KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Just bought a Nintendo DS...

Just bought a Nintendo DS...
Started by: mattador

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NightWriter
Seeker of Inspiration

Smile Just bought a Nintendo DS...

I got a used one at Blockbuster for about 100 bucks and I must say, very impressive yes The only thing that has pissed me off so far is that it is suppose to come with the Metriod Prime Hunters demo but the Cashier said he was all out sad So right now im playing my old GB games on it erm

I have a question to anyone who has a DS already since mine didn't come with a manual: How exactly does the Wi-Fi work? Is it like when you get a couple of them together it automatically picks up the signal and all out the sudden they are networked? If anyone one can help me it will be much appreciated smile

Old Post Nov 26th, 2005 12:11 AM
NightWriter is currently offline Click here to Send NightWriter a Private Message Find more posts by NightWriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Null

Old Post Nov 26th, 2005 12:33 AM
Null is currently offline Find more posts by Null Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NightWriter
Seeker of Inspiration

Wow, more complicated than I originally thought erm

Old Post Nov 26th, 2005 12:40 AM
NightWriter is currently offline Click here to Send NightWriter a Private Message Find more posts by NightWriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Null

quote: (post)
Originally posted by mattador
Wow, more complicated than I originally thought erm

yes

Old Post Nov 26th, 2005 12:42 AM
Null is currently offline Find more posts by Null Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NightWriter
Seeker of Inspiration

Appreciate the link you gave yes

Old Post Nov 26th, 2005 01:09 AM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Re: Just bought a Nintendo DS...

How exactly does the Wi-Fi work? Is it like when you get a couple of them together it automatically picks up the signal and all out the sudden they are networked? If anyone one can help me it will be much appreciated smile
the immediate area wifi is simplistic and does pick up DS's in the immediate area..(the DS has to be in search mode naturally.. like how it searches for others in 'picto chat') but cross country Wi-Fi is something you have to set up with a wireless router

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Nov 26th, 2005 01:12 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NightWriter
Seeker of Inspiration

Re: Re: Just bought a Nintendo DS...

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
the immediate area wifi is simplistic and does pick up DS's in the immediate area..(the DS has to be in search mode naturally.. like how it searches for others in 'picto chat')

Now how do you activate "search mode"? Or is it on all the time? confused

Old Post Nov 26th, 2005 01:15 AM
Refused
Iconoclast

You need a Wifi enabled game. You can only do it through the game. Hope you have as much fun with your DS as i do. smile

Old Post Nov 26th, 2005 03:38 AM
Refused is currently offline Click here to Send Refused a Private Message Find more posts by Refused Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Didn't seem complicated at all to me... actually rather simplistic messed

Old Post Nov 26th, 2005 04:25 AM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Refused
Iconoclast

Yah, i know, it was the simplest thing ever. messed
Can't wait til '06 when supposedly, Mario Kart DS will get an update that enables mic support.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2005 05:42 AM
Refused is currently offline Click here to Send Refused a Private Message Find more posts by Refused Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Null

Now that you have a Ds..get these http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f66/t374603.html

Old Post Nov 26th, 2005 06:03 AM
NightWriter
Seeker of Inspiration

What, you mean Meteos? Im not a puzzle guy erm Im looking for a good DS game at the moment that fits me but have been unsuccessful.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2005 02:42 PM
Null

What, you mean Meteos? Im not a puzzle guy erm Im looking for a good DS game at the moment that fits me but have been unsuccessful.

thats not the only thing in the link....there is jump super stars, Sonic Rush, T under the knife,wario ware,mario 64 ds, mario kart Ds, and more.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2005 03:04 PM
NightWriter
Seeker of Inspiration

Originally posted by TwisterGameX
thats not the only thing in the link....there is jump super stars, Sonic Rush, T under the knife,wario ware,mario 64 ds, mario kart Ds, and more.

Hmmm, any action/adventure games for the DS so far?

Old Post Nov 26th, 2005 03:05 PM
Spartan005

I'd suggest getting Mario DS, it shows off the system's graphics and has great gameplay

Thanks Vinny!

Old Post Nov 26th, 2005 03:48 PM
Spartan005 is currently offline Click here to Send Spartan005 a Private Message Find more posts by Spartan005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NightWriter
Seeker of Inspiration

Originally posted by Spartan005
I'd suggest getting Mario DS, it shows off the system's graphics and has great gameplay

Thanks, i'll check it out smile

Old Post Nov 26th, 2005 03:59 PM
HigH ScholaR

http://ds.ign.com/index/reviews.html

try taht link for a list of reviewed games, theres more names will be displayed if you select the letter or search by genre

Old Post Nov 26th, 2005 05:42 PM
HigH ScholaR is currently offline Click here to Send HigH ScholaR a Private Message Find more posts by HigH ScholaR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Re: Re: Re: Just bought a Nintendo DS...

Now how do you activate "search mode"? Or is it on all the time? confused
well say if you and a friend want to play a game of mario kart... (if you only have mario kart).. you'd go to multiplayer > simple (single cart play) , your ds will begin searching... your friend (or friends) would have to at this point be at the ds startup menu, in the 'download play' menu .. where his ds would start searching

they should detect one another after that, and uploading data to your friend or friends should begin

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Nov 27th, 2005 01:43 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NightWriter
Seeker of Inspiration

Re: Re: Re: Re: Just bought a Nintendo DS...

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
well say if you and a friend want to play a game of mario kart... (if you only have mario kart).. you'd go to multiplayer > simple (single cart play) , your ds will begin searching... your friend (or friends) would have to at this point be at the ds startup menu, in the 'download play' menu .. where his ds would start searching

they should detect one another after that, and uploading data to your friend or friends should begin

lol, thats ironic. I just bought Mario Kart DS last night. That along with Metriod Zero Mission for the GBA slot big grin Im enjoying both. Thanks for the info yes

Old Post Nov 27th, 2005 04:31 PM
darth_royke

just got one 2day, mario kart is awesome. got advance wars too, i wanna play it... but mario karts is just so... so... lovelybig grinbig grinbig grinbig grin

Old Post Nov 28th, 2005 03:34 PM
darth_royke is currently offline Click here to Send darth_royke a Private Message Find more posts by darth_royke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote