KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » video games

video games
Started by: BackFire

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

video games

im sure alot of you play video games. what games are you currently playing to those who like games. and what games are your all time favorites? i currently playing unreal tournement 2003, neverwinter nights, kingdom hearts, and final fantasy 10. and some of my favorite games are final fantasy 3 for supernintendo. Doom 2. Starcraft, warcraft 3, silent hill, medal gear solid, chrono trigger, counterstrike, final fantasy 9, resident evil, super mario 64. zelda, donkey kong. just to name a few.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2002 09:12 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Neverwinter Nights is getting s whole lot of play from me, doubly so now I finally have a second cd-key so I can play it with a friends (and making keys prevent play over LANs is the stupidest thing ever).

But the big game of the moment for me is Medieval: Total War.

Obviously, though, any game from Blizzard is an absolute classic...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 4th, 2002 09:17 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

hmm, I'm cutting back on my games at the moment, doing some other things now. But I'm still playing Fifa and Collin McRae II
Planing to cut further down on my computer addiction

Old Post Oct 4th, 2002 09:24 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

medievil is good huh? ive been wanting to buy that. it looks like a combination of civilization 3 and shogun total war.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2002 09:31 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

best civi out is still #2 imo

Old Post Oct 4th, 2002 09:34 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I don't have any new games I'd wanna play. Age of Empires (Gold Edition; comes with Rise of Rome Expansion) and...that's pretty much it. I play SSX Tricky at my friend's house, and I rented Turok: Evolution previously (cool game IMO)

Old Post Oct 4th, 2002 09:36 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It's the sequel to Shogun, so little surprise there! Both tactical and campaign modes have been massively expanded; 12 seperate nationalities under three religions each with their own unit trees.

Sequel-wise it is perfect- building on everything that was great about Shogun and improving it, mkaing more of it, and expanding it. Up to 26000 men in one battle now, when running at full pelt! And there is SO much more to the campaign mode than before that it is hard to list!

But if you didn't like Shogun you won't like this.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 4th, 2002 09:36 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

i never played shogun. but it looked cool how huge the battles were.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2002 09:37 PM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

ah, videogames. it's what makes life worth living.
today SuperMarioSunshine had europe-release so naturally I've bought that and am playing that like a maniac now. superb..ahhh, mecha-bowser! also playing Resident Evil (GC)

all time favourites: Legend of Zelda: A link to the Past, Mario64, Perfect Dark, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, WaveRace, StarCraft.
Looking most forward to: MetroidPrime, Timesplitters2, Legend of Zelda GC, Animal Crossing, PhantasyStarOnline

Old Post Oct 4th, 2002 09:37 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

mario sunshine is great. im buying a gamecube just for that pretty much. and metroid and zelda and the resident evil games of course.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2002 09:39 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Hey- how is Sunshine, Mah?

Shogun was a little deficient campaign wise, and the tactical battles were great but it was a shame that everyone had the same units, until the Mongol expansion came along. In Medieval there are SO many units it is impossible to remember them all, from Highland Clansmen to Bedouin Camel Warriors to Byzantine Cavalry to Knights Templar! It also now has full-on sieges with trebuchets and cannons and so on... ah, it's great...

BtVS

Old Post Oct 4th, 2002 09:39 PM
yerssot

anyone has a gba here?

Old Post Oct 4th, 2002 09:41 PM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

quote:
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Hey- how is Sunshine, Mah?

it's as great as one could wish. its not as revolutionary as mario64, more of an evolution. nice with the water backpack that can be a weapon, make you hover, rocket etc. plus; it's got these sub-levels you get into every now and then with total old-school gameplay, no waterbackpack, just jumping. and YOSHI.
it's tropical fun at its best!

Old Post Oct 4th, 2002 09:42 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

and to think I played Mario on the NES... I feel old!

anywayz... I challange y'all for a NES game stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 4th, 2002 09:44 PM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

only negative thing about Sunshine is that the camera can be a bit difficult at times

Old Post Oct 4th, 2002 09:46 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ah, Yoshi is the dude... I wish I had a friend to borrow the latest Nintendo console off, but the only one I have who likes consoles stopped halfway through the life of the N64.

BtVS

Old Post Oct 4th, 2002 09:47 PM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

you could always borrow mine stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 4th, 2002 09:48 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I wish!

BtVS

Old Post Oct 4th, 2002 09:58 PM
Tex
Yumsz

The Mario Sunshine camera did get on my nerves. Especially when your jumping from place to place, while shooting at stuff, it can be impossible to get a clear view. It does help that they put Marios shadow infront of things when the view is obstructed.
Last level I got to before returning it to Blockbuster was the theme park.

I am now playing StarFox Adventures! Amazing story, graphics, really loveable characters.

All time fav game: Goldeneye 007 N64

Old Post Oct 4th, 2002 10:54 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Goldeneye was pretty good. Like it more than World is Not Enough anyway.

My alltime favs are: StarFox64, Mario64, LegendOfZelda:OcarinaOfTime, Turok:Evolution, RogueLeader, & SuperSmashBrosMelee.

Waiting for: StarWars:BountyHunter & MetroidPrime

Mah--Waitin for AnimalCrossing? Haha! It's already out here.

Yerss--My little bro has a GBA

Old Post Oct 4th, 2002 11:23 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote