KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » What is your favorite gaming system of all time?

What is your favorite gaming system of all time?
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

What is your favorite gaming system of all time?

Mine's the PSP, never have I spent so much time on any game system, I haven't touched my PS3 or my brother's PS4 in over a month because I've been playing my vita games or watching youtube videos.

Got my first PSP when the first Dissidia came out, and started becoming a serious gamer, we also got a PS3, but I didn't really feel like playing it, despite getting the awesome game "Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena". All I would play was Dissidia, I started to master it, I was able to beat the game without ever even attempting a dodge or block, and nearly beat Inner Chaos doing so. Then I got a plethora of awesome games, but being 12 back in 2009, I couldn't really get all the games I wanted. I do however, today, have most of the games I was craving to get back then.

If anything, I have always been more of a portable gamer.

The NDS was pretty great too, but didn't appeal to me that much, I have fond memories of playing Phantom Hourglass but from what I've seen, I never came close to beating it. I beat the Ghost Ship and got back Tetra, but thats about it.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Last edited by Jmanghan on Nov 29th, 2015 at 12:43 PM

Old Post Nov 29th, 2015 12:30 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

The PS2 was a great console, and probably the one I spent the most time on overall. Consoles have since been 'better', but the PS2 was a perfect bridging console that showed where console video gaming could go. Also, just generally a great selection of games for it.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2015 12:36 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Ps2 was great but ps3 and 360 were easily the best.

Skyrim ,Fallout 3,Arkham games just to name a few.

If they can make next gen games better then those and not just graphics.

They will easily be the best.Imo

Bankai.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2015 01:18 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Also dont forget the trophy/achievement systems and the dlc stuff.

They are great.

Bankai.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2015 01:39 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

For me it's a very tough decision between the SNES and the PS2

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Nov 29th, 2015 03:18 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

SNES.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2015 04:43 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Estacado
Ps2 was great but ps3 and 360 were easily the best.

Skyrim ,Fallout 3,Arkham games just to name a few.

If they can make next gen games better then those and not just graphics.

They will easily be the best.Imo
Yeah, but all the flagship titles were on the PS2 and Xbox.

PS3 didn't have a lot of great outside of its own IP's and Naughty Dog's.

If you can excel without TOO MUCH third party support, then you win, imo.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Nov 29th, 2015 05:04 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by ares834
SNES.

Originally posted by Impediment
For me it's a very tough decision between the SNES and the PS2

thumb up

Old Post Nov 29th, 2015 07:23 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Ps2 if we include its backwards compatibility.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 29th, 2015 10:34 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

PS2 for me

can't really say much about the older Nintendo systems, Never owned one i was more of a SEGA person.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2015 05:54 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Gameboy Advance.

Pretty much for the same reason everyone is adding the SNES to the list. It had a nice balance between how much effort was put into gameplay and how much delved into graphics. Great selection of games, playable on the go, backlit and compatible with the GBA if you really need to play it on your TV. Backwards compatible with an great library of games.

Not to mention the great ratio on quality vs price.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Nov 30th, 2015 10:21 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

N64 was my first introduction into gaming. Classic stuff.

PS2 is a bit of a crossroads for me. When it worked it was probably the most fun with the massive quantity of games but I went through 3 of them and had major issues with arguably its best game(San Andreas).

Haven't had any issues with the PS3/PS4 but haven't played that many games on either so......

I'll go N64!

Old Post Dec 4th, 2015 04:02 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
draxx_tOfU
Gundam Meister

Fave: Ps1

Greatest imo would be Ps2 though.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2015 04:16 PM
draxx_tOfU is currently offline Click here to Send draxx_tOfU a Private Message Find more posts by draxx_tOfU Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote