KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » XCOM: Enemy Unknown(Redux)

XCOM: Enemy Unknown(Redux)
Started by: Phanteros

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Phanteros
the Shade knight

XCOM: Enemy Unknown(Redux)

Old Post Mar 7th, 2012 11:21 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Dude, I think you already made this thread.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f66/t533988.html

Old Post Mar 8th, 2012 02:51 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

There are two XCOM games coming out this year

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Mar 8th, 2012 03:05 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jalek moye
There are two XCOM games coming out this year

Yeah one is a FPS and this one is more like the old games which i'll be staying clear from.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2012 03:27 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Yes, the old games were I think squad-based and base-defence RTS games. When the developers announced the reboot would be a 3rd-person shooter, a complete 180 in terms of gameplay the fans were ****ing pissed as all hell. Here is Spoony's hilariously over the top reaction to it at PAX:

The reaction was so bad they made the second game to appease the fans.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2012 03:44 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Whoops as soon as i saw the thread title I thought that it was the real time shooter that they were putting out. I am certainly going to get the RTS version of this thread. The video got me all hyped.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2012 07:14 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

So it's supposed to come out on September 1st 2012. I wonder if that huge alien than bursts through the window and smashes one of the human soldiers is of the Muton race? Speaking of which, I wonder if the Ethereals, Snakemen, Floaters and the other alien races as well as their terror weapons will be in this one? I hope that once you research the alien tech that you will be able to build fusion weapons, I used to love leveling entire crash sites with fusion bombs. I can't wait to get my hands on this game. What pulled me into the original was the low print run of games that were produced which made it a real sleeper. I recall there only being one copy of X-Com UFO defense at my local gaming store, and the thoughts of passing it up because I thought that it was just a crap title. I was so wrong.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2012 08:27 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Whoever else uses Steam they have alot of the old X-com games on special for the weekend.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2012 03:26 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Kazenji
Whoever else uses Steam they have alot of the old X-com games on special for the weekend.

I have an original PS1 X-Com UFO Defense that I play on my PS3. Unfortunately I lack the cash at the moment to buy any of the older X-Com games, but if I did I probably would buy the original Terror from the Deep title.

Last edited by Stoic on Mar 12th, 2012 at 05:53 AM

Old Post Mar 12th, 2012 05:48 AM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Yeah one is a FPS and this one is more like the old games which i'll be staying clear from.

Oh I'll be steering clear of the FPS one. I LOVED the original game and I'm insanely happy this game is coming.
When I found out about Xcom being a FPS it was Shadowrun all over again. I punched a freakin wall.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2012 11:59 AM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I suppose i could always give the old ones another go since i only played a demo back in the day and how the hell to play it.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2012 12:06 PM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

I suppose i could always give the old ones another go since i only played a demo back in the day and how the hell to play it.

To be honest just jump into the new one. The old one even though it had a great style and execution, was frustrating as heck. Very similar to Jagged Alliance. But harder. It also got monotonous after a while.

From what I've seen the new game seems to fix the originals flaws whilst retaining all the things that worked.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2012 04:59 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Looking forward to X-Com. Funny thing is, I saw BOTH trailers for X-Com games and is it just me or are both games completely different in terms of timeline/lore/look?

Old Post Mar 25th, 2012 11:27 AM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

a vid about Base building

Old Post May 22nd, 2012 12:56 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I hope the soldiers are stronger in this remake, God they were weak in the old games. One shot and they're dead and they're wearing all that armor erm

Old Post May 22nd, 2012 01:01 PM
Phanteros
the Shade knight

I hope the soldiers are stronger in this remake, God they were weak in the old games. One shot and they're dead and they're wearing all that armor erm
Well now you can upgrade their stats this time arounds so they aren't laughably weak.

Old Post May 22nd, 2012 01:13 PM
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Peter Cullen voice over.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2012 07:50 AM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Man, this looks really good. I think this is going to be a buy for me, which is terrible because I suck at TBS. laughing

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Aug 25th, 2012 08:12 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

I mastered the original game. And damn I'm hoping this corrects all the mistakes the past one made.

Part of XCOM was the soldiers being easily killable. Hence the alien invasion. It was your organizations objective to eventually turn them into super soldiers through tech, experience and psionics.

Also I've seen no women in this game! I want babes on my team!

Old Post Aug 25th, 2012 05:54 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Lead designer tries to sell his own game

Old Post Oct 5th, 2012 08:02 AM