KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Dead Space Extraction

Dead Space Extraction
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Dead Space Extraction

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/02/18/e...ming-this-fall/

For all you Dead Space fans, EA is finally making a new one. But there's only one problem: IT'S A WII EXCLUSIVE!! WTH?

The game is a prequel to the first Dead Space and will be out this fall.

I officialy hate EA and Nintendo for this.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 12:33 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

If its a prequel and on the same ship...Does that mean you die at the end of this game?

Though I'm going to get it. I liked the 360 game hopefully this will be good also.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 07:43 AM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

This has to be one of the worst decisions i've ever heard (if it's true). There is nothing about this that makes any sense. Firstly, the Wi does not cater to mature gamers. Dead Space is a very mature game. Dead Space didn't release for the Wi so why would you release a prequel to dead Space exclusively to a console that didn't see the original? Lastly, they already told this goddamn story in the animated movie. Again, nothing about this makes any sense.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 08:55 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Just because the Wii doesn't cater almost exclusively to 'mature' gamers (my experience is that those that call themselves mature gamers are nothing of the sort) doesn't mean that there's not people who own Wiis who would be interested in this.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 05:29 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Peach
Just because the Wii doesn't cater almost exclusively to 'mature' gamers (my experience is that those that call themselves mature gamers are nothing of the sort) doesn't mean that there's not people who own Wiis who would be interested in this.

I concur.

I have a Wii, and was disappointed that I didn't have a console to play the original Dead Space on.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 05:45 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Besides what's wrong with Wii getting M rated games? Not that M rated makes a game automatically better but its not like Nintendo can't have them.

I just hope the game plays well.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 05:54 PM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

And it's not exactly like there are no other M-rated games on the Wii to begin with.

Honestly, the complaints just sound like whiny anti-Nintendo fanboys to me.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 06:13 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Well I won't get to play it, which sucks. sad

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 08:18 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

The first Dead Space is multiplatform but its prequel is a Wii exclusive. Where the hell is EA going with this? It's just giving us more reasons why Nintendo should get it's arse kicked for having companies making games only for their stupid console. We've been waiting for a new Dead Space game and EA gives us this? What a bunch of Nintendo ass kissers.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 11:13 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Well I won't get to play it, which sucks. sad

You could always... y'know, buy a Wii.

If it's really that big of a deal.

Originally posted by Nemesis X
The first Dead Space is multiplatform but its prequel is a Wii exclusive. Where the hell is EA going with this? It's just giving us more reasons why Nintendo should get it's arse kicked for having companies making games only for their stupid console. We've been waiting for a new Dead Space game and EA gives us this? What a bunch of Nintendo ass kissers.

Do you even understand how game deals work? EA most likely approached Nintendo with the idea, not the other way around. They're looking for money from the Wii market.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 11:29 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

And why not from the Xbox or Playstation market? What the heck is so special about the Wii?

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 11:36 PM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Originally posted by Nemesis X
And why not from the Xbox or Playstation market? What the heck is so special about the Wii?

Because it's another market, alongside but not quite competing with the 360/PS3 market. They can get more money from catering to both, and lose less by using an existing IP for a new game.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 11:38 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Might have a reason to dust off my Wii finally.

probably not, but it's nice to hope.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 11:38 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by General Kaliero
Because it's another market, alongside but not quite competing with the 360/PS3 market. They can get more money from catering to both, and lose less by using an existing IP for a new game.

They would get more money if they made Extraction for the consoles that are beating the Wii.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 11:42 PM
BackFire

Isn't Wii the the number one system this generation?

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 11:43 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by BackFire
Isn't Wii the the number one system this generation?

Bull! The Wii is not number one and never will be. It's a console with crappy last gen graphics and some of its controls are irritating.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 11:46 PM
BackFire

Well, as far as sales go, it is number one - factually.

And that's what matters in the end, they can get their game out to a huge number of potential customers.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 11:48 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by BackFire
Well, as far as sales go, it is number one - factually.

And that's what matters in the end, they can get their game out to a huge number of potential customers.

At least the 360 and PS3 are having higher sales on their games unlike the Wii's.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 11:53 PM
BackFire

That's because 90% of Wii games are awful little gimmick shitstrings.

A good game will sell well for the Wii. EA knows this.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 11:55 PM
Peach
mordrem

However, that does not change the fact that the Wii has sold more consoles than both the PS3 and 360, despite the fact that it was not created to directly compete with the other two systems but rather was made to hit a different market.

If EA wants to tap into that market, then they have the right to do whatever they want with their games. They think they can make money selling a game exclusively on the Wii. Chances are, they are correct. When Nintendo has a hit, it has a hit, simple as that.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 11:57 PM