KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Left 4 Dead 3

Left 4 Dead 3
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

Left 4 Dead 3

http://segmentnext.com/2016/01/08/r...details-leaked/

Hyped AF. Love those games. I just hope they don't rape us with DLC and microtransactions again like in Evolve.

PWNT

Old Post Jan 11th, 2016 02:22 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I believe when I see it.

If it's a full price title, Valve will probably not charge for DLC and only offer cosmetic microtransactions that go above and beyond what they offer.

If free to play and I think there is a 75% chance it will be which means you will see something similar to DLC and microtransactions.

In the end, if Left 4 Dead is the next game they do (and they really haven't made anything of substance in 5 years) then **** them. I don't think the world have been clamoring for another Left 4 Dead.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2016 03:55 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Never really liked the Left 4 Dead games. Always get bored of them pretty quickly.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2016 04:56 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
I believe when I see it.

If it's a full price title, Valve will probably not charge for DLC and only offer cosmetic microtransactions that go above and beyond what they offer.

If free to play and I think there is a 75% chance it will be which means you will see something similar to DLC and microtransactions.

In the end, if Left 4 Dead is the next game they do (and they really haven't made anything of substance in 5 years) then **** them. I don't think the world have been clamoring for another Left 4 Dead.

Left 4 Dead is arguably the most popular Zombie game series of all time.

Think it even beat out Dead Rising.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jan 11th, 2016 11:25 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It's only good if you have a good group of friends. Also, like most co-op games, if you play by yourself, it's damn hard to play at a higher difficulty level and they go pretty fast.

I was lucky that I started school when the first one was released and we all played PC games. So we played the original one like crazy at LAN parties and it was fantastic. When Left 4 Dead 2 came out, it was already declining and I probably put in 10 hours or so.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2016 11:26 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Thats what I have a little brother for.

However, hoping its released on last-gen consoles (Mainly PS3).

However I'm nervous about paying for a PS4 game on the PS3, due to the trainwreck POS that was SoM.

Consistently low framerate, Original Xbox-like graphics, no fluent animations, screen tearing, and tons of other issues completely ruined the experience for me.

The only PS4-PS3 game I bought was Dragon Ball Xenoverse.

Last edited by Jmanghan on Jan 11th, 2016 at 11:30 AM

Old Post Jan 11th, 2016 11:27 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I'm 99% it's not on a previous console. The article suggests its a 2017 release.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2016 11:51 AM
Quincy
Debaser

Really loved the first one. Lots of fun

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jan 11th, 2016 12:59 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Oh yeah, the first one is great. The second is technically better but I never really played it much.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2016 01:56 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

The 2nd one was better than the first in certain areas, but not as a whole, IMO. Though yeah, with you on the "I'll believe it when I see it, but not until then" line of thought.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2016 02:38 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I don't know. It had more guns, levels were more diverse and interesting, more diverse enemy types. Overall, it's a better game but not as memorable as the first. It also didn't help that it was released just a year after the first (a crazy time considering Valve never does that).

I know Half Life 3 will probably never be released but couldn't Valve create a new type of IP instead of rehashing Left 4 Dead?

Old Post Jan 11th, 2016 02:49 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I guess that's a fair way of putting it, although the melee weapons were the main thing that sold me on the 2nd, whereas the new guns and most of that other stuff were just kinda there. I won't deny though the times that I wished the newer special infected were in the first game as far as versus.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2016 04:23 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, and the weapons make a big difference for variety. Left 4 Dead didn't really a ton of content but nobody cared because it was so much ****ing fun with friends.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2016 05:53 PM
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
The 2nd one was better than the first in certain areas, but not as a whole, IMO. Though yeah, with you on the "I'll believe it when I see it, but not until then" line of thought.

No melee combat. ****.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2016 07:12 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Wait, you're saying the reported supposed L4D3 won't have any melee combat? How will that work?

Old Post Jan 13th, 2016 07:32 PM
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Wait, you're saying the reported supposed L4D3 won't have any melee combat? How will that work?
No, the FIRST one had no melee combat.

The second one has Melee combat, which IMHO, makes it at least slightly better then the first one.

Same mechanics, basically the same game, but with more added stuff.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2016 03:28 PM