KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Alpha Protocol

Alpha Protocol
Started by: Wei Phoenix

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Alpha Protocol

Did a search, didn't find a topic on it. Anyone get the game, anyone thinking about trying it? I bought the game last week and I love it, not the best game out but certainly good. Minor glitches, none are game breaking and some of the weapons and armor doesn't fully render at first. The gameplay and story makes up for all of that although it's pretty short if you play like 5 hours a day.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Jun 12th, 2010 03:55 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

No plans on getting it.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2010 04:23 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Didn't like it... Gameplay drove me up a wall... Terrible voice work (why the hell does Mike sound so bored all the time)... Every character annoyed the hell out of me... gaping plot holes within the first half of the story (Mike felt far too trusting)... Thus far, Obsidian has failed to impress me.

The only things I liked about it was the AP system and the choice system. Beyond that, I felt the game was a MASSIVE waste of money...

Old Post Jun 13th, 2010 06:30 AM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

And the cut scenes fail after a battle from what i've seem.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2010 06:39 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Not to mention his humorous sneaking animation, simply bending over slightly.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2010 05:09 PM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OTNEMEM
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm not a particularly big Western RPG fan but I've always thought that Obsidian Entertainment are really underrated. They were the best WRPG developer back when they were at Black Isle Studios, and I still think they're the current best WRPG developer as Obsidian.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2010 05:27 PM
OTNEMEM is currently offline Click here to Send OTNEMEM a Private Message Find more posts by OTNEMEM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Keyword were. This game to me feels rushed.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2010 05:46 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OTNEMEM
Restricted

Account Restricted

Currently as well. With the exception of Bioshock and Bioshock 2 which can't even be said to strictly be RPGs, KOTOR 2 and NWN 2 have been the best WRPGs this generation. Vastly superior to Bioware's and Bethesda's offerings (KOTOR 2 especially).

Old Post Jun 13th, 2010 06:13 PM
OTNEMEM is currently offline Click here to Send OTNEMEM a Private Message Find more posts by OTNEMEM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

it doesn't take much to be better than imcomplete game like KOTOR2

Old Post Jun 13th, 2010 06:19 PM
OTNEMEM
Restricted

Account Restricted

?!?!

Old Post Jun 13th, 2010 06:26 PM
Peach
mordrem

KOTOR2? Are you joking?

That game was terrible, and it wasn't just the incomplete state that made it so. Inferior to the first in every way.

I'm no Bioware/Bethesda fan, but they are certainly far superior to Obsidian.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jun 13th, 2010 06:28 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

only watched the videos. im not interested

Old Post Jun 13th, 2010 06:30 PM
chomperx9 is currently offline Click here to Send chomperx9 a Private Message Find more posts by chomperx9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Phanteros
Keyword were. This game to me feels rushed.

Which is funny, because it was delayed a year.

Anyway, I had little interest in it before, and what I've heard from people who have played it now, my interest in it has turned into "warn people away from this game".

Old Post Jun 13th, 2010 06:34 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Peach
and what I've heard from people who have played it now, my interest in it has turned into "warn people away from this game". [/B]
why is that ?

Old Post Jun 13th, 2010 06:57 PM
chomperx9 is currently offline Click here to Send chomperx9 a Private Message Find more posts by chomperx9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Go reread Mandrag Gannon's post, as well as Kazenji's post, in this thread, and I think you will see why. What they've said is extremely typical of what I've heard from others who have played it.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2010 06:59 PM
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

Go reread Mandrag Gannon's post, as well as Kazenji's post, in this thread, and I think you will see why. What they've said is extremely typical of what I've heard from others who have played it.
oh yeah i read them. thought you got some feedback in person over the game.

im not intrested in it for sure.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2010 07:02 PM
Shulk
Restricted

Account Restricted

KOTOR2? Are you joking?

That game was terrible, and it wasn't just the incomplete state that made it so. Inferior to the first in every way.

I'm no Bioware/Bethesda fan, but they are certainly far superior to Obsidian.

You mean aside from telling a vastly deeper, more complex and original story? Bioware's games may possess more polish and whatnot but there's no denying that Obsidian and individuals like Chris Avellone are vastly more talented storytellers.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2010 07:28 PM
Shulk is currently offline Click here to Send Shulk a Private Message Find more posts by Shulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

There was nothing deep, complex, nor original about KOTOR2's story...it was as shallow and juvenile as it can get, really.

Also, stop it with the socks already, it's getting old.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2010 07:48 PM
ONEX
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well look, as I said, it's not like I'm a huge fan of KotOR 2 and Obsidian or anything, and I really wouldn't say it was super deep or complex or original etc..., however to deny any of the above would be rdiculous. It told a philosophically deep (Kreia will routinely lecture the player on a number of philosophical matters), layered story (lots of dimensions to the story; conflicting motivations often operating at once in the story with events that change the way you look at a large portion of the game's events) with deep and intruiging characterisation (Kreia in particular, who's probably the most intruiging character to ever appear in a WRPG), and had an original and creative outlook on The Force and based an original story about it (Kreia's belief that the Galaxy would be a better place without it and her plan to use wounds in The Force to attempt to remove The Force from existence altogether). Everything that you've stated would apply to the first KotOR, not the second. It's by far the deepest, most complex work in the entire SW universe. The first is probably the more polished game, but the second tells a far superior story.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2010 08:17 AM
ONEX is currently offline Click here to Send ONEX a Private Message Find more posts by ONEX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ONEX
Restricted

Account Restricted

Neverwinter Nights 2 also vastly improved on the original in the storytelling department, and where Fallout 1 and 2 (developed by the same people when they were at Black Isle) were some of the best WRPGs ever made, Bethesda then went on to produce arguably one of the most useless games ever created in their sequel to the series. Fallout 1 and 2 featured a lot of freedom and open ended gameplay, but they balanced it with a focused story which is generally viewed to be one of the best WRPG stories there is; Fallout 3 on the other hand emphasised pointless exploration of the environment without a focused story to drive you through it. With Bioware it's arguable, but there's no doubting that Obsidian are vastly superior to Bethesda. Their extremely flawed design philosophy alone renders them one of the worst RPG developers I've ever come across.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2010 08:23 AM
ONEX is currently offline Click here to Send ONEX a Private Message Find more posts by ONEX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote