KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Outlast 2

Outlast 2
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

Outlast 2

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10...nt-dev-confirms

I loved the first one, and loved its DLC even more. Consider me very interested!

PWNT

Old Post Oct 24th, 2014 04:21 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I really enjoyed the first one (haven't played the DLC) but I'm unsure what they can do to further the series.

I was reading in the comments that the developers should give you ways to delay your pursuer. Kind of like the flamethrower from Alien Isolations and it's gadgets.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2014 12:18 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
I really enjoyed the first one (haven't played the DLC) but I'm unsure what they can do to further the series.

I was reading in the comments that the developers should give you ways to delay your pursuer. Kind of like the flamethrower from Alien Isolations and it's gadgets.
That sounds like a good idea to me. I think they should make every enemy as fast as you or faster too. Outrunning people was always too easy. Making them more mobile, while giving you ways to delay them sounds a lot more tense.

And you should really play the DLC if you get the chance. It outdid the main game in every way.

PWNT

Old Post Oct 24th, 2014 06:55 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, I heard that. I'm waiting for a sale. I'm not in a big hurry to do so.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 01:45 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

PWNT

Old Post Oct 29th, 2015 10:46 PM
Arachnid1

(please log in to view the image)

PWNT

Old Post Jan 7th, 2016 05:30 AM
Arachnid1

http://www.ign.com/videos/2016/04/2...ifying-gameplay

I'm getting some serious Hills Have Eyes vibes.

PWNT

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2016 03:52 AM
Arachnid1

http://www.ign.com/videos/2016/04/2...fying-cornfield

That corn field action looks stressful as hell. I'm looking forward to being lost there

PWNT

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2016 08:57 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

The first game was good enough for me to buy the Whistleblower DLC and even that aced in spades so I'm definitely looking forward to the sequel because I hate my heart.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2016 06:37 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

The demo is out guys

PWNT

Old Post Oct 5th, 2016 09:30 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Hmmm...I'm surprised there is a demo.

I wonder if the devs took any cues from Alien: Isolation.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2016 01:06 PM
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Smasandian
Hmmm...I'm surprised there is a demo.

I wonder if the devs took any cues from Alien: Isolation.
After playing the demo, I don't think they did. It seems like more outlast to me. The newest edition they added is the sound indicator on the camera, which didn't add much.

Outlast is great, but it's nowhere near Alien: Isolation's level, and neither is the second from what I played in the demo.

PWNT

Old Post Oct 7th, 2016 02:43 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The game has been refused classification in Australia

won't stop putting from getting their hands on it.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2017 08:14 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Fcking hell this game is scary

PWNT

Old Post Apr 26th, 2017 03:08 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

It bothers me a tad there is zero connection between the first Outlast and it's sequel here. From beginning to end, nothing. Not even a reference unless you count the religious tones both games have but that's about it.

I was expecting a twist like the settlement was founded by a relative of Father Martin, residents of said settlement are asylum inmates from the previous game that escaped, Walrider is secluded and worshipped like it's a god, or everything happening in the game is an open field experiment conducted by the Murkoff Corporation. But nothing like that happens. You're just a guy constantly getting chased by a cult, having a mental breakdown over it while remembering his traumatic childhood. It's like if Silent Hill was the canon sequel to Resident Evil. It makes no sense.

Old Post May 1st, 2017 04:21 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dika123
unstoppable force

the ending is just F ucked

Old Post May 1st, 2017 05:31 AM
dika123 is currently offline Click here to Send dika123 a Private Message Find more posts by dika123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Old Post May 1st, 2017 04:10 PM
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Nemesis X
It bothers me a tad there is zero connection between the first Outlast and it's sequel here. From beginning to end, nothing. Not even a reference unless you count the religious tones both games have but that's about it.

I was expecting a twist like the settlement was founded by a relative of Father Martin, residents of said settlement are asylum inmates from the previous game that escaped, Walrider is secluded and worshipped like it's a god, or everything happening in the game is an open field experiment conducted by the Murkoff Corporation. But nothing like that happens. You're just a guy constantly getting chased by a cult, having a mental breakdown over it while remembering his traumatic childhood. It's like if Silent Hill was the canon sequel to Resident Evil. It makes no sense.
But everything was an experiment by Murkoff. The Outlast bridging comic exlained that Temple Gate was their big experiment following the events of the asylum experiment to try something larger scale. They used the radio towers to send signals (those huge flashes of light that disoriented everyone) that made everyone in the town crazy. It's why the main character was hallucinating throughout the entire thing.

https://i.redd.it/cxiuxfmoq0uy.jpg

Also, not a fan of the ending now that I'm done. We didn't get good payoff on all the characters like Outlast 2 delivered on all it's psychos. No one was as good as Trager or the Groom. This game was scarier than the first game, and improved on just about every aspect besides the characters.

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on May 1st, 2017 at 06:54 PM

Old Post May 1st, 2017 06:42 PM
Arachnid1

Just to clarify, it's not the actual ending I had a problem with. That was cool, beautiful, and kind of fked up. It's the lack of involvement in the ending for the actual characters. Father Knoth had no pay off to justify the focus the story had on him, and we had no ending for Val. She just disappeared. Marta was the only one who had an ending, and it wasn't as satisfying as Wallrider wrecking the hell out of Chris in the first game.

PWNT

Old Post May 1st, 2017 07:06 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Arachnid1
But everything was an experiment by Murkoff. The Outlast bridging comic exlained that Temple Gate was their big experiment following the events of the asylum experiment to try something larger scale. They used the radio towers to send signals (those huge flashes of light that disoriented everyone) that made everyone in the town crazy. It's why the main character was hallucinating throughout the entire thing.

https://i.redd.it/cxiuxfmoq0uy.jpg

Now ya see neither I nor many people know there's a comic and that explanation would've been better off in the game itself than confuse and irritate everybody wondering what's happening especially with that ending that feels like "buy our DLC to know what's up".

Last edited by Nemesis X on May 1st, 2017 at 07:23 PM

Old Post May 1st, 2017 07:13 PM