KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Super Smash Flash 2

Super Smash Flash 2
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

Super Smash Flash 2

Been making Demo's for years, but Greg Mcleod has done it, a free version of SSBB with anime characters!!!

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Dec 14th, 2014 06:16 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I'm not sure a fan game like this warrants its own thread, and I like Goku and company as much as the next guy but they really feel out of place in something like Smash.

Besides, Project M is where it's at. ~

Old Post Dec 16th, 2014 06:28 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
I'm not sure a fan game like this warrants its own thread, and I like Goku and company as much as the next guy but they really feel out of place in something like Smash.

Agreed. Smash with anime characters is a f**king terrible idea.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2014 02:16 PM
Etherean Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Etherean Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Etherean Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

No, it's a brilliant idea. Link vs Pit was completely anime-based.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2014 07:09 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

Originally posted by Jmanghan
No, it's a brilliant idea. Link vs Pit was completely anime-based.

It was stylized as an anime. That doesn't make anime characters in Smash a good idea.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2014 07:40 PM
Etherean Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Etherean Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Etherean Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Sacred 117
It was stylized as an anime. That doesn't make anime characters in Smash a good idea.
To each their own.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2014 09:18 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Guess so. Again though, Project M's the only Smash mod I would use, as it generally includes most of the popular requested Nintendo characters that were rejected by Sakurai instead of some out of place anime characters, and is actually used by the competitive community at Smash tournaments and such (their new Melee in other words).

P: M master race.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2014 09:12 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

...Can't... stop playing... Carpel tunnel.....

No, but seriously, the online for this game has launched, it isn't even out yet and its already filled with content and online leaderboards. Also, apparently its gonna be sort of a mixture between Smash Bros and Mugen. In the sense that its sprites, and also the fact that people can actually create their very own sprite-based characters for the game once its finished.

Of course it isn't in-game creation, but more like you create sprites and animations for the characters, and you import them into the game somehow.

This dude had an awesome Frieza sprite that he was working on.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2015 04:55 AM
Jmanghan

Also, the anime characters feel out of place, I'll admit, but playing as them is tons of fun.

You're also forgetting the main draw. This game is completely and totally free, whereas if you don't have a N64, Gamecube, Wii, or Wii U, you aren't getting it, and thats talking about buying the system and the game. (I don't own any Nintendo consoles anymore, wish I had my Gamecube or Wii back.)

It's mind-blowingly fun for a game like this, the only drawback is that the FPS can dip occasionally, but this is by far the funnest fan-made game I've ever seen.

Oh, btw, the final roster for this game is going to be... obnoxiously big. So yeah.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2015 05:01 AM
cdtm

Besides, Project M is where it's at. ~

http://kotaku.com/smash-community-i...-mod-1745742674

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2015 06:17 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

With how it's looking now I may consider this Smash Flash 2 sometime. Just not sure it's the thing for me long run.

Yeah, saw that news earlier. Kinda sucks (all good things must come to an end I suppose), but at least it's being kept around through other places (download links and all), and other mods for it are still being worked on; just PM as a whole won't be officially updated anymore, so not much has really changed for me.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2015 08:33 AM
Jmanghan

With how it's looking now I may consider this Smash Flash 2 sometime. Just not sure it's the thing for me long run.

Yeah, saw that news earlier. Kinda sucks (all good things must come to an end I suppose), but at least it's being kept around through other places (download links and all), and other mods for it are still being worked on; just PM as a whole won't be officially updated anymore, so not much has really changed for me.

It feels like Smash, I promise you.

It isn't even that much mb.

For the current build, I got 182 mb, tops.

The online can be kinda iffy though, it does work, I'd suggest trying to join another person's room before making your own though, because trolls run rampant.

You can customize all the controls and possibly use a controller if you can figure out how to do that.

Again, the drawing point is that it's free, all you need to do is download the game, and you pretty much have the game, and the amount of effort put into this game is staggering for what it is.

No one feels overpowered, either. They even normalized Meta Knight. Sora, Ichigo, Goku, and Marth are all pretty awesome though. Not OP, but they're better for beginners.

The maps are pretty cool too. Whats weird is, they have a Castlevania map, but no Castlevania character... yet.

They have friggen BOMBERMAN.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2015 05:39 PM
Jmanghan

Oh, and to register your account, its also kinda longer then some other registrations.

Not quite as long as making a new email, but long enough that it'll annoy you.

My biggest complaint, is that when you get disconnected from online, it'll kick you back to the main menu, and you'll have to put in your password all over again. Every single time.

Its frustrating, but once you get into a lag-free game, its awesome.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2015 05:42 PM
Jmanghan

One thing to take note on, you'll have to add SSF2 to your "games" list.

This means you can use your account in-game and play against others.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2015 05:44 PM
cdtm

Downloading it tonight. Haven't tried a game like this since the "SMB with different characters" flash game, and Lemmingball Z (Which was great when it was cell shaded, but kind of lost something when it went to 3d..)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2015 10:58 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by cdtm
Downloading it tonight. Haven't tried a game like this since the "SMB with different characters" flash game, and Lemmingball Z (Which was great when it was cell shaded, but kind of lost something when it went to 3d..)
Trust me, it won't disappoint.

The sprite animations look awesome, even on the lowest quality.

I got ahold of the controls pretty quick, but that may not be the same for others.

The original Super Smash... while fun, was... broken. Completely and totally broken.

The hitboxes.... The impact of the slightest of attacks could send you flying, and kill you.

Quick message though, the servers are offline atm.

Think Smash Bros, with sprites instead of 3D. Thats what you get.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2015 11:54 PM
cdtm

Is there a single player option? (And do you still need to log in for it?) Or is it strictly pvp?

Old Post Dec 4th, 2015 12:06 AM
Jmanghan

Originally posted by cdtm
Is there a single player option? (And do you still need to log in for it?) Or is it strictly pvp?
There's 2 single-player options.

Group, which is the normal versus mode, where you and another person in the same room can use Keyboard controls to fight each other, in here you can change from Free-For-All, Team Battle, and etc. Basically like Smash.

There's also Solo mode, where you can fight Sandbags and such, do special events.

As far as I know, there is no story YET.

But the story that will be there is going to be called "Flash of Shadows" as opposed to "Subspace Emissary".

You can do cool stuff like save your replays after fights, take in-game screenshots from the pause menu, which you can look at later in Photo Viewer.

A few things it won't let you know off the bat are, to pause, press Backspace.

To exit the fight, pause the game, then press O+P+Backspace.

To move around, you use the W-A-S-D keys, Normal attacks are P, Special Attacks are O, Shield/Shield-Rolling is I, and Grabbing is U.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2015 12:13 AM
Jmanghan

The online is down right now but once it is back up, you can create your account.

Keep in mind, if you plan on playing online, it is a complicated process to do everything.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2015 12:15 AM
Jmanghan

You can go Full-Screen by pressing Ctrl+F while in the SSF2 window.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2015 12:16 AM