or better than I won't have to resort to get a game that I normally wouldn't get just for the graphics.

By the way, people keep saying "wait" for the PS3. Why do you refer to it as waiting. You make it seem like you have one choice and that's to choose between getting just the Xbox360 or the PS3. Why not get both if you want. That's what I plan on doing.

Does anybody know when the next shipment of Xbox360's are coming out. And is BestBuy the only store selling them, because I haven't been hearing anything about Wal-Mart, even though I'm almost certain they would be selling them.

Is it comprehensible.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 05:37 AM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

Not everyone has the luxury of getting both, what with finances and all.

Hence, wait; spend your money on one or the other

I'm a signature!

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 05:44 AM
Spearhead is currently offline Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

I was just clearing that up for myself to understand what yall meant by "wait".
I see and it's understandable.

Is it comprehensible.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 06:25 AM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

Re: 10 reasons to wait for Ps3 and not 360

Reason #10: Xbox 360 Doesn't Have a Killer App

Yeah ok, agreed with this one, although PD:0 is looking like the consoles highlight.

But the games listed for PS3 are same old, same old. PD:0 is a new game for Xbox. Dont playstation owners get tired of the same old games rehashed with new graphics?

The launch titles are catering for people with different game tastes. Sports, racing, rpg, action, FPS, its all there.

Reason #9: Dual-Screen and 1080p Support

The key part of this point is Even if most televisions don't support it. So....big deal. If your tv cant support it, why brag?

Reason #8: Hefty Expandability / Connectivity Options

What if a PSP player could control Otacon's droid in the next MGS?
Whats wrong with using a PS3 control? Same deal for Gamecube and the DS, nothing exciting has happened so far and theyve been going on for some time.

But yeah, good point. The options are there if they need to be taken.

Reason #7: You Can Still Pre-Order

This isnt even a good reason why you should wait for PS3. roll eyes (sarcastic)
You could have preordered an Xbox too.
With a release date of just under a year away, the PS3 still lets you do this. The Xbox 360, on the other hand, does not. Who needs to preorder a 360 when you could go and buy one from the shop? Ok big deal about the shortage of supplies, but give it say 2 months and everyone will be able to buy one.

Reason #6: Seven-Player Wireless Support

Cool, invite some buddies over, play 7 player. Wireless isnt counted in this argument, 360 has wireless controls too.

Xbox has Xbox Live though, play multiplayer against some 32 players in Perfect Dark, possibly more in different games. And you dont need anything new to use it, jump into your Xbox account and play straight away.

Reason #5: The HD IP Camera

The EyeToy is one of the all-time most successful peripherals released for a console

Make some wothwhile things to use it for and maybe Ill be impressed. My cousin has an eyetoy, and for some reason, dancing in front of the tv doesnt appeal to me that much.

Reason #4: Full Backwards Compatibility

Yeah, thats good. Save throwing out all the old games. But why would I bother spending money on a PS3 if I wanted to play PS1 games?

The 360 compatibilty list has some 200 games already, that'll grow by the time PS3 comes out anyway.

Reason #3: Stronger Japanese Developer Support

No complaints here, some of the best RPGs come from Japan. Xbox's downfall. ALthough there are good Japanese games coming out for 360. Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Ninety-Nine Nights. Granted I dont even know what the hell the first two are, but from seeing Ninety Nine Nights, Im excited.

Reason #2: Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Strong good point. But by the time it comes out, more games will have been released for 360. Gears of War? Halo 3?

Reason #1: The Blu-ray Player

We're talking 50GB+ of storage space here, more than 5x the space than the 360's DVD format can muster.

If you can use up 50gb on a blu ray for a single game, then Ill be impressed.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 10:07 AM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

(To slow to edit into previous post)

Originally posted by Wolf Dog
It's going to have a PC desktop like startup menu.

Along with playable games, rippable CDs and playback movies ready at launch, the Xbox 360 enables players to customize their MPEG music sticks with perfectly designed playlists in addition to connecting to Microsoft's Media Center for a more complete media sensation. Stream music from your iPod and synch it with images from your last holiday vacation. Play music to the Jeff Mintner visual synchronizer and customize the desktop with themes and gamer tiles and have fun doing it. Expect Sony to copy much of Microsoft's innovations.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 10:26 AM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

What an immense pile of shit.

Why is the man becoming orgasmic that you can play PS1 games on it.

'Just imagine...'

It's hardly a stretch of the imagination.

Overhyped bullshit.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 01:20 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Funny how they have a pop at the 360 for hyping Halo then go on to list an unreleased, unfinished, unplayed game as a reason to buy the PS3.

It's working though, because people here are already saying "Ooooh I saw the TRAILER...looks amazing. Looks amazing from THAT PICTURE."

To quote Mist:

"But the games listed for PS3 are same old, same old. PD:0 is a new game for Xbox. Dont playstation owners get tired of the same old games rehashed with new graphics?"

The answer is no, they do not. Hence why they will pay £40 for God of War sequels and another Devil May Cry.

EyeToy is cited as a reason for it being great. Let no one speak of the word "Kiddy" again. It's more kiddy to stand there dancing like an appendage than sitting there playing MarioKart, which is a genuinely fun game.

As Victor said, what's the big deal that you can play PS1 games? We're meant to be moving forward, not back. Though of course the sheep will actually boot up Tunnel B1, Ridge Racer, Descent or Tekken 1 and start saying "Oh this console rules!". It happened with PS2, I remember. "This will make your PS1 games have smoother graphics." I loaded one...there was NO difference. Of course you had excited Sony fans going "Oh man! WAY smoother!" It's not is it?

Both Xbox AND Microsoft are getting props, not for going forward or innovating but for going back, for having DVD capability and stuff. Don't go around saying it's a mad console because it does all this other stuff. If the games are shit, it's not mad.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 01:29 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

I agree with all of Mist's points, AC's too. That top 10 list was bullshit. I'll wait a few more months before I make any decisions. I'm not a PlayStation fanboy, I'm not an XBox fanboy, or even a Nintendo fanboy. I play all of the systems, whichever one has the better games is the one I will be using the most often.

I just find it hilarious how there are people overhyping the systems and getting into arguments over which system is better even though 2, count them...TWO of the next gen systems aren't out yet. roll eyes (sarcastic)

The Revolution has yet to show ANYTHING about their graphics, Sony has shown us prerendered cutscenes and a few screenies. They might be better than XBox, but we don't know that yet. You can say all you want with the specs for the systems, but there is nothing in your hands to prove to me which system will work and which will fail.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 02:10 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

And people raise it as a negative that Nintendo don't try to compete with them.

They don't need to. It's pointless.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 02:49 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote