KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Gaming Stories.

Gaming Stories.
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

Gaming Stories.

Share fond (or not-so-fond) memories of gaming here!

One of my best memories gaming was when I'd play DBZ: Tenkaichi Tag Team on my bus to school with the others on my bus, they were a lot younger then me (I was in high school, and we'd have kids on there who were in 5th grade for some reason). Regardless, all of that was a fun time. Never got the chance to buy the game in full, so I played the demo. Bus rides are so much better then walking to school, any day.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Dec 1st, 2015 01:14 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

In Halo Reach's bomb assault, my team and the enemy's were tied 2-2. Not wanting us to have an edge, they decided to rain down on our base like a meteor shower soon as they knew we got the bomb. I managed to miraculously get away with said bomb with nobody the wiser. I hid in the caverns of the Blood Gulch map and bided for time. Saw more of the enemy team eventually heading for my base and crouched to theirs the whole way so nobody left would find me on the radar. Needless to say the stealth operation was a success. Bomb was planted, everyone freaking out and rushing back home to stop me, remaining guards I managed to stave off, bomb goes, won a cookie.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Dec 1st, 2015 at 01:57 PM

Old Post Dec 1st, 2015 01:55 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spawns
Cheeky Bastard

I don't mute call of duty players because I love it when they accuse me of hacking or modding and rage. When in all reality I was just better then them

Thanks SCRIBS!!!

Old Post Dec 1st, 2015 02:41 PM
Spawns is currently offline Click here to Send Spawns a Private Message Find more posts by Spawns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I have a lot but one of most treasured moments in gaming is getting a bootlegged copy of Half Life (CDKEY was 1234567890) from a friends and playing that game for an entire weekend non-stop. Finished the last boss on Tuesday and freaked out at my step-father when he inturrupted me during the last scripted event.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2015 03:04 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

In MW3, I went 32-1 in Mission. I had a gold RSASS sniper rifle with a silencer and a variable scope. My sidearm was Akimbo Scorpions(since you can spray/pray practically anyone closer than 15 feet if you use both). I had a tac insert and a claymore. And I was using Assassin Pro, Scavenger Pro, and Sitrep Pro. I set up in the house a the bottom of the hill with my tac insert in the house with me, my claymore on the stairs so even with Stalker Pro, it'd blow up by the time you reached it. And I just sniped the shit out of everyone. Whoever tried to come into the house either got sniped, exploded, or Scorpion'd if they got too close. The one time I died though, is because I ran down the stairs and killed a guy who came in, but forgot my claymore and it blew up in my face.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2015 04:20 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Another one, most recently. So you guys know how creepily obsessed I am with Dissidia, right?

Reason behind that is because it was my first PSP game, and the PSP is my favorite game system of all time.

Anyway, back to the story.

Its Christmas, 2009, I had just gotten the game, opened it up and was the happiest kid on the planet. I worked my way up the ranks of the game, finding all the ins and outs of it, all the secrets. Got myself "Bone Mail" and "Ultima Weapon", which I actually have on youtube. I beat my way through "Inward Chaos" determined to beat him, but I could never do it, no matter how hard I tried, or what tactics I used, I could never beat him. (I think this was mostly because through-out the game, I had never once attempted to dodge or block, just beat the game through running, jumping, and attacking.)

2011 comes around, and I'm psyched to hear about the new Dissidia game, titled "Dissidia Duodecim 012: Final Fantasy". Eventually after beating all the story modes, I jumped into 000, Duodecim's version of "Inward Chaos". It was tough, but I managed to beat it. STILL wasn't able to beat Inward Chaos whenever I picked up the original game. It tore at me when I'd think about it.

Now, while my PSP and my copy of Duodecim, are both practically useless today, I had been training through the game. Not only was I able to beat Chaos (Eventually), but I was able to perfect-run him. Beat him without losing any health, bravery points decreasing are a minor inconvenience, but now I beat the hardest boss in my favorite fighting game.

Hasn't got shit on Shao Kahn though.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2015 05:02 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KingD19
In MW3, I went 32-1 in Mission. I had a gold RSASS sniper rifle with a silencer and a variable scope. My sidearm was Akimbo Scorpions(since you can spray/pray practically anyone closer than 15 feet if you use both). I had a tac insert and a claymore. And I was using Assassin Pro, Scavenger Pro, and Sitrep Pro. I set up in the house a the bottom of the hill with my tac insert in the house with me, my claymore on the stairs so even with Stalker Pro, it'd blow up by the time you reached it. And I just sniped the shit out of everyone. Whoever tried to come into the house either got sniped, exploded, or Scorpion'd if they got too close. The one time I died though, is because I ran down the stairs and killed a guy who came in, but forgot my claymore and it blew up in my face.
KINGD19 vs FaZe_Rain GO.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2015 05:03 PM
Spawns
Cheeky Bastard

Wot m8 1v1 me m8

Thanks SCRIBS!!!

Old Post Dec 1st, 2015 06:10 PM
Spawns is currently offline Click here to Send Spawns a Private Message Find more posts by Spawns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

I'll fuccin decc u in, bruv. Sware on me mum.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2015 06:20 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spawns
Cheeky Bastard

Originally posted by KingD19
I'll fuccin decc u in, bruv. Sware on me mum.

I'll rep ya m9 ur m9

Thanks SCRIBS!!!

Old Post Dec 1st, 2015 06:33 PM
Jmanghan

i sware it d0wn man.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2015 07:26 PM
KingD19

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 1st, 2015 08:04 PM
Jmanghan

Mmkay, so you remember those Star Wars Trilogy Arcade machines?

When I was little and went to Chuck E Cheese (Still think they have the best pizza, nothing can hold a candle to it).

Anyway, when I was little, the only thing I'd play was that, Skee-ball, or that one game where you played a fire fighter and shot down fires with a fake fire hose.

Regardless, I was never able to beat Vader in the Trilogy Arcade game.

Though, one day, when I have enough money, I plan on buying one of the arcade units so I can play it.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2015 05:35 AM
Jmanghan

This thing

Attachment: 1181242172216.jpg
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2015 05:39 AM
Jmanghan

One more story, then I'll wait for someone else to post theirs before posting another one.

So, I'm a huge FF fan today, right? Probably my favorite series.

But thats only because at one point I was obsessed with series-starters, looking up clips of Final Fantasy 1, seeing a fight against some Fairy. I saw one name, "Arus". Me being naive to video games back then, figured that since the other game's characters all had canon names, that Arus was his canon name, so I started looking up dumb stuff. "Arus vs", and shit like that, to be puzzled to only find THAT GUY'S videos.

Before I got Dissidia, when it had just come out, before I even had my first PSP, I'd look all over the internet to see fight videos. "Arus vs Sephiroth".

Turned out, Arus was the name I'd choose where you'd play God. Any game where you would play a god, I'd pick the name "Arus". Starting off with the Patapon series and continuing long into many games.

To this day, I still have a soft spot for Series Starters. Like TES: Arena and such.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2015 05:47 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Mmkay, so you remember those Star Wars Trilogy Arcade machines?

When I was little and went to Chuck E Cheese (Still think they have the best pizza, nothing can hold a candle to it).

Anyway, when I was little, the only thing I'd play was that, Skee-ball, or that one game where you played a fire fighter and shot down fires with a fake fire hose.

Regardless, I was never able to beat Vader in the Trilogy Arcade game.

Though, one day, when I have enough money, I plan on buying one of the arcade units so I can play it.

I remember not being able to beat Boba Fett on that back in the day, let alone Vader. They should totally re-release that game digitally. It was mostly a rail shooter, aye?

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2015 11:34 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
I remember not being able to beat Boba Fett on that back in the day, let alone Vader. They should totally re-release that game digitally. It was mostly a rail shooter, aye?
Yeah, but a damn fun one. The best Star Wars arcade game IMO.

The hoth level gave us Shadows of the Empire in first person with slightly better graphics.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2015 05:03 AM
Jmanghan

That, DDR, and the Tekken games were the King of Arcade machines for me.

We all have our home consoles, but we still have an urging to go back to those arcades for that nostalgic feel, some of the games look outdated, but deep down we know they're just old school.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2015 05:08 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Yeah, but a damn fun one. The best Star Wars arcade game IMO.

The hoth level gave us Shadows of the Empire in first person with slightly better graphics.

Agreed. It should get talked about more than it does.

The graphics for the space battles against Star Destroyers and such didn't look quite as good as the Rogue Squadrons on the Gamecube and such (guessing it came out before them), but overall looked pretty great for its time, especially the Hoth and Endor levels.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2015 08:40 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

One memory I had was beating Psycho Mantis in Metal Gear Solid, without putting the controller in to the second port becase I didnt know about it lol. He was a tough boss and I remember when I finally beat him that I felt great. I didn't really tell anyone about this.

It was until many years later I learned about the exploit you could do and that was how most people beat him. Even today when I tell friends I beat him without the exploit they look at me like I'm a mad man. stick out tongue

sig by Rao Kal El

Last edited by Newjak on Dec 3rd, 2015 at 01:54 PM

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2015 01:50 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote