KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Watch Dogs 2

Watch Dogs 2
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

Watch Dogs 2

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04...-to-employee-cv

For now, I'm pretty meh on this. I'll need to see how they improve what they screwed up in the first.

PWNT

Old Post Apr 30th, 2015 04:59 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spawns
Cheeky Bastard

I can't wait I'm so excited

Thanks SCRIBS!!!

Old Post Apr 30th, 2015 05:36 PM
Spawns is currently offline Click here to Send Spawns a Private Message Find more posts by Spawns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Get rid of the Ubisoft template all of them followed and then I will be interested.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2015 06:16 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I didn't like Watchdogs. Quit playing it after two days and returned it.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Apr 30th, 2015 06:35 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I liked a few parts of it but your are mostly right.

It's because most open world Ubisoft games are starting to play very similar to each other.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2015 06:43 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

The ending kinda pissed me off when [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Claire got killed. it was unecessary and they seemed to do it just cuz.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2015 06:57 PM
KingD19 is online now! Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Watch Dogs sucked.

This one needs to be better, and add H2H combat.

Like, literally, every single area of this game needs to be fantastic.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post May 1st, 2015 09:38 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I think everything would've been covered if there were drive by shooting mechanics. You could not shoot while driving in the first WD. How can you **** up a game with cars and guns and not even combine the two? I get Ubisoft wanting players to hack a lot while driving what with it being the theme and all but there wasn't a lot to help me whenever I had to chase another player. Traffic lights were the only things in sight and they're useless against non-AIs.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on May 1st, 2015 at 11:09 PM

Old Post May 1st, 2015 11:01 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Well, I agree somewhat. I do wish they allowed shooting and driving but disagree that lights were the only useful thing to hack while chasing somebody. Those pillars were also good as well.

I find that the hacking turned into a instant win most of the time. It wasn't organic and felt gamey. At least in Red Dead Redemption/GTA, having the ability to shoot felt more real because it wasn't scripted at all. You could shoot the tires by accident which made the car crash in a crazy way or get a lucky headshot through two windows. It made it feel awesome and it rarely played out the same.

In Watch Dogs, it's like, "oh there is a light, hit X" and the car crashes the same everytime.

But that's not the problem with Watch Dogs. The problem is the Ubisoft template they adhere to every single open world game. And the last ****ing mission being absolute bullshit and ****ing impossible to finish without killing cops.

Old Post May 1st, 2015 11:40 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Bankai.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2016 04:29 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
I liked a few parts of it but your are mostly right.

It's because most open world Ubisoft games are starting to play very similar to each other.
Agreed.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jun 8th, 2016 09:01 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Lookin much better!

Bankai.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2016 08:25 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Smasandian
Well, I agree somewhat. I do wish they allowed shooting and driving but disagree that lights were the only useful thing to hack while chasing somebody. Those pillars were also good as well.

I find that the hacking turned into a instant win most of the time. It wasn't organic and felt gamey. At least in Red Dead Redemption/GTA, having the ability to shoot felt more real because it wasn't scripted at all. You could shoot the tires by accident which made the car crash in a crazy way or get a lucky headshot through two windows. It made it feel awesome and it rarely played out the same.

In Watch Dogs, it's like, "oh there is a light, hit X" and the car crashes the same everytime.

But that's not the problem with Watch Dogs. The problem is the Ubisoft template they adhere to every single open world game. And the last ****ing mission being absolute bullshit and ****ing impossible to finish without killing cops.

(please log in to view the image)

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 12th, 2016 09:02 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Parkour has never ever felt this good or real....

https://www.facebook.com/watchdogsg...e=2&theater

Bankai.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2016 06:57 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Been keeping an eye on the progress of this game and, honestly, it looks pretty good. Protagonist is not as boring as Aiden, the side characters are actually likeable, the gadgets and new hacking abilities are sick, not to mention the open world looking and feeling way more alive than in the last Watch Dogs. I'm actually looking forward to when this comes out. Of course I will watch the reviews before making any decisions in the future. This is Ubisoft.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2016 07:23 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Between this and FFXV this is going to be a nice month. thumb up

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Nov 4th, 2016 12:46 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Between this and FFXV this is going to be a nice month. thumb up
FFXV and Dishonored 2 for me.

But damn that parkour looked great

PWNT

Old Post Nov 4th, 2016 12:56 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

I was going to check this out, but the social commentary put me off. I'll stick with Dishonored 2.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Nov 4th, 2016 01:06 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

WatchDogs was a shitty bland game that didn't even show potential. I wonder what the sequel will be like?

Old Post Nov 6th, 2016 08:06 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

The best game ever made

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Nov 7th, 2016 05:28 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote