KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Horizon: Zero Dawn

Horizon: Zero Dawn
Started by: Demonic Phoenix

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Demonic Phoenix

Horizon: Zero Dawn

Looking forward to this. Got Enslaved: Odyssey to the West vibes from this. And I love me some Archery gameplay.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 01:32 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Good to see Guerrilla Games trying something new.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2015 09:02 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It does look cool and I know the graphics are gorgeous but this is Guerrilla Games.

They have a tendency to create very nice looking games but don't really do much on the gameplay side.

The trailer was very impressive but then I was like, "wow, this environment looks exactly like Enslaved and a bit of Assassins Creed."

Hopefully I'm completely wrong and it's fantastic.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2015 12:55 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Oct 29th, 2015 10:09 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

I'm officially hyped. That framerate doe...

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Oct 29th, 2015 11:27 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I think it's definitely worth of a look and I'm hoping it turns out well.

It has a very nice art design, feel of the world and a cool vibe but as I said before, this is Guerrilla Games......the prime "looks ****ing amazing yet plays like shit" developer.

I'm hoping it doesn't turn out like a version of Assassins Creed combined with Enslaved art design.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2015 03:21 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RadZoa

Brought to you by the brilliant minds behind the Killzone series...at a cinematic 20 fps....PASS

Old Post Oct 30th, 2015 01:59 PM
RadZoa is currently offline Click here to Send RadZoa a Private Message Find more posts by RadZoa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
I think it's definitely worth of a look and I'm hoping it turns out well.

It has a very nice art design, feel of the world and a cool vibe but as I said before, this is Guerrilla Games......the prime "looks ****ing amazing yet plays like shit" developer.

I'm hoping it doesn't turn out like a version of Assassins Creed combined with Enslaved art design.

Looks more like they've combined elements from various games tbh. There's a bit of Far Cry/Tomb Raider (animal hunting, heavy use of the bow and arrow & crafting), Assassin's Creed (stealth), Skyrim (open world rpg exploration), etc.

But damn, the framerate is pretty low, and some of the textures don't look very high res.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2015 04:57 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Looks good!

Bankai.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2015 05:09 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Looks more like they've combined elements from various games tbh. There's a bit of Far Cry/Tomb Raider (animal hunting, heavy use of the bow and arrow & crafting), Assassin's Creed (stealth), Skyrim (open world rpg exploration), etc.

But damn, the framerate is pretty low, and some of the textures don't look very high res.

To give them credit, it is still being worked on.

I'm just weary of the game because it's developed by the Killzone peeps and that's saying a lot considering I actually enjoyed Shadow Fall (because it wasn't Killzone 2 and 3).

Old Post Oct 30th, 2015 05:20 PM
Demonic Phoenix

Oh yeah, I know. It's just that I've kinda gotten used to E3 demos being significantly polished, and in a few cases, looking better than the final release.

I haven't played any of the Killzone games, but wasn't Killzone 2 a good game?

Old Post Oct 30th, 2015 08:42 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Nope. I played about a year ago (picked it up for $3) and it's not very good. I remember it looking pretty good but it's ****ing dark and muddy as shit. The story kind of crap and shooting is pretty shitty.

I just wasn't into it.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2015 09:27 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I really like Killzone 2. The "heavy" movement takes some getting used to but they did an amazing job with the atmosphere in that game, really feels like you're in the middle of a warzone. Something they weren't really able to do in the following Killzone games.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2015 10:16 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

At the time I would somewhat agree but it does not hold up well at all.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2015 03:48 AM
Demonic Phoenix

Lookin' good.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2016 07:47 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Sweet!

Bankai.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2016 08:39 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I like the design and the graphics are gorgeous. It will be interesting to see if the gameplay holds up because Guerilla Games doesn't necessarily the sure thing track record.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2016 02:17 PM
cdtm

Is this anything like Dragon's Dogma? Or more Shadow of Colossus?

Seeing the point seems to be hunting giant mechanical dinosaurs..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2017 11:03 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It's nothing like that.

It plays like a Far Cry game. It's open world where there is missions, side missions, collectibles and you clear out camps. You craft things and an upgrade tree.

The difference is that there is robot animals.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2017 12:43 AM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

How's the writing for main/side-quests? Not asking for Witcher 3 level depth but also not in the mood for another Inquisition lol

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jun 15th, 2017 01:11 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote