KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » The Perfect Game

The Perfect Game
Started by: Neo Darkhalen

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Question The Perfect Game

What do you believe to be the perfect game, past or present, we all have favorite games, but as we all know, some games are better then others, this thread is to find out what you think is the perfect game? for me it has to be the sublime Super Mario Galaxy, it does everything you expect, it offers playability to hardcore as well as casual gamers, something rarely seen in the game industry as well as a perfect control scheme, and beautiful creative areas and characters, not to mention outstanding bosses, topped with atmospheric and often beautiful melody's, I have tried to find fault with this game yet I cannot; for me SMG encompasses everything a game should be and more, also giving that added depth and replay value to keep many a gamer happy, this is just my view however, so what do you guys and gals think, what is and what makes the perfect game?

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 12:12 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Would agree except for two bloody purple coin challenges that were way to annoying for me (the Luigi-map one, and one on rails where you jump upsidedown, and a weird left wall climb thingy where the controls didn't make sense).

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 12:17 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Ahh yes those ones, I will admit the purple coin challenges can be frustrating.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 12:23 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Halo 3

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 12:36 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Halo 3

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

The perfect game? Zelda: OoT is the closest to being perfect ever. Closest in the last 10 years is Mario Galaxy IMO.

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Last edited by ((The_Anomaly)) on Jan 5th, 2008 at 06:13 PM

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 06:09 PM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

there is not a perfect game but i enjoy the Half life series as a whole, although Episode 1 was not as great the original and Episode 2 are great games and together perhaps make some of the most successful and technically perhaps highest rated (by various gaming magazines) games ever to excist

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 06:24 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Every game has flaws. It's impossible to be a perfect game.

In my opinion, the bosses in SMG are not very good. The water levels are kinda of annoying.

There is always going to be flaws.

My favourite game of all time is Half Life and it will be for the rest of my life but I know I can find something that annoyed me, especially the last two levels and a pretty bad boss.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 07:43 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Furion
Restricted

Account Restricted

FF7

I'm here to kick ass and play videogames....and I'm all out of ass.
Thanks amity75 for the sig

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 07:53 PM
Furion is currently offline Click here to Send Furion a Private Message Find more posts by Furion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Ahh but you choose to seek out and exploit those flaws, you are right every game has a flaw, it is you who decides to dismiss or pick up on that, the perfect game for people is the game that people have the most fun on, who can play it for ages, those who really enjoy what they are playing, for instance I find Timesplitters 2 and 3 better games then Gears of War, I find them much more fun and entertaining then GOW, however they do have bugs, I just ignore them and get on with the game.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 07:59 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

That's not what perfect means.

Perfect means that it has no flaws at all.

What your saying is that Super Mario Galaxy is your favourite game of all time. A bit of a difference.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 09:34 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Actually its not, that is just for fans.

Mine is Timesplitters Future perfect or Megaman powered up.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 09:36 PM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

What? Don't laugh mad

The boss was epic. Who knew fighting a floating, annoying ball could be so epic and fun.

And it shot it's LAZRE BEAMZ at you, too.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 10:50 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Super Mario Galaxy, Zelda: OoT, & Metroid Prime are the closest we will ever get to perfection.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 11:34 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

I like that rostar, maybe brawl will be added, I would put Megaman powered up on there as well.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 11:37 PM
MadMel
Heh

Originally posted by ESB -1138
Super Mario Galaxy, Zelda: OoT, & Metroid Prime are the closest we will ever get to perfection.

well whaddayou know, all nintendo games big grin

Old Post Jan 6th, 2008 12:19 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Of course, this is ESB we are talking about.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2008 12:20 AM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Originally posted by MadMel
well whaddayou know, all nintendo games big grin

Well I played many Sega, Sony, and Microsoft games and really haven't found a game from that rooster that could be considered perfect (and I'm just going with the N64 & up because the good old 8-16 bit days would have a few more).

The closet I can find for Sega is NiGTS into Dreams (Saturn), for Sony I would say Shadows of the Colossus (PS2) and for Microsoft it would be Gears of War (360) but Nintendo is known for delivering the best games ever as they will (and everyone knows that by now) delay a game to improve it. Zelda: OoT was suppose to be a launch title game but it was delayed, Twilight Princess was delayed, Metroid Prime was delaye, Mario Sunshine was delayed, Mario Galaxy was delayed, Metroid Prime 3 was delayed, Super Smash Bros Brawl delayed and I can go on and on.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2008 01:17 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Not ever played a perfect game. Galaxies is damn close, though it has some camera issues that cause problems.

Bioshock is very close as well, though the game drops in quality towards the end, and the boss fight was rather generic and disappointing.

And Final Fantasy VI, though yes, it has flaws that are quite apparent and obvious now 13 years after its release, at the time of it's release it was as perfect a game could be.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2008 01:48 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I totally agree with you on that assessment on Bioshock.

If they ended, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: when Ryan dies, or atleast right after Ryan dies, I would think that the game would of been better off. After that incident, the game goes downhill because it's just more of the same.

In my opinion, one of the perfect games I've played was Half Life 2, or Half Life, but I still dont think that they're perfect. One has a bad ending, and other the one has average human AI (but awesome creature AI)

Old Post Jan 6th, 2008 05:48 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Yeah, forgot about the Half Life games, though really, I'd say Episode 2 is the closest to perfection that the series has come, that game is astonishing and I can't think of a single flaw off the top of my head (except maybe length, but I think that's an unfair complaint as it's an episodic game, and not meant to be a full one).

Old Post Jan 6th, 2008 10:53 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote