KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Which is better Console or PC ?

Which is better Console or PC ?
Started by: coolmovies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
coolmovies

Which is better Console or PC ?

Is it better playing games on a console or on a PC ?? Games consoles have been coming out for years and the only new change for a pc is the windows (e.g xp vista)

Old Post Jan 6th, 2008 05:50 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

You have opened a can of nitroglycerin worms.

I think I should point out right now that if this thread devolves into flaming, it will be closed. Everyone play nice.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2008 06:08 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Both.

I love playing on my PC, I find that the PC games I play are more rewarding than anything on the console, but it has its limitations (price, and some games just dont work on the PC)

Console, has alot of games, relatively inexpensive (unless you want to go HD), and has a ton of great games.

Both have thier advantages and disadvantages. Both are great.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2008 06:16 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

with a console i dont need to constantly keep my system upgraded or worry if my system specs will support the games software. I can also rent games. These two aspects alone make consoles more accessible and appealing to me.

Especially with the advent of online capabilities in the console world. I can acquire patches, specials and online competitiveness that used to be only available on PC's. The only edge i think PC gaming has over consoles anymore is the graphics (and this is relative most times anymore) and streamlined online capabilities. With the exception of few games, i really dont see that much of a glaring difference in graphics between consoles and PC's. Im sure this is because the 360 and PS3 hardware is relatively new. In a another year or two, im sure PC will be far beyond the 360 and PS3 capabilities, but by then there will be a new sony and microsoft system out.

Personally, i am solely an adventure, Fps, sports gamer. The very best games in these genre's are usually always found on the consoles anyway. I have no use for PC gaming...,and i have a mac now, so i couldnt go back to computer gaming if i wanted to. One other point, it always felt like a chore playing games on my PC, it was always an event and i always had to worry about lag because i couldnt afford a super computer

Last edited by jinXed by JaNx on Jan 6th, 2008 at 06:23 PM

Old Post Jan 6th, 2008 06:19 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

If you want to be able to play all sorts of weird stuff in your games via mods and patches, would like to play games that usually have large servers (A lot of PC games have like 50+ players at one time.) and great graphics, yet are willing to spend literally thousands of dollars just to play games, go for the PC.

If you want to be able to just buy your game and play, at the cost of graphics (Console graphics are good but not s good as souped up computer graphics.) and versatility, then go for the Console.

Nowadays consoles are for the casual gamer.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2008 06:19 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

I don't know if one is better then another, I will admit right away that I doesn't own a Console because I have never seen the need for one the Games that I want to play is buyable in a PC version.

And upgrading to a newer computer can be expensive, however I'm under the impression that it is just as expensive to have a console, in my country the PC-games for instance is cheaper then console versions.

But IMO it depends on what kind of gamer you are, and what fascinates you.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2008 07:01 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

You dont need to spend thousands of dollars on a machine.

Yesh, over dramatic arent we?

You can easily by a great system for 1000 bucks nowadays. Maybe, a bit more if you have to buy a complete system from the ground up but once you get that, you can just upgrade whenever you need too.

Considering RAM, videocards and processers are getting cheap, its not that much of a difference. People though use extreme examples of why console is cheaper but not everybody wants, or needs an quad core 3ghz, 4 gb or ram, 2 videocards to play games. In two years, you'll see that medium quality graphics in most PC games will look alot better than the consoles.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2008 07:12 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

The games are much cheaper on PC plus i can do other work on a PC e.g office work or surfing. Console is only for playing games. Are the graphics for a PC game good as the xbox 360 ?? I think a good PC needs a good graphics card right ?

Old Post Jan 6th, 2008 07:24 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
You dont need to spend thousands of dollars on a machine.

Yesh, over dramatic arent we?

I spent 1900 bucks to fully upgrade my computer erm

Old Post Jan 6th, 2008 07:47 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Furion
Restricted

Account Restricted

PCs pwn Consoles for 1 reason: Games like Star Craft, War Craft and other games like that. oh and WoW >>>>>>>>>>>> Every Multiplayer Console game.

I'm here to kick ass and play videogames....and I'm all out of ass.
Thanks amity75 for the sig

Old Post Jan 6th, 2008 07:53 PM
Furion is currently offline Click here to Send Furion a Private Message Find more posts by Furion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk

To upgrade it yes. But how long will it then take before you need to upgrade it again... I have had a old computer until recently, I only bought a graphic card and that computer I used for four years, it's about how high level of detail you want, I on my part is perfectly happy with medium settings 1024x768, that fine by me. But if the highest level of detail constantly is required to get pleasure from playing a game then I have no doubt that PC is the most expensive.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2008 07:54 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Furion
PCs pwn Consoles for 1 reason: Games like Star Craft, War Craft and other games like that. oh and WoW >>>>>>>>>>>> Every Multiplayer Console game.

WoW is one of the worst video games I have ever played in my life, wtf are you talking about?

The only game on your list i like is Starcraft. tis' were my own username comes from.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2008 07:59 PM
Furion
Restricted

Account Restricted

WoW is where the noobs live. Noobs = Great Game. WoW >>>>>>>> All other Multigames.

I'm here to kick ass and play videogames....and I'm all out of ass.
Thanks amity75 for the sig

Old Post Jan 6th, 2008 08:18 PM
Furion is currently offline Click here to Send Furion a Private Message Find more posts by Furion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

this thread has an obvious answer...cash

if your on a fairly low paid job, dont get much cash flow, the Consoles are an obvious and fairly good piece of hardware

but if youve got the cash then a PC can beat a console in alsmost every way, speed, capabilities, uses etc etc, for gaming PC if youve got the cash, overall PC is better by far, cash or not but yeh

imo a lot of the best games come on PC in the end anyway and often with additions

Old Post Jan 6th, 2008 08:51 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk

Yeah, well you dont need to.

I'm spending a shitload because I want too.

But if you live in the States, you can easily upgrade a computer, or fully build one for $1100. According to PC gamer, an e6700 Duo, 2gb of ddr-800, 250GB HD, and a 8800 GTX 768MB videocard is $1166.

That's a sweet system and can play any PC game on high settings outside of Crysis.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2008 08:54 PM
Utrigita

Originally posted by Smasandian
But if you live in the States, you can easily upgrade a computer, or fully build one for $1100. According to PC gamer, an e6700 Duo, 2gb of ddr-800, 250GB HD, and a 8800 GTX 768MB videocard is $1166.

That's a sweet system and can play any PC game on high settings outside of Crysis.

Impressive setup, what about the Ram what company produce them, kingston Corsair??? and what motherboard

Old Post Jan 6th, 2008 08:57 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Re: Which is better Console or PC ?

Originally posted by coolmovies
Is it better playing games on a console or on a PC ?? Games consoles have been coming out for years and the only new change for a pc is the windows (e.g xp vista)

Consoles can't get viruses so that's a plus for consoles.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2008 09:02 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Corsair Ram, and Asus P5N-E SLI, onboard audio though.

My system that I'm looking to get built from a local shop is probalby going to have, or in the area of.

Intel QX9650, Antec Nine Hundred Case, X-Fi Extreme (hate onboard audio), OCZ DDR-2 PC2-6400 Reaper Edition, ASUS SKT. 775 NF 680I, OCZ GameXStream (or Pro) 700W, WD Digital Raptor 150GB, and 250GB 7,200 HD, and 2 BFG's 8800 GT's 512MB, or if they dont have them in for awhile, 2 BGG's 8800 GTS 512MB and Vista Premium 64Bit Edition.

Somewhere in that area. I'm not too good with Mobo's so I dont know if that one is going to be alright with it, probably ask to see if it will be good, but overall with tax $3300 (without system fee)

Old Post Jan 6th, 2008 09:06 PM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Which is better Console or PC ?

Originally posted by ESB -1138
Consoles can't get viruses so that's a plus for consoles.

not really, i mean they can sorta get viruses, they can break, they can still go wrong, design flaws and what not, their still a system, although simple system, they can break and are often better to buy a new one if your old one breaks coz their not the best to fix

Old Post Jan 6th, 2008 09:07 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

PC.

Better graphics, sound, upgrade possibilities, cheating, copying, selection of pads/joystick, online code etc..

Plus you can do other things on a PC as well.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2008 09:08 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote