KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Top 5 LOTR games

Top 5 LOTR games
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

Top 5 LOTR games

LOTR is a great universe for expanding upon in the world of gaming. Name your top 5 here!

1. Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor

2. LOTR: War in the North

3. LOTR: Return of the King (Xbox)

4. The Hobbit (2003) (Xbox) (Yes, that counts)

5. LOTR: Conquest

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Nov 18th, 2014 10:08 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Assuming it's allowed, i'll bite.

1. Battle for Middle Earth/2/ROTWK on PC. As a series, man I wasted so many hours playing those games.
2. ROTK/TTT on PS2. Brilliantly executed games.
3. Shadow of Mordor.
4. War in the North.
5. War of the Ring.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 18th, 2014 10:15 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I liked War in Middle Earth from 1988... I suspect not many here played that. Or the original The Hobbit game.

Five would be pushing it for me- but Lord of the Rings Online isn't bad, as games of that type go.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 18th, 2014 10:20 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
Assuming it's allowed, i'll bite.

1. Battle for Middle Earth/2/ROTWK on PC. As a series, man I wasted so many hours playing those games.
2. ROTK/TTT on PS2. Brilliantly executed games.
3. Shadow of Mordor.
4. War in the North.
5. War of the Ring.

Could you tell me a bit more about "War of the Ring"? I've never heard of it.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2014 10:20 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Could you tell me a bit more about "War of the Ring"? I've never heard of it.

It was an RTS game, but from what I could tell it was based more on the books than the movies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lo...War_of_the_Ring

It wasn't the most amazing game ever, but it was solid and fun enough.

Originally posted by Ushgarak
I liked War in Middle Earth from 1988... I suspect not many here played that. Or the original The Hobbit game.

Five would be pushing it for me- but Lord of the Rings Online isn't bad, as games of that type go.

I tried LOTRO, and ended up feeling terrible when I couldn't get in to it because I like the "look" of the films, and it didn't seem to be in the game at the time.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 18th, 2014 10:25 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Nah they don't have the film part of the licence (minus a terrible attempt to match the feel of the LOTR film score for the opening screen- the rest of LOTRO's music isn't bad, but that wasn't a good start).

But aside from aggravating MMO conventions (I shouldn't be fighting large mobs of huorns in the Old Forest and definitely not legions of damn trolls, anywhere!) they've done great work in getting a lot of the style. The landscape and travelling is very good and if you are the type to get 'into' quest text, that's good as well.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 18th, 2014 10:32 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

I had a clan on LOTRO, I later found out a bunch of the mods from the clan made their own LOTRO forum based on the clan, if I remembered my username or password, I'd come back in a heartbeat.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2014 10:34 AM
Jmanghan

Btw, anyone tried Aragorn's Quest for Wii/PS3?

Old Post Nov 18th, 2014 10:35 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Ushgarak
Nah they don't have the film part of the licence (minus a terrible attempt to match the feel of the LOTR film score for the opening screen- the rest of LOTRO's music isn't bad, but that wasn't a good start).

But aside from aggravating MMO conventions (I shouldn't be fighting large mobs of huorns in the Old Forest and definitely not legions of damn trolls, anywhere!) they've done great work in getting a lot of the style. The landscape and travelling is very good and if you are the type to get 'into' quest text, that's good as well.

I usually am. It's just sad that it would take being "in the movies" to drag me away from SWTOR. I only have time to deal with one MMO at a time lol.

Btw, anyone tried Aragorn's Quest for Wii/PS3?

nope.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 18th, 2014 10:53 AM
Jmanghan

I usually am. It's just sad that it would take being "in the movies" to drag me away from SWTOR. I only have time to deal with one MMO at a time lol.

nope.
Any sensible human being would find LOTRO more appealing then SWTOR, my friend. SW: Galaxies was far better

Old Post Nov 18th, 2014 10:58 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Any sensible human being would find LOTRO more appealing then SWTOR, my friend. SW: Galaxies was far better

laughing out loud

It's a long time since anyone called me sensible, tbh.

Besides, I'm really enjoying how story-driven SWTOR is.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 18th, 2014 11:06 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Oh it's certainly SWTOR season right now; LOTRO is on my back burner, but it will gets its chance again. I want to see it through to Mordor.

BtVS

Old Post Nov 18th, 2014 11:31 AM
Jmanghan

laughing out loud

It's a long time since anyone called me sensible, tbh.

Besides, I'm really enjoying how story-driven SWTOR is.

LOTRO has far funner gameplay, you have an invincible feeling, and the first mission is between you and Strider, you get to fight the Witch-King and Saruman.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2014 11:31 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

GBA ones by Griptonite Games were f*cking perfect.

TTT, TROTK and The Third Age.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2019 03:16 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

The Third Age is my favorite, probably.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2019 04:06 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

1. Return of the King (I had it for Gamecube)
2. Battle for Middle Earth 2
3. Battle for Middle Earth
4. The Two Towers
5. Shadow of Mordor

The Third Age wasn't bad but the ending really ruined the game for me. It was so damn stupid.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2019 04:15 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

No love for the Battlefront clone, Conquest?

Jk. stick out tongue

War in the North is my favorite.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2019 06:34 PM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by ares834
The Third Age wasn't bad but the ending really ruined the game for me. It was so damn stupid.

Play the GBA version to find the greatness, little one.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2019 09:24 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Lego Lord of the Rings is best.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2019 11:17 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

War in the North, Conquest, Return of The King for Xbox and PS2, Shadow of Morder, all 3 Battle for Middle Earth games.

(Honorable mention for The Hobbit on PS2 and Xbox, as well as LOTR Tactics for PSP)

Old Post Mar 31st, 2019 01:09 AM