KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
Started by: Phanteros

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

gameplay

as the trailer stated its being created by Elder Scroll IV lead designer, R.A. Salvatore, and Todd McFarlane of Spawn fame.

Last edited by Phanteros on Apr 11th, 2011 at 10:33 PM

Old Post Apr 11th, 2011 10:30 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Old Post Apr 14th, 2011 10:27 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Honestly this is where the fable series should of went.

Last edited by Phanteros on Jun 7th, 2011 at 03:51 AM

Old Post Jun 7th, 2011 03:43 AM
ares834

I saw part of this on spike at first and actually thought it was the new Fable... Anyway it looks pretty impressive.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2011 03:52 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
I saw part of this on spike at first and actually thought it was the new Fable... Anyway it looks pretty impressive.
I get what you mean from the art style and clothing.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2011 04:02 AM
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Old Post Aug 16th, 2011 08:19 PM
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Old Post Sep 24th, 2011 05:04 PM
jinXed by JaNx

looks promising

Old Post Sep 24th, 2011 08:29 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2011 11:21 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Bankai.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2012 06:25 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Anyone tried the demo yet?

Gameplay was actually pretty good, but the demo itself had some...problems.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Jan 19th, 2012 02:37 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I initially played the demo just so I could get the Mass Effect armor, but I ended up enjoying it. I may get it for my brithday, we'll see.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2012 10:39 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

I've started finding this game to look pretty interesting with what I've looked at/read so far. The worst thing that an RPG combining both Action RPG elements and open-world RPG elements can have is a lack of polish on both ends. I haven't played the demo yet, so until then I can only really read others' feedback. Between this and the other upcoming RPG I find interesting, Dragon's Dogma, if either one ends up being half as good as Demon's/Dark Souls, I'll probably be satisfied. Thankfully, there's a three month gap between this game and Dragon's Dogma, so I shouldn't have to worry too much about having to choose based on a matter of money at the given time.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2012 10:44 PM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

game got a 9 from IGN. Looks like it buries fable into the ground.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2012 10:02 PM
NemeBro

Played the demo, liked it a lot, though granted one of the presets for the first race was Teddy Roosevelt, which is basically instant brownie points.

After I get Dark Souls, my eyes will be on this.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2012 07:48 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

^What about the Terry Crews one?

Old Post Feb 4th, 2012 01:10 PM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I didn't notice that.

That is also pretty epic.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2012 04:02 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Picking this up tomorrow. I'll let you guys know how it is. Hopefully most or all the bugs from the demo were done away with. That and the time limit were the only things that killed the demo for me.

Mainly the time limit, I didn't get many bugs, and the ones I did get usually went away when I left that area.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2012 06:13 PM
KingD19 is online now! Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

I didn't get any gameplay-killing bugs, but partway through the opening act, this pretty horrific audio glitch came up that muted most sounds, and even casued NPC-dialogue to skip in-game and go right to the choice responses. It was annoying, but I knew well-enough what it was I had to do, and it was pretty much the only bug I ran into. I'll give the game/demo the benefit of the doubt since I heard that the developers were supposedley forced to release this at the time they did.

That, and given the pretty solid reviews it has so far, the highest being a nine and overall average being in the 8-ish range, I'm pretty confident that even if the final game has something wrong, it's nothing that can't be patched. I'll have to give the demo a second go-through just to see if the problem returns, but I think I might have an idea of what caused it though--be it a couple of unintentional sequence-breaks or skipping too much. I'll be picking it up sooner or later, but probably not as soon as I'd hoped.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2012 06:23 AM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

I played the demo fives times all the way through. I never got that glitch. The only one I got was when the landscape stretched in places and became opaque as you walked through it. But like I said, it only lasted as long as I stayed in that area, and it never came above his legs.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2012 08:49 AM
KingD19 is online now! Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote